Vegan bakery and desserts shop, opened May 2011. Offers an assortment of 100% vegan sweets in a glass display case which includes a range of cakes, cupcakes, apple and berry turnovers, and vegan cheesecakes. Also serves organic coffee. Will take custom cake orders. Directions: enter from Ventura Blvd into parking lot, in the same plaza as The Vegan Joint restaurant. more-less
20839 Ventura Blvd (De Soto Ave)
Woodland Hills, California 91364

Tigra220
Tigra220

Excellent Vegan Sweets; Appalling Customer Service

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2015

The owner is extremely rude for no reason. There is absolutely NO excuse for her vile behavior towards customers. She snapped at me for taking pictures of the desserts and the bakery. After experiencing such bad customer service, I was secretly hoping the desserts were bad, but I cannot deny...The desserts are pretty awesome. The case housed a variety of Snowballs, cupcakes, fudge brownies, lemon bars, pecan bars, small cakes, Vinkies (vegan Twinkies), and plain cheesecakes.

LEMON BARS - Excellent sour, lemony taste. Topped with ample sweet powdered sugar, this was the perfect sweet & sour treat.

FUDGE BROWNIE - Rich and creamy chocolate flavor.

SMALL CAKE - I got vanilla cake with vanilla icing. $4. As the name suggests, it's a small cake. I didn't eat the cake until about 4 days later and it was still very moist and delicious, to my surprise.

VANILLA STRAWBERRY CUPCAKE - a vanilla cupcake with strawberry inside. Sweet and yummy cake and icing.

VINKIE - I had a chocolate Vinkie (vegan Twinkie). It was a little dry when I ate it a few days after purchase, but it was decent.

I especially love the concept of selling small squares of the Lemon and Fudge Brownie bars. They were only $1.50 each and a perfect bite-sized treat. Great for both portion control and foodies who are wanting to try lots of different items without wasting food. Same for the small cakes - the perfect single-portion size.

In essence, this place has 5-star vegan desserts, but 1-star customer service.
Despite how excellent the desserts are, I do not plan to return and have to deal with the owner's dreadful disposition.

Pros: yummy vegan desserts
Cons: Horrible customer service; rude owner
_zakieh
_zakieh

Good cupcakes, bad customer service.

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2015

I can find better desserts at tons of other places in LA with friendlier people.

MicheletheTrainer
MicheletheTrainer

GO HERE!

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2014

Everything here is beautiful and amazing.
Almond Biscottis!!! 3 types of mexican wedding cookie type cookies (lemon, pecan and chocolate cinnamon), cupcakes, carrot cake, muffins, chocolate, pecan bars, pecan chocolate chip bars, 3 flavors of turnovers. You can leave here with a lovely box of compassionate cruelty free deliciousness. You can order cakes in advance. Call or stop by, really it will change your life. Also think of all the nice vegan gifts you can give to others!

Pros: vegan bakery!

Traveling gal
Traveling gal

Holy Cow- Yummy

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

I must have put on pounds during my latest visit to Sherman Oaks to visit my sister because of this place. It has such incredibly yummy goodies to eat. I'm embarrassed to admit what I ate there on several occasions (though I did eat them over several days). I had all the coconut things, an apple turnover, cookies, lemon bars, and a few other things. everything delicious.

They will remain on my list for next visit. Can't wait.

Pros: Delicious pastries
JackieP
JackieP

So freaking good!

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

I think I've had everything in the place and it's all amazing. The hours are pretty limited, though, so you might have to go out of your way to enjoy the greatness. It's in a strip mall, so you can't see it from the road, but there is plenty of parking and is right across the parking lot from The Vegan Joint.

Pros: Delicious & cute, Lots of parking, Can cater large events
Cons: Limited hours, Can't see from road
material girl
material girl

This place is more than excellent

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

I love this place its the bomb. Figuare of speech. Its amazing what Patricia can do a cake with a week notice. She got the cake on time all vegan she makes. No none vegan cakes or utensiles whats so ever. She can really make anything I want. She got the cake to me on time. It was perfect. And the birthday turned out really good and so did the coffee. Thank you Paticia for everything.

Pros: more than excellent
Cons: none
xia
xia

Best Vegan "Cheeze cake" Ever Plus Lots More

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

I come here regularly for the "cheeze cake", which I'm told is a 3 day process to make. I've bought and given slices to non-vegan friends who like it better than real cheese cake. They also have a wide selection of delicious bite size desserts, cupcakes, "Vinkies", cookies & cakes.

Great place, really sweet owner!

Pros: Best Vegan "Cheeze" cake ever!, lots of bite size items, Who else has "Vinkies"
Ryan MTB
Ryan MTB

Delicious:-)

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2012

I've tried the chocolate- peanut butter cheesecake and the regular cheesecake and both were delicious! Nice little store.

Pros: Delicious, All Vegan, Friendly
Cons: A little pricey
Chia
Chia

Good vegan desserts

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my No Udder Desserts review.

I've actually eaten No Udder Desserts at The Vegan Joint in LA/Palm area, long before this retail location opened. But it was an awesome experience for me to discover the retail location, a vegan bakery and dessert shop that's completely 100% vegan.

The first time we came here, my friend and I had went to try the new Woodland Hills Vegan Joint restaurant that's located in the same shopping plaza, and we were so thrilled to find No Udder Desserts here.

Came back again in February 2012.

It's a little shop with a couple tables for seating. The interior is a little dim when you first walk in, but once you're inside, you cannot help but SMILE. There is a glass case with a beautiful display of colorful vegan cakes and sweets. We were so excited that we ordered at least 7 different desserts to try! I also got an organic coffee to go. Everything was delicious... except for the coffee which was watered down and bland.

Definitely come for the vegan treats.

Pros: good vegan cakes, nice variety, all vegan!
Cons: weak coffee, small-ish portions
Lily925
Lily925

all vegan

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2012

Tasty treats but not alot of choice. Looks like they mainly bake for restaurants and markets. We had the pound cake with pecan crumble. Very moist and yummy. They do catering for weddings etc. which is wonderful to find.

Pros: very yummy, not too pricey, moist and fresh
Cons: not too much choice
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Heavenly

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2011

I finally got a chance to stop by No Udder Desserts and I'm so glad I did! They have a lovely display of bite size cakes and cupcakes as well as a few other treats (including a twinkie!). I couldn't decide what to get, so I got one of nearly everything! They were all so good. Heavenly! I can't wait to order a whole cake from them. Nice friendly service too. I'm looking forward to my next visit already. Yum!

Pros: all vegan bakery, heavenly desserts, nice staff

Dear Owner and Manager of No Udder Desserts: