Vegan Asian cuisine near ARC College. Has Vietnamese pho noodle soup. No eggs or MSG. Probably all vegan, but best confirm that mock meats are vegan. Nice atmosphere. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese, Asian, Juice bar, Take-out, Take-out

First Review by ubswe3t
MorelyC
MorelyC

Avoid if not eating soy or gluten

2 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2014

I was very disappointed with my experience at this restaurant. The waiter was very pleasant, but inexperienced and unaware that seitan is wheat gluten. Every dish either had soy or wheat gluten in it, I cannot eat either. I explained this to the waiter, he wasn't very helpful with suggestions. I went ahead and ordered vegetable fried rice without tofu, with extra vegetables. The only vegetables in it were peas and diced carrots. I asked for a side of stir fried vegetables, like cabbage and broccoli, the kitchen sent out steamed cabbage, broccoli and carrots and said that the only way I could have stir fry would be to order an entree. The waiter tried his best to help me get what I wanted, but the kitchen basically refused.

Pros: friendly staff
Cons: everything has soy or gluten, will not accommodate special orders
Smfenste
Smfenste

Great food!

3 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2014

This place gas great food. Good service. Friendly and will adapt, adjust to fit into my food preferences! I love eating here!

Pros: all vegan menu, good service
Cons: closed on Sunday
serena11
serena11

Awesome Food!

5 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2014

My daughter and I recently tried this restaurant, It was awesome!! Food was delicious! Will definitely return. Large portions, very fresh. A gem!

AlanC
AlanC

Be Very Specific on the Directions

3 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

First things first: The food is okay, the portions are big, and the prices are reasonable. The wonton soup is enough for 2 and delicious. There is no stellar entree although they are okay. Make sure that you are very clear with the waitress about when you want to have the different courses. She doesn't seem to have much experience going to a restaurant herself. They bring out all of the courses at the same time, sometimes she brings out the soup after the entree. Not only do you need to tell her that you want the soup first but you also need to tell her that you don't want the other stuff until each course is finished. By the third time we were there and we were clear we really had had enough and didn't want to argue any more. We are pretty relaxed people but you can't argue with common sense. We still feel it is worth supporting this restaurant. They are good people at heart.

Pros: Large portions, cheap, Food is tasty
Cons: They bring out all food at the same time
HappyYogini
HappyYogini

Key Lime Pie-AMAZING

5 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2013

I knew that I had found the best key lime pie when I had a piece of the Noble Vegetarian's home made key lime pie. Absolutely tasty and a perfect balance between lime taste and textures. We bought a pie to take home--that good!

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, hearty dishes, clean environment
Moomoohappytears
Moomoohappytears

Very tasty

5 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2012

My partner and I went here to celebrate my birthday. After reading reviews we went here and it was the first vegetarian restaurant we ever visited. We shared the Roses on the grill and I loved it, as close to the real thing. I also had the golden flower blossom which was fantastic and full of flavor. It was citrusy and tangy and great. My girl friend had something with curry, coconut juice, broccoli, as well as tofu. I didn't like it at all. She claimed to like it but she had maybe seven bites. We aldo got sides of brown and white rice, which were dry but I sprinkled the tangy sauce over it, and that fixed the problem. Also their drinks aren't fountain they are cans. The service was friendly we were repeatedly
asked if we needed refills on our water, which was huge for my partner. Also the woman that gave us our bill and showed concern over the curry that only had a handful of bites taken from it. She asked if anything wrong with it. I have been craving the Golden flower blossom since I've had it and plan to return as soon as I get paid!

Pros: Good portions, Friendly staff, Great ambiance
Cons: Sketchy location
SacramentoVegetarian
SacramentoVegetarian

The Noble Vegetarian is a very good restaurant

5 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

I highly recommend the excellent vegetarian food and pleasant staff at this small restaurant. It is located in a small strip mall and the interior decor is only average. However, the great food and service make it well worth going.

mcgyver68
mcgyver68

Surprisingly good.

5 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2012

One of the hazards of traveling to different places is that you really never know what you are getting into for dinner. This is ten times more true if you are vegetarian. Some localized ethnic places decide they want to serve a veg menu so they just sub cubed tofu in all their meat dishes. I hate that. Thai places are notorious for that trick.

Noble Veg does something completely different. They use mock-meats but it is prepared, seasoned and cooked as part of a complete recipe, not just substituting the meat out of their dishes. Likewise the sauces are made with a purpose and it really makes the dishes delicious.

I had Spring Rolls and the roses dish. In fact, I'm still eating it in my hotel room. The service tonight was slow. I was cautioned that the order could take 20 minutes to make. It was more like 45 minutes. But the owners were quite busy tonight and they seemed to be surprised and frustrated a bit as if this was an unusual amount of business at once, so I'll give them a pass on that.

Noble will definitely hold a spot on my gold star list of places I want to return next time I am in Sacramento... Which will probably be next week.

Good Job!

Pros: Unique flavors, Very tasty sauces, Really nice people
Cons: Long wait, Slightly sketchy area
veggiefox
veggiefox

Okay, nothing special

3 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2011

I had the roses on the grill. I give them credit for having cool names for their dishes, but otherwise, I wasn't impressed. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't impressive.

ashwinn
ashwinn

Nice entrees

5 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2011

Gotta love the chow mein (i order it spicy) and ruby pearls.

Pros: friendly owners
Lettuce Muncher
Lettuce Muncher

Even non-vegans enjoyed it!

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2011

First off, everything on their menu is vegan, and they have lots of tofu options for those who aren't big fans of fake meat. I was very impressed with this place and so was my non-vegan family. I had the Love From Above 1 and the veggies were perfect, the sauce was great too. Also enjoyed the Golden Age Nugget, which were veggie chicken nuggets, the Prawns to Perfection and Longevity Rolls, which were good as long as you like mint. My husband had the Ruby Pearls, which I felt were too greasy but he really enjoyed. The rest of my family enjoyed their soups, you can chose the spice level and my mother-in-law was tearing up from her "hot" spice level. The place was clean and not busy and the employees were knowledgeable and nice and didn't have a problem that we brought a 1 month old. If I didn't live 500 miles away, I would go here again!

Pros: All Vegan, Lots of options
Cons: Lots of fried food
spizyxoxo
spizyxoxo

one of the best

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2011

My husband and I eat here all the time and love the food. The service is usually good but don't be surprised if sometimes they need a reminder that you need water. We particularly love the roses on the grill roll, wonton soups, eggplant tofu, chow mein, lemongrass vegekin & islands of paradise 3. The restaurant is clean and newly remodeled. Portions are fairly large and they are pretty consistent. All restaurants have their pros and cons, but since this is one of the best around, I'm gonna give it 5 cows.

larryabailey
larryabailey

A Place To Go Back To!

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2010

Great restaurant for the vegans! Nice menu with a wide selection dishes, very friendly and helpful staff, fast service, wonderful tasting food and at a reasonable price. I had a great Wonton Rice Noodle Soup (gluten free) and my partner had the "Island of Paradise". We would recommend both. While shoveling the brown rice, tofu, soy protein, and vegetables into his mouth with the chop sticks, my partner asked "why haven't 'you' suggested this place before"? Bless his heart! I do plan on suggesting we go back many times more to try out other items on menu.

Pros: Good Menue, Great Tasting Food, Friendly Staff
unoriginal
unoriginal

delicious!

5 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2009

I can't believe i waited so long to try this place! I ended up there one rainy evening after class because i had the most intense craving for wonton soup, but i've never been able to find a vegetarian version. This place has AMAZING soup. I recommend the wonton noodle soup. The roti drumsticks are also fantastic and they come with a handy little stick to give you the true drumstick experience. The kung pao "chicken" is also a staple. It has a generous amount of mock chicken, veggies, and a tasty sauce. Plus, now through december '09 they're opening up on the last sunday of the month AND giving you 50% off your bill on those days. I swear i don't work there, i'm just excited that i don't have to drive all the way through midtown just to get some decent vegetarian food!

Pros: delicious, fairly priced, friendly staff
HollyJGS
HollyJGS

A fantastic find!

5 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2009

The Noble Vegetarian is located near American River College in Sacramento; I've noticed it a few times on my way out there and finally decided to stop in and try it. And I'm so glad that I did! The majority of their menu items are centered around vegetarian meat replacements, and the quality is great, the sauces are tasty, and the overall meal I ate was fantastic. I also like that they offer brown rice as well as regular white rice. I will definitely be going back sometime soon, and taking my husband with me next time! I want to try some of their appetizers and soups.

Pros: delicious food, healthy options, pleasant atmosphere
Cons: N/A
Giovanni
Giovanni

My Favorite Restaurant

5 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2008

This place is the Best of the Best. The food is awesome, prices are great, I could eat there everyday.
Everything on the menu is my favorite.

Pros: Excellent Food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
Cons: None, Nope not one, No Cons Here
jamber79
jamber79

yum

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2008

Good casual restaurant. Soups are delicious, the large is huge and reasonably priced. Friendly service too.

Pros: price, tasty food
jenngg
jenngg

A wonderful out-of-the-way find!

5 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2008

A vegetarian living in Sacramento for 13 years, you could have knocked me over with a feather when I discovered Noble Vegetarian. What a find! I have been three times and have loved each dish. My favorite is the Ruby Pearls, which is fried tofu balls in sweet and sour sauce. I have dreams about this dish! All the Love From Above dishes are also very tasty.

Pros: Wonderful philosophy, Great food
Cons: It's too far from my house!
Robin E Parker
Robin E Parker

Wonderful discovery

4 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2008

I just started traveling to the "Sacramento" area and found this place last week. I ended up eating there twice in one week and will be going again this week.
Try the Nutty Burger and Nutty Taco, you will not be disappointed.
Plan on eating outside and enjoying the view of this small town.

Pros: excellent food, good choices, interesting
  • jenngg jenngg

I believe this user meant to review the Sunflower in Fair Oaks - I agree that their nutty burgers and tacos are wonderful!

veggielvr02
veggielvr02

Yummy food.

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2008

The food is so yummy! I had a noodle bowl with veggies and vegan egg rolls and a yummy sauce. It was so delicious. I also tried other dishes that my friends ordered and they were equally as good. I really like the curry dish with veggie chicken. They also have a variety of soups and spring rolls and everything is vegan! I will definitely be going back soon.

Pros: big portions, friendly staff, DELICIOUS!
clownsinc
clownsinc

I Love This Place

5 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2008

My wife and I have been eating here for a while now. They have wonderful food. This is a family owned specializing in Vietnamese vegetarian cooking. I have tried most of the menu and have enjoyed all.

My personal favorite is the Ginger Vegeken. My wife who is decidedly not vegetarian enjoys eating at Noble Vegetarian. She really likes the Banana Cake.

Pros: excellent food, freindly, healthy food
carolkautz
carolkautz

New Favorite Restaurant

5 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2008

I tried this place last week for the first time and went there twice in one week because it was so good. The veggie pho and drumsticks were excellent! If you're a vegetarian in Sacramento you've got to check this place out!

Pros: Awesome Food, Large Portions, Reason Prices
sasexec
sasexec

First Visit-A Good Choice

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2008

We found this restaurant to be clean with great service and prices. This was our first visit but both dishes we tried were excellent. Another good choice in our rotation of vegan food restaurants-Au Luc, Andy Nyugens, Udupi, and now the Noble Vegetarian.

Pros: Large choice of menu items, Great Servise and Prices, Clean
Cons: NONE!!
mpunja
mpunja

Really good place

5 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2007

I ate at Noble Vegetarian for the first time today. I was really impressed with the food, I had a rice plate, which was imitation grilled chicken. The prices are very reasonable as well. The staff are very kind and environment friendly. I definitely recommend trying it out.

Pros: excellent food, good value, nice staff
ubswe3t
ubswe3t

my favorite restaurant!

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2007

if you are looking for a good vegetarian restaurant, or just want to try some good food..go to NOBLE VEGETARIAN. their menu has authentic quality vegetarian dishes made of vegetables, tofu, substitutes, and a really good selection of smoothies. and the best part...the prices are really cheap! so bring your family, friends, coworkers, or special someone and enjoy great dining at this restaurant. i love the vegetarian fortune cookie and cheesecake.

Pros: unique vegetarian dishes, low prices, free delivery
Guest
Guest

awesome place to eat

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2007

great food! great prices! good place for lunch, to go, (they also deliver) and a nice place to have dinner or go on a date.

Pros: reasonable prices, vegan friendly, great atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Noble Vegetarian: