Serves meat, veg options available. Small pizza shop offering Daiya cheese, vegetarian and vegan baked to-order sandwiches with vegan chicken products. Located in Queensgate Shopping Center. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Pizza, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by bfeh
soy_decaf_latte
soy_decaf_latte

Great Sandwiches and Pizza

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

My daughter and I ate here twice while in York for a volleyball tournament. The dining is very casual, and appears to cater to the college students from nearby York College, so the the prices are very reasonable, too.

On our first visit we had vegan Baked to Order (BTO) breaded chik'n sandwiches. The sandwich is assembled in bread dough and then baked. Delicious! I told a fried about this who went later and confirmed this is one of the best sandwiches ever.

My daughter and I went back for a veggie pizza made with daiya cheese. Basic, but very good, also. Sadly, there is a surcharge for the vegan cheese.

There is also a vegan quesadilla on the menu, as well as boli and calzone that I think they can make vegan (looks like everything is made from scratch), which we'll try next time we are in town.

Service is basic: they take your order, you find a seat, they bring your order, they clear the table.

All in all, a great place for high schoolers, college students, and the (optional) 'rents.

Pros: Fresh baked, Vegan cheese, Reasonable prices
Cons: Possible cross contamination (non-vegan)
JDip2014
JDip2014

Delicious sandwiches!

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2014

My mom and I ate here twice when I was on a recent visit to her house. Not surprisingly, there aren't a lot of vegan options in York so Nittany Pizza was a pleasant surprise. I had the "freshman" sandwich both times and I highly recommend it. The fries and onion rings are also really good. Like really good! My mom isn't vegan but she had the "freshman" on her second visit and enjoyed it very much. She says the non-vegan pizza is delicious (for what it's worth). The owner is really nice and cool. Support this local business - - you won't be disappointed!

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Many options
Cons: Not healthy (but in a good way)
tcasalena
tcasalena

great spot!

3 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2014

This place is really good. We had a vegan calzone with daiya and tofurkey pepperoni and it was made to order, hot and very good! We also tried the BBQ chick'n vegan sandwich which was amazing because they used pizza crust for the bread, very smart! moderately priced, friendly, clean

Pros: food
Cons: location

SSara
SSara

Yummy

3 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2013

The pizza and subs are delicious. I hope one day daiya will not be considered an upcharge.

vgnhrt
vgnhrt

Yay for Daiya!

4 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2012

We enjoyed a pretty tasty pizza and "chicken" sandwich here. I wish more pizzeria's offered Daiya as a subsitute, and finding one that offers faux meat was an extra treat! I'm thankful the owners of this place took us vegheads into account when planning their menu :-)

bfeh
bfeh

Options prominent, owner very helpful

4 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2012

When Nittany Pizza opened, the owner made sure to include vegan options. There are five choices of sandwiches, all including Daiya cheese and Gardein chick'n. There also are five vegetarian options, for those who want the Gardein but the regular cheese.
The pizza can have the cheese subbed for Daiya and it is AMAZING! They also can do a vegan quesedilla.
The prices are reasonable and while the food isn't the healthiest, it is a great option for York, especially right near the movie theater. It does take awhile to get the food, but they bake the bread and make everything by hand so it is fresh. Just call in and order it before you pick it up.

The owner is understanding, knowledgeable about vegetarian/vegan lifestyles and teaches his workers to use separate utensils when cooking (they are labeled differently so no confusion.) He will come out to speak to you, and is always looking for suggestions on how to make the vegan choices better and more.

Did I mention if you are 21 or older, there is beer to buy? You can buy it by the bottle, too. Vegan pizza and beer, yay!

Pros: inexpensive, friendly owner, quick, vegan options
Cons: wait time can be long, workers need to be careful using utensil

Dear Owner and Manager of Nittany Pizza: