Veggie restaurant with another location in Dubrovnik; this one opened in Jan 2014. Most of the dishes are vegan and labelled as such. An interesting take on traditional and ethnic dishes, gluten free and raw options, selection of drinks. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, International, Croatian, Beer/Wine, Take-out

Ryecatcher
Ryecatcher

So great, seriously!

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2014

First of all the interior is remarkably tasteful and welcoming, clean and brightly colored.
A large salad bar provides numerous choices to be taken on the plate and weighted out.
I had pasta with mushrooms: delicious! The freshly squeezed lemonade was decanted and given to me in a stylish bottle.
As dessert I had the tiramisu which was a special creation: Handed in a somewhat smaller ice cream cup with crispy chocolate flakes elements in it; and the cream had a slightly bitter flavour which tasted really good. I think, I have seen small grated orange peelings in it.
The staff was really nice and accommodating.
Definitely go there, it's a revelation!

Pros: great value for money, superb location, huge salad bar
Woogleboo
Woogleboo

Just perfect.

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

The tastiest meal I have perhaps ever had. We only had one day in Zagreb and we ate here only once and that makes me sad.
Everything was perfect, drinks, starters, main dish, desserts and teas.
If you are in Zagreb, do not skip this place

rhelune
rhelune

Delicious! Try the vegan dessert Mare

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

I ate there 3 times, twice during the winter months, and yesterday. Their menu is different in the summer months, somewhat lighter and taking advantage of fresh produce. Some main courses are the same though.

I really liked the new vegan dessert Mare - warm peach and hazelnut tart with dark chocolate ice cream. I've also had ćevapovrćići (ćevapčići made of lentils and barley) in a pita bread with rocket salad and 2 dips, all of which were delicious. During the winter months I ate their chickburger (chickpea and quinoa burger) and some Mexican dish with tempeh. I also tried their pasta with peanut butter and their falafel. I liked everything.

Just make sure to double check if the desserts are really vegan. Their Chocolate passion raw cake, available during winter months, had "honey" stated as an ingredients, but the menu said it was "vegan". I asked waiters to check twice with the kitchen and it turned out it was agave nectar, not the animal ingredient honey.

They serve teas from nearby Harissa spice and tea store. The staff is very friendly. The food is pricey by Croatian standards, but the tastiness makes up for it.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, location
Cons: pricey, closed on Sundays

Southsea
Southsea

Great creative tasty food for anyone!

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

...and glory for a vegetarian! I consider myself a tolerant vegetarian; strict to the letter for almost 20 years, but I often eat with omnivores. Finding restaurants that are equally satisfying and inspiring to both of us is often a challenge. Nishta was recommended in Rick Steve's Eastern Europe guide, and we were delighted to find it, and even more so as each course was presented by the genuinely warm staff. The creativity and concern for both health benefits and flavor were exemplary. Nothing tastes like anything you've had before, and everything is fabulously delicious. Even familiar ingredients are re-cast in surprising and delightful ways. The dessert, for example, was simple fresh figs with mascarpone and cinnamon, and my dining partner considered it the most delicious thing he had ever eaten in his life! Prices were very reasonable and they gave us a lucky Bob Bean in a box as a souvenir. Highly highly recommend finding them in this location or their original spot in Dubrovnik.

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Friendly
Ven
Ven

Great for Vegans! Delicious Food!

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant and absolutely loved it! For a starter, main, dessert, and lemonade each we paid the 30 euros total, (230 kuna), which is very reasonable for what we received. The restaurant has very tasty healthy options with limited grease and processed ingredients. We could see how everything was prepared fresh and to order in the kitchen. As vegans, we had no problem finding lots of great options! We can recommend, the sunshine soup, non-deep fried spring rolls, Mexican platter, homemade lemonade, and Mare apricot dessert…so yes, everything we had was amazing! The atmosphere is casual & cozy, the servers speak English, menu is available in English, and you can pay by card.

Pros: Variety of Food, Healthy Options, Atmopshere
Cons: Nadda
jon active
jon active

Izvrstan! or as we say excellent!

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2014

So Zagreb moves into a new (and once rare) category of major cities that are good for vegans! Given that Zagreb isn't a really big place and is in the Balkans it is impressive that it has three good vegan (or vegan friendly) restaurants. Nishta is the newest and maybe I should urge you to visit here in case it doesn't survive long, but given how good the food is I think they will persevere or more likely flourish! We shared or meals and so I can reliably inform you that of the three al la carte soups the Buča, buča or Buttersquash soup served with vegan cream and toasted pumpkin seeds was by far the best! Nishta is not cheap by Croatian punk rock standards but by Northern European standards its very fair (so the soup was 22kn which is about £2.50 or 3 euros). Check the menu out, there are plenty of different dishes not to be found elsewhere that will tempt you and nothing I tried was a dissapointment. The Zeleni se zeleni dish was super healthy tasting and although the cheese sauce serving was a little ungenerous in proportion they obligingly gave me some more on request!
They offer a buffet service that is by weight, 100grams for about £1.20 1.5e and I'll try that next time. The deserts were good but not as interesting as the savoury courses. Vegehop down the road does better in this department!
As with other Zagreb vegan establishments it is important to arrive well before the closing time as the kitchen stops well before the doors close :( and they are closed on Sunday which is really sad for vegan tourists like myself. Nishta is a really good addition to the European vegan food scene and I shall return there with enthusiasm :)

Pros: Excellent healthy food, Interesting different menu options, Fair price not too busy!
Cons: Closed Sunday, Kitchen / Buffet closes before 11pm

Dear Owner and Manager of Nishta: