Veggie restaurant offering vegetarian and vegan cuisine. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, International, Croatian, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by hume-walls
aletiv
aletiv

Excellent international vegetarian restaurant

5 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2014

We had lunch in Nishta, ordered two main courses: Indian Curry and a Local Croatian dish- Boletus Papardelle . It came with 2 fresh Tortillas and different sauces.
Was absolutely delicious, so we also ordered an Asian style Pastaliscious as take away.
The staff at the Restaurant were kind enough to keep the TakeAway for us in the Restaurant for a couple of hours to complete our tour of the Dubrovnik Wall.
Prices are moderate, restroom is clean.Staff were friendly.
The only thing that could be improved is service time.
But it was worth the waiting. Came out fresh and Yummy.
Highly recommended

Pros: varied , international, fresh, only vegetarian Restaurant in Dubrovnik
Cons: service is slow
cc14cows
cc14cows

Some Dishes Are Better Than Others

3 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

As the only vegetarian place in town, we had to try it out. We came here twice for lunch and the experience was variable. It's a small place and you may have to wait for a table. Staff are also variable, with some more attentive than others. At least one waitress had a cigarette break during her shift, a couple of steps from the outside tables where smoking wasn't allowed. The food ranged from very good to extremely salty -- don't have the kokofino unless you have a severe craving for salt.

Pros: Inventive, Some Dishes Are Excellent
Cons: Some Dishes Are Way Too Salty, Staff Sometime Inattentive
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great find!

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2014

This place is a gem. You'll need it during your trip.

Some of the dishes (such as pho and the rice plate) were too salty, but many of them were quite good. Limited vegan dessert options, though.

Make a reservation, if you plan to go any time after 7pm on Thurs/Fri/Sat.

plant-nation
plant-nation

Great find in Dubrovnik

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

Delicious food, friendly service, nice spot to sit outside and enjoy Dubrovnik. Highly recommend!

PaulaFenwick
PaulaFenwick

Great place

5 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2014

Thanks to Happy Cow found this restaurant when I visited Dubrovnik on my recent annual vacation. Am so glad to have found as it meant I had a great choice of food to eat whilst away...not always possible when I go abroad. My friend also loved the place as she wasn't vegan/vegetarian but so kindly agreed to eat there as well for my sake. The choices for vegan were good as well as the local wine and beers. It is very busy and best to try and reserve table however we were dead lucky and managed to get table the three times we visited. Lovely staff and such a refreshing experience for me as normally get no choices when abroad.

Pros: All good for me.
hascarrots
hascarrots

Don't Miss This Exceptional Nishta

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2014

This is an outstanding vege-only restaurant. Delicious, creative and reasonably priced. It is small, popular, and located in a choice area of the old city, so reservations would not hurt. I would rate it as one of the top 50 vege-only restaurants in the world. The daily selection of entrees was fewer than a dozen, but changed often. Some vegan choices. Do not miss their fantastic "Smokve i Prošek" dessert with figs, wine and marscapone.

Pros: excellent, creative food, small and funky atmosphere
ManuelLynch
ManuelLynch

Great vegan lunch

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

It truly was great to have a creative vegan menu and great tasting food. Location in beautiful Dubrovnik is outstanding and staff speaks English very well. As vegan foodies we rate this as a top notch place to have a great lunch. The restaurant was rather busy with people from all over the world.

Pros: Vegan mayo was very creative, Spicy soup was great
veggieriga
veggieriga

Excellent

5 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2013

I ate here four times when I was in Dubrovnik, and I would have eaten here more if they hadn't been closed on Sunday. I had the veganized version of the Indian plate twice, the nut gnocchi and the falafel dish. All excellent.

I didn't have room to try any of the desserts, but it would be great, if they would make soy ice cream, because I didn't see soy ice cream for sale in the supermarket in Dubrovnik or anywhere in Croatia. It would also be great if they would make vegan shredded cheese for the nachos starter.

Pros: delicious veganized Indian food
Cons: somewhat expensive, closed on Sunday
LightVehicle
LightVehicle

Tasty and Healthy

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2013

The fruit juice is lovely, they have a salad bar with loads of raw and cooked options. The main courses have a lot of variety, with raw, vegan and gluten free options, sometimes within the same course. Plus the decor is really tasteful. Orange to help digestion and purple to avert nausea, all very useful as Dubrovnik can get very hot and sometimes quite overwhelming.

I had the 'Simplicity' which is courgette spaghetti with a variety of sauces and nuts, while my husband had the Indiastic, a curry with 3 types of dish, a naan and some chutney. Combined with a large salad bowl we were stuffed. All lovely of course.

We also had a lemon spiced rooibos afterwards, which was great as a palate cleanser.

All the prices are in Kuna but all that worked out to be around 260kuna, maybe about £40? Not sure. Still, you'd pay a lot more for a lot less in the UK.

The only thing I would say is that the directions that google maps gives you from the address on here are wrong, they lead you to a completely different place.

The best way to get there is to go through the Pile gate, down the stairs and onto the Placa Ul. Then take the first left proper up Celestina Medovica, go first right and the restaurant is on your right about 2 blocks later. Small purple lantern hanging outside.

Pros: Tasty and healthy, Great variety, Lovely decor
Cons: Hard to find with directions on website
olgucz
olgucz

cute, but nothing spectacular

3 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2013

first of all, do take the note about reservations seriously. it was almost fully booked by noon and we saw tens of people being turned down.
we wanted to spend the last night in Dubrovnik nicely, so we went to Nishta for dinner. The staff was super nice, showed us to the table and there were even some cosy blankets available for that rainy and chilly night.
I really liked the mushroom appetizer with dried cinnamon apples on top, that was a surprise. Lentil patties and burger however were under-cooked, you could taste raw beans and flour in it, so those were disappointing. My Thai noodles were too greasy, but I guess that's just a matter of taste.
Another downside is that the reservation time is too short. Combined with the slow service, we felt rushed all the time and had to eat our desserts (which arrived too late) in 5 minutes, because the next couple was waiting already.
I would not recommend this place for a romantic night out. You'll be better off having a pick-nick by the sea.

Pros: only vegan place there, friendly staff
Cons: sloppy food, reservation
rageofdiscipline
rageofdiscipline

Loved it!

5 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

On holiday in Dubrovnik I found it very hard to find anywhere that catered for vegans!
This place was great. I had the Sunrise soup and tried both the Boletus Papardelle and the Veggie Burger.
Everything I tried was of excellent quality and the staff were extremely friendly.
Would recommend to all my veggie and vegan friends.
However,it is a small restaurant so would encourage you to book if you want to eat in the evening as they are very popular!

Pros: good value, great food, friendly staff
Cons: Not enough seating
beegantravels
beegantravels

Very Happy This Restaurant Exists!

4 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

As a vegan staying in a hotel in Dubrovnik, I ate almost every meal at this restaurant during my ten day stay and I liked almost everything I ate. Plus, the look and feel of the restaurant was lovely! Although I never felt like the staff was happy to see me, they were friendly enough.

Pros: vegan options, adorable decor
Cons: a bit expensive for me
surfergirl
surfergirl
  • herbivore

Clean and pretty green

5 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

Nishta is a shining light in Dubrovnik~pure vegetarian ecletic food.The only place to eat in this town!

Pros: Clean, Good variety, Quality product
kadoka55
kadoka55

My favourite vegan restaurant

5 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

We had to wait till tomorrow to get a table in August, but it was worthy. The food was excellent, restaurant in a small street in the center of old town Dubrovnik very nice and cozy. Salad bar to wish for, and ginger lemonade a delight.

Pros: nice vibe, excellent food

Excellent

5 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

Very good restaurant with inovative menu.You can choose vegan, vege and no gluten options. Big portions, and great salad bar!

Pros: nice vibe, plenty of food
Azang
Azang

make a reservation or wait....

3 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2013

Very popular with anyone who is vegan/ vegetarian so make a reservation or be forced to wait. Food is just fine but not amazing. It's one of the only vegetarian/ vegan shows in town so I was glad to find it. Servers were very sweet. It's in an alleyway away from the main square so not easy to find

Pros: it's a good find, menu has vegan and vegetarian options, service with a smile
Cons: food was just fair, location was not scenic, long wait if you don't have a reservation or get t
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Good place

4 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2012

I had a glass of nice white wine and "grah," a traditional stew of beans, carrots, onion, a bit of grain (barley and wild rice but not much), smoked-seitan chunks, topped with two slices of toasted polenta. Very, very good and tasty. There's also a salad bar.

Pros: good food, wines and juices
Cons: sometimes inattentive service
heyheyrenee
heyheyrenee

Don't Miss This One!

5 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2012

This food is so amazing. The vegan soups are so delicious. We had the Sunshine Soup and the Mint Peace. The salad bar is awesome. I ate here both days I was in Dubrovnik. The lentil cakes appetizer was also very good. I don't think you will be disappointed with anything on the menu. The staff was also very friendly and helpful.

Pros: Delicious, Helpful Staff, Takes Reservations
Cons: Small restaurant , Smoking Outside
BlisterBlue
BlisterBlue

Simply excellent!!

5 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2012

We've eaten in that restaurant 4 times since we are in Dubrovnik, that is since...4 days!
The restaurant is pretty easy to find in one of the main "restaurant" streets in the old city.
The waitresses are really nice and always asking if everything is fine during the meal.
We tasted a few starters (lentils cake tastes like even) and most of the main dishes and everything was delicious, a mix of different cuisines with spices touches everywhere. I would highly recommend the "grah" wish is a typical Croatian ragout; you won't eat that vege/vegan version anywhere else!
There are vegan options to most of the dishes and even some desserts available!
The restaurant is quite small but you can book a table without any problem. One evening we came around 8.50pm and could book a table for 9.15pm.
Personal note: I loved the toilets decoration :-)

Pros: vegan options, location, variety
Cons: small place
HappyMiller
HappyMiller

Stunning food!

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2012

We ate at Nishta twice and both times the food was amazing. The Grah was very hearty and slightly hot for a lunch meal but absolutely delicious! The Falafel itself was yummy but the rest of the dish was a bit plain. For dinner we both had the Indianastic which like a thali; our favourite bit was a the palak paneer (vegan option) which was incredible, we found ourselves picking through it to work out how it was made so that we could remake it back home! Obviously overall the dish was a bit spicy and possibly a bit intense for some people for lunch on a hot summer day.

Service was excellent, very friendly staff - superior to what we saw elsewhere during our week in Croatia.

Location was very easy to find; it is one street North of and runs parallel to the main road into Old Town from the Western entrance (Placa Ulica). Start from that end and it is just a few restaurants along (East).

Note for evening meals if you want to eat outside (no air-conditioning inside, just fans) you will likely require a reservation as there are not many tables. We saw many people turned away, or asked to come back at ~9:30pm

Pros: Range, Service, Price
Cons: Not many tables in evening, No A/C!
RabbiJesse
RabbiJesse

Great place!

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

This is really the only truly veg option when in Dubrovnik. Fantastic location in the old town (actually steps from where we were staying - how lucky!), great food, and nice staff. Loved it so much we went back THREE times within three days. Prices were comparable with other Dubrovnik restaurants. Lots of variety in the menu. We tried many different dishes and loved everything.

naniinan
naniinan

Yummy

4 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

After 3 weeks pizza&pasta was it such a pleasure to eat in that nice restaurant. The menu carte offers various food for everyone. The atmosphere is very cozy and the service was kind and attentive. The food is delicious and inexpensive for what they offer (and for that it is located in the old town).

lwe2405
lwe2405

the best (and only) veggie place in Dubrovnik

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2012

nestled cosily just off the main drag in Dubrovnik old town, this place served us up some of the best veggie food we've ever had. seriously good. the highlight has got to be the softened fig with cinnamon mascarpone for desert. full of flavour and far too moorish. the chocolate fondant was great too, with plenty of fruit to dip in, just about blunting its guilty edge.

also, you could really tell it meant a lot to the owners that we enjoyed their food. food coked with passion and love i would say. they gave us a stone with 'hvala' (thanks) written on and a smiley face- nice touch.

if in Dubrovnik, GO HERE!!

Pros: outrageously good desserts, cosy location, caring staff
estefinparis
estefinparis

Underwhelming

3 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2011

Nishta is a very cosy spot in the Old Town of Dubrovnik. It is great to have a place serving veg options in a city dominated by meat and fish, but the food itself was a bit disappointing. We found all the dishes we tried tasted basically the same due to a spice overload. We pointed this out and although the initial reaction was a bit agressive, it was compensated by free dessert. I would still give it another try if I'm in Dubrovnik.

Jaclyn0519
Jaclyn0519

Tasty And Vegan Options

4 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2011

We loved finding this cozy veggie spot in Croatia. The food was all very fresh tasting and loaded with vegetables. Lentil cakes and homemade pasta were both good. Only thing is that the dessert wasn't so good. They only had this applesauce thing that left something to be desired. But we would certainly go back. Nice staff

Pros: Vegan, Options, Vegetables
Cons: Dessert lacking
booklover84
booklover84

Lovely veggie restaurant in the Old Town

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

We arrived in Dubrovnik after having travelled the entire coast of Croatia and parts of Bosnia & Hercegovina. Because Dubrovnik is by far the most touristy (and expensive) place we visited I wrongly assumed the city would have a lot of vegetarian options. How wrong I was. Nishta is a FANTASTIC exception to this rule, and we ended up eating there 2 out of our 3 nights in the city. Burritos, Thali, Vegetable noodles and Seitan with mushrooms were all delicious, and the salad bar was probably the best I've ever had, with fried aubergine and courgette, tofu with rice, and a selection of seeds making it really different and tasty. The rest of Dubrovnik needs to wake up and realise that 'vegetable platter' (basically just a plate of vegetables) is NOT a valid vegetarian meal. Well done Nishta for daring to be different :)

Pros: Really tasty, Friendly staff, Super popular
katchus
katchus

most delicious ever!

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2011

We spent 4 days in Dubrovnik and managed to go to this restaurant THREE times. It was amazing, one of the best I have been to world-wide. The sweet potato with veg was my favourite dish, but also the mushroom pasta, indiatastic and salad bar. Prices were very reasonable with meals ranging between 7 and 10 euros. The only meal we didn't love was the burrito as it was a bit too cinnamon tasting for our liking, but I would recommend this restaurant 10 times over. The atmosphere is amazing and the bathrooms are decorated with Barbie! :) Staff were very friendly and helpful also. Do yourself a favour and visit. Be sure to make a reservation though as it is quite busy and only has 8 tables!!

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy, Good value

Delicious mushroom pasta

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2011

Lovely cafe, very relaxed and friendly staff. Delicious falafel plate and pasta made from mushrooms - all extrememly fresh and full of flavour. Great location, up one of the first side streets inside the walls of the old town.

crazyg
crazyg

lovely treat in old city

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2011

it was great to visit nishta-we tried on a sunday but it was closed so we had to wait a couple of days-took a veggie virgin ie my partner-I had a gr8 meal there and he admitted 4 days later it was the best meal he had the whole holiday and believe me when I say that is very high praise indeed-almost impossible to please-lovely venue-lovely people-great food

Pros: good value, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
Cons: restuarant too small
Jayjazz
Jayjazz

Haven in a meat filled city

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2011

I visited here mid May and thought the food was delicious, good range on the menu, I ordered the burrito which could be vegan or vegetarian and expected it to just come without the cheese as the vegan verson but it had a lovely cream cheese and sour cream. My meat eating partner had thali and also really enjoyed it. The organic blackberry wion ewas also delicious. I thought it was overspriced, but it's a city centre what do you expect? The waitress was lovely so they must have replaced the one mentioned in an earlier review

Pros: good choice, great taste, good wine
Cons: expensive
BuddyGro
BuddyGro

Lousy food, save your money

2 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2010

This just wasn't good food. It was overcooked, overspiced and overpriced. We went with an open mind and left still hungry, which was disappointing to say the least. $32 for mushy vegetables and dry flatbread for two, and the waitress spent most of the time reading a magazine (no one else was there at lunchtime, now we know why!). Do yourself a favor and buy fresh produce at a market. Nishta just is not worth it.

Pros: Pretty decor
Cons: Poor food preparation, small portions, Too expensive for what you get, Lousy service
Beckle
Beckle

Okusno

4 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2010

Delicious!

We visited in August 2010 and ate there both nights we were in Dubrovnik. Book before going as it is very popular.

Very Very impressed. Godo range of dishes, particularly for Europe! Food was great quality and good portion sizes.

Thank you Nishta for providing loads of tasty healthy veg foods amongst a world of seafood restaurants!

Pros: Food quality, Location
Cons: Small restaurant, only one vegan dessert
sglcklch
sglcklch

Not that good

3 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2010

Had dinner here last summer during our trip to Croatia. We ordered the veggie sticks with dip for starter, the burritos, and the white wine risotto for entrees. Everything was just so-so, nothing outstanding. That said, portions were generous, place was clean, staff were very friendly, prices were reasonable. We would try something else if we were to return to Dubrovnik again.

maibi
maibi

very good food

5 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2010

when visiting Dubrovnik it was hard to find good vegetarian food.The vegetarian meal was usually always almost the same. Then we found Nishta! Very good food and friendly staff.
The place is very small and quite popular so it is advisable to reserve a table.

Pros: very good food, friendly staff, quiet location
Michelle34
Michelle34

A real veggie gem!

5 Posted on 11 / 23 / 2009

Being a vegan in some parts of Europe is not always easy, but we were lucky to find the gem that is Nishta in the heart of Dubrovnik.
We ate dinner at Nishta for the three nights that we were in Dubrovnik, and each time were given a warm welcome by the wonderful staff.
The food was imaginitive and very tasty, and the prices are very reasonable too.
Nishta is an absolutely great find for all veggies/vegans and I would thoroughly recommend it if you are spending any time in Dubrovnik.
Despite it being November, we were able to sit outside on two of the nights we visited - there are even blankets provided should you get a bit cold!

Pros: Lovely staff, Great food, Great location
Mary-Louise
Mary-Louise

Yummy yummy for my tummy

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2009

Well Nishta definitely left a good taste in my mouth :P
We ate at Nishta on three occasions and it was certainly the most delicious food I ate during my entire trip in Europe. The Middle Eastern and Indian dishes were so fresh and tasty, I was blissfully happy eating there, unlike most of my meals in Europe. We ate there with some meat eaters and they were also impressed. 10 out of 10.

Ian Dey
Ian Dey

Nishta, Dubrovnik

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2009

We ate at Nishta every night we were in Dubrovnik. The food was excellent, the service friendly and the price very reasonable. Although the tables are rather close together, the atmosphere is relaxed and we enjoyed meeting fellow vegetarians for whom this was a haven in Dubrovnik and indeed Croatia.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly service, Reasonable prices
Cons: Limited space
luvs2travel
luvs2travel

An outstanding vegetarian restaurant

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2009

When we vacationed in Dubrovnik, we ate at this restaurant for lunch or dinner several times. The menu was international including Asian, Mexican, Indian, etc. The staff was very friendly, too. We highly recommend Nishta.

Pros: excellent food, creative menu, friendly staff
Cons: can be hard to find
Guest

A Haven for Vegetarians......

5 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

Id probably be repeating what the others have written about this restaurant, but I'm gonna say it anyway. They get full marks for selling a few choices of not only excellent vege food but Indian food in a place where people have a very faint idea of Indian cuisine. Being in an Indian myself, I should say they did an excellent job. The food is authentic, mercifully they dont try to pass off any food as Indian food. All the flavours in the food were well balanced & they knew wot they were doing. The ambience was great & the hosts excellent. We went there a couple of times , cudnt make it the one the last day.... I hope u guys do a great business ... keep rocking!!
Highly recommended not only for vege lovers but even meat eaters who want a change from the standard coastal menu.

Pros: great food, great choice, its pure vegetarian!!
Cons: a bit hard to locate.
Eione
Eione

Don't miss the verse on the bathroom walls!

4 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2008

I visited Nishta in September 2008 based on recommendations from HappyCow. What a pleasant place to get a bite to eat after walking the wall in the morning. It was nice to have the menu in English for those of us not fluent in Croatian. I had the Tempehritos - very large portion but very tasty. I'll echo other reviews and add that not having to eat pasta was a nice change of pace since this part of the world isn't known for veg*n options. My omni parents also enjoyed their meals of Happy Pasta and egg rolls. The pot leaf on the sign over the door was a surprise but I don't know the drug laws in Croatia.
I wish I could upload a photo of the interesting quotes and verse on the bathroom walls. Say Hello to the Duck!

Pros: Very friendy staff, English menu, Easy to find
Cons: Too large portions
Petesternz
Petesternz

Lovely little place

4 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2008

We recently visited Nishta and enjoyed our visit thoroughly. The owner and waiter were delightful, and made great suggestions. For the most part, our food was excellent. We liked the Seitan a lot, and our appetizers were delicious, including the spring rolls and salad wraps (best dish there). We weren't as thrilled with the falafel plate, but it was certainly not bad. The prices were very reasonable.

All things considered, we really enjoyed the visit. It will not get five cows from me simply because I have been to many better places, and I don't think Nishta compares. The food was very good, but not great. Still, in Dubrovnik this is the best place going, and well worth visiting.

Pros: Vegan options marked, good value, super friendly staff
Veganvarg
Veganvarg

One of the best!

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2008

Nishta must be one of the best vegetarian restaurant in the world!
Great food and very friendly and serviceminded staff.
During our stay in Dorbrovnik, me and my friend ate at Nishta 6-7 times, and the fodd were so great every time!

Pros: Great food, Great staff, Cute animals on the table ( :
Cons: Hard to get a table some times
o_ren
o_ren

Very refreshing

5 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2008

when you go to Dubrovnic, you're expected to eat sea food. After eating pasta and potatos for a few days, Nishta was a very refreshing surprize. The menu is not very big, but all the stuff I had was delicious. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere was just FUN.
If you're a vegetarian/vegan - this is your (only) place in dubrovnic!

Pasha
Pasha

My #1 restaurant

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2007

I say this is the best restaurant in the world! The food is so good you don't want the meal to finish. The staff is really friendly and the restaurant cosy with happy animals on the table and non in the food. I'll probably return to Croatia just to go to Nishta again.

Pros: Exellent food, The cows in the air, Cheap

Great restaurant

5 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2007

We spent a few days in Dubrovnik and ate in Nishta three times. The food is excellent and the staff great. Just one point, if you are a very strict vegetarian the cheese is not veggie. We spoke with the owner chef, who told us that it impossible to get veggie cheese in Croatia, but he was happy to make any dish without cheese. We can certainly recommend Nishta.

hume-walls
hume-walls

A breath of fresh air

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2007

My husband and I took a day trip to Dubrovnik last week and were soo happy to find this place. It was not all that difficult to find. When entering the walls, you will go down a long set of stairs. The street runs perpendicular to the stairs and is full of restaurants.

Everything about this restaurant was spectacular. The choices were overwhelming! My husband and I eventually settled on the spring rolls, the falafel platter and the red thai curry. Everything was delicious. I wish we had gone back for dinner! The restaurant is affiliated with the Smoothie Bar around the corner and you can order smoothies with your meal (AND they have soymilk, rice milk and oat milk!). The service was exceptional and the hostess and chef even posed for a picture with us! Do not miss this restaurant if you are in Dubrovnik!

Pros: fantastic food, fresh ingredients, great value
Cons: none!

Welcome choice - Promising Start

5 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2007

Whilst I was on holiday in Dubrovnik last week (12-18th Apr) Nishta opened for business. Myself and my partner visited the restaurant 3 times (2 evening meals & 1 lunchtime visit) and found all 3 to be pleasant experiences.
The food was obviously cooked from excellent ingredients, in a style that suited our UK tastes and the service was exceptional! We particularly enjoyed some of the carefully thought out small things:- the humour in the menu, the different squeaky toys (instead of table numbers), and the the use of colourful little 'pill boxes' to bring the bill to the table.
Oh, and did I say, the service was EXCEPTIONALLY good. The food was fairly priced (good value) and the bill did NOT included any 'extras'. They even provided a small free taster whilst waiting for our orders.
I'd be shocked if you would be disappointed by this restaurant choice.

Pros: Excellent Food, Exceptional Service, Good Value
Cons: Only veggie ingredients, Small capacity

Dear Owner and Manager of Nishta: