CLOSED: No Worries

Little family run restaurant serving vegan Filipino cuisine that's rare to find anywhere else. Offers around 10 traditional entrees using faux meats. Also has lumpia (egg rolls) and soups like vege chicken asparagus. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Filipino, Catering

First Review by VeganPike
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

tasty Filipino food

5 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2011

While visiting friends nearby, we all decided on No Worries as our friends are Filipino and non-vegan, but they were quite curious how to make it vegan as they don't care for some of the unusual meats used in Filipino cooking. As we have never had authentic Filipino food as it's hard to find vegan stuff, we let our friends order all the dishes that we ate family style. We started with the lumpia which was tasty. Our main dishes were the soy chicken adobo, bistek, kare kare and the sinigang soup. The adobo also had eggplant and a delicious smoky marinade. The bistek sauce was also fantastic with the beef strips, broccoli and string beans. The kare kare came with cabbage, eggplant and a peanut sauce, but it was just okay. I usually love peanut sauce, so I was surprised by that. The soup was fabulously sour with different veggies and soy fish. For dessert, we shared the turon (deep fried plantain and jackfruit rolls) and the halo halo which was a huge glass layered with red beans, coconut gel, jackfruit, almond milk, ice and coconut ice cream (then mixed together as you eat it). Both were yummy. Our friends were very impressed with the place and plan to bring other people there as well. The service was nice and friendly too. Definitely check them out if you get the chance as I don't know any other place serving vegan Filipino food (which was extremely tasty to boot)!

Pros: vegan Filipino, tasty sauces and entrees, friendly service
Cons: only open for lunch on weekdays
Vaja
Vaja

Excellent lunch specials!

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2011

I really love No Worries! While it may not be a place to bring people who aren't into meat substitutes, if you like them and enjoy Filipino food then this place is for you! Today I had the three item lunch special which ended up being a whole lot of food for $8.50. I chose the:
-Pancit which was thin rice noodles cooked in a broth with veggie chicken, carrots, and celery. I thought this dish was good and simple, I would order it again.
-Bistek which was similar to their Adobo but also included veggies such as broccoli, green beans, and onions. The veggie beef was delicious with a strong taste of soy, vinegar, and garlic, a total flavor explosion!
-The final item in my lunch was the Afritada which is excellent! It comes with veggie chicken, red bell peppers, peas, and potatoes in a mild tomato sauce which is just lovely with the scoop of rice that comes with the combo.
On other visits I have also had the:
-Lumpia which was excellent! It tastes fresh and crispy with a flavorful veggie ground beef and green pea filling, yum!
-Tocho was good and would be perfect for the fish lovers out there as it had a pretty realistic fishy flavor which ended up being a bit overwhelming for me as I was never a big fish eater.
-Mungo was a hearty mung bean stew which was healthy and comforting and would be a great item to get for those who don't like a lot of fake meats and those who like to keep it healthy and simple.
I can't wait to try more of their yummy vegan Filipino food!

Pros: All vegan, Great lunch specials, Delicious and creative food
CeeDee
CeeDee

Excellent food, fun atmosphere

5 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2011

We at at No Worries and totally enjoyed our dinner! The food was really tasty and the staff very friendly. It has been a long time since I have had Filipino food and was delighted to have such yummy lumpia! I think the menu is interesting and I look forward to going back to try more things.

Make room for dessert because they have a great vanilla coconut ice cream with fried plantains!

Pros: friendly staff, delicious food, fun atmosphere
Cons: neighborhood slightly abandoned at night

Jubs
Jubs

Yum!

5 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2011

I love this place! Great food, friendly staff and an evolving menu. Since they opened just a few months ago I have already seen many new items appear on the menu. I have tried a lot and all were delicious. Of course the lumpia are a home run ( you may want two orders!) and I love their lunch menu so you can sample a few different entrees for pretty cheap. The adobo is fantastic as well, but honestly I haven't tried anything I didn't like. I will continue to frequent this awesome local, family owned vegan spot. not to mention the owner us sweet and cute!

Pros: Food, Staff, Location
Cons: Closed on Sundays!
Myha Rose
Myha Rose

much to be desired.

2 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2010

Pros: friendly staff, nice ambiance
Cons: food.

So, it was my first visit and i have to say i was not impressed. Every item on the menu contained a soy based fake meat. I personally believe a vegetarian place should have atleast one entree consisting of just veggies!

Anyways, I went with the pansit and giniling. Pansit was tolerable, nothing to write home about. But the giniling, oh man. I mean, maybe i'm just not a fan of fake meat but i was disheartened! If they took out the fake meat and worked on the flavor a bit, i think it might have had some real potential!

Whatever happened to vegetarian food celebrating the deliciousness of the vegetable, rather than adding imitation meat?

• Vaja Vaja

Hi! You might want to check out the menu at No Worries again as they actually do have some substantial menu items that don't contain veggie meats such as the Talong Sitaw Adobo, Mungo, Sopas, Lugaw, Veggie Stir-fry, and the Lemon-Herb Sautee! I personally really like the fact that No Worries uses veggie meat in place of animals in a very meat centric cuisine, but since you don't I thought I would pass along all the dishes that they do offer without the veggie meats!

meatisfordummies
meatisfordummies

Amazing!

5 Posted on 10 / 26 / 2010

Try this place. Lunch menu is excellent. You make a choice of 2, 3, or 4 different items for a good price. So it makes a great sampler.

Pros: Aaffordable, friendly, delicious
VeganPike
VeganPike

Finally! Filipino food I can eat!

4 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2010

For years I have listened enviously as my omnivorous friends have waxed poetic about the deliciousness of Filipino food, and have always been so jealous since pretty much everything is made of meat. But not anymore! No worries is a sweet, cute, awesome new place to eat founded by a long-time vegan who wanted to share his family's recipes with other veggie folks.

My sweetie and I went a few days ago and it was really good! I got the Afritada (fake chicken and veggies in a really yummy, creamy, tomato-based sauce) and we shared an order of lumpia; my date got the Tinola and that was kind of boring, sort of just a clear broth with chopped veggies and fake chicken.

The staff was really sweet and the whole family was hanging out in the front to greet and say goodbye to us, even grandma. So great!

If it's your first time, I highly recommend going for lunch cause they have a special where you pick up to 3 things plus rice so you get to try a variety- and it's super cheap ($5-8).

Enjoy!

Pros: Only vegan Filipino food there is, Great lunch specials, Excellent service
Cons: Not everything is that exciting, no hot beverages

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: No Worries: