CLOSED: Nite Moon Cafe at G...

Vegetarian cafe located inside The Golden Bridge Yoga Center which offers yoga classes and various workshops as well as retail space. The cafe serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner featuring juices and drinks, self-serve salad and soup bar, sandwiches, veggie burger, baked goods and packaged snacks. Has vegan sweets. Casual, communal table seating. Previously on De Longpre Ave, this is their new location since summer 2011. OCT 1, 2014 This branch of Golden Bridge shut down. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Indian, Organic, Salad bar, Take-out
1357 N Highland Ave (De Longpre)
Hollywood, California 90028
323-936-4172

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by misspurpleann
sglcklch
sglcklch

Bland food and egregiously overpriced

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

The prices they charge at this place are downright absurd. We ordered a soup and salad combo and a buddha bowl. The red pepper-tahini soup was just okay; the salad was simply mixed greens sprinkled with some pumpkin seeds. This cost $10. As if this wasn't enough of a joke already, the buddha bowl was priced even higher at $10.85 for less food—brown rice, steamed greens, and dal, all in a tall but somewhat narrow bowl. Oh wait, you'll also get a piece of flatbread, which I skipped upon knowing that it was just a white lavash bread that came in a bag. Meanwhile, the mint chutney in the menu description was nowhere to be found. The whole bowl was extremely bland and only good for people without taste buds. I can't believe they had the gall to ask almost $11 for this garbage. Well, maybe we ordered the wrong stuff, but judging by what we had, I double the other items would be much better. That said, the baked goods didn't look too bad but were also on the spendy side. Avoid this place or go at your own risk!

Cons: food, price
Chia
Chia

I Heart Nite Moon Cafe

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Nite Moon Cafe review.

The space is a combination of cafe, shop space, and yoga studio. The cafe part has a long communal table. The food is partly self-service salad/soup/hot foods bar in addition to a desserts and baked goods case, and a la carte sandwich and beverages menu. Simple and tasty food. Everything vegan except for goat cheese that's offered.

The retail/shop space is beautifully laid out with a wide range of health books, yoga supplies, clothing, etc... There's also an herbs and tonic bar towards the inside. And the yoga studio is in the very back of the building.

The vibe at Golden Bridge felt very causal, fun, colorful, and peaceful all at once. I loved being here and look forward to returning next time I'm in the area.

Pros: good food options, yummy vegan baked treats, beautiful space
lnmagnee
lnmagnee

Quiet to Chaotic

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2012

I only ordered a smoothie. The cashier was confused and made me the wrong smoothie, but it was close to what I had ordered, so it wasn't a big deal. My friend and I sat outside. We were the only ones there until yoga class let out and it became crowded and noisy. There is a paid parking lot behind the cafe.

Pros: outdoor seating
Cons: crowded, noisy, paid parking

Fritz
Fritz

Unpleasant Atmosphere; Food Was Good

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2011

The food here was good at lunch today. My partner ordered the Reuben sandwich and I had the Thali of the day. My partner liked the Reuben, but didn't touch the salad because no utensils came with it. I told him that utensils were located close to the cash register, but he felt they should have been brought out with our order. I thought the Thali was satisfying and tasty (it included Saag with tofu, brown rice, salad, and spit pea Daal). I was glad that it came out soon, though, because I had mistakenly taken what turned out to be a Thali DISPLAY plate, thinking it was the Thali I had ordered, and the food on it was cold. (The cashier was right there when I took the display plate but didn't say anything. He did say they would call out our order when it was ready, but I thought he meant my partner's sandwich. Wish he had said something when I mistakenly took the Thali display plate, as the food on it was cold, plus I naturally would not have taken it had I realized it was just sitting there as a display. (I saw no sign or anything designating it as such. I thought another employee had probably set it there for me while I was paying.) Fortunately, when our food arrived to the table, the employee who brought it let me have the HEATED Thali and took away the rest of the cold display plate.

The atmosphere in the tiny cafe left a LOT to be desired. Some sort of construction work appeared to be underway on the patio, thus there was no place to sit out there (a long communal table had been set to the side of the patio). Inside, the very small eating area was very crowded with people who, I suspect, had been there for a yoga class or something like that. We were very fortunate to get one of two tables next to the window. There was a rather small communal table but it was full. It was also VERY noisy inside, with loud conversations and laughter coming from the communal table, as well as noise and conversations from the kitchen area. One customer kept standing up, sitting down, and walking around, right behind my partner's chair. I did appreciate the fact that we were next to the window, so I could at least look through it, despite the construction work that was going on outside....

It is a shame that the atmosphere at Nite Moon Cafe was so lacking, because the food, as I said, was quite good (once I got the HEATED Thali that I ordered). Because of the noisy, crowded atmosphere, we won't be returning.

Pros: satisfying, tasty food
Cons: very noisy, very small inside dining area, needs better organization
misspurpleann
misspurpleann

Yummy goat's cheese sandwich

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2010

GBY has a very relaxing atmosphere the sunday I came there for a lunch. I had a delicious hot goat's cheese sandwich. It was so big I couldn't finish it all in one go & took the 2nd half for take away. I would have loved taking a yoga class, but that didn't work out timewise. Recommended!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Nite Moon Cafe at Golden Bridge Yoga: