Large vegetarian buffet with a variety of vegetable and mock meat dishes. All-you-can-eat. Usually food is gone by 1pm so go early. After 1pm you order from the menu. Directions: Located a few blocks away from the city center, go to the park at the Sethattirat and, when facing the City Market, it's the first street to the left, halfway up. Oct 2013 reported after brief closure. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Buffet, Laoatian, Vietnamese, Thai

First Review by enRoute
sglcklch
sglcklch

Not the best

3 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2012

Came here for lunch at around 11am as suggested in the info but it turned out to be an absolute overkill. Nobody was there but us. Staff seemed like they just started. Trays of food were already out on the table but they looked stale and more like leftovers; only after about half an hour did they begin to put out freshly prepared dishes.

Food was just alright, nothing to write home about. We definitely had had better elsewhere. Selection was pretty much the same as the other buffets in town. Setting was a bit dingy and the atmosphere rather drab. By the look of things, I'm not surprised that some people experienced stomach issues after eating here. My partner and I were both fine though. Location was not as central as we would've liked; the 30-minute walk from town center wasn't really worth it.

Pros: value
Cons: location, stale food
Tofulicious
Tofulicious

Best Buffet in Vientiane

5 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2012

I agree with everything people have said here...including the 'stomach problems', unfortunately; after four weeks in SEA, this was the first 'chilli belly' I've had! Nevertheless, the food is so good, so cheap and has such great variety that I'll be heading back first thing tomorrow morning. Beware though, it really is tempting to eat too much!

Pros: great food, amazing array of dishes, CHEEEEEEEEAP
Cons: only open for lunch

Tim Denny
Tim Denny

impressive lunch buffet

5 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2012

I try to eat at this place 2-3 times a week when I am in Vientiane. Excellent value as it includes many selections in the buffet plus tasty Lao desserts and herbal drinks. There are 6 lunch time veggie buffets in Vientiane and several more evening choices.

Pros: great value, good selection, tasty foods
Cons: sometimes crowded, no evening meals
kool_kitchen
kool_kitchen

one of the better buffets in Vietiane

4 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2010

Very cheap buffet of traditional Laotion cuisine. Lots of fresh herbs, nice uncooked spring rolls loads of sauces, various fake meats and very vegan friendly.

While Nirvana has nice food, unfortunately it is an example of pure veggie resturants in Vietiane. No al a carte that I could glean in a rather functional cafeteria style setting and one style of cuisine.

It would be so nice if there were some pure Veg places here that could be more imaginative, especially if you are here a week and long for more interesting fare.

Pros: cheap, very healthy, tasty
Cons: limited cuisine styles, not great on atmosphere, no al a carte options
Lucy King
Lucy King

Best food in Vientiane!

5 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2010

I have been going to the lunch buffet almost every day since I discovered this place. It has the best value and variety of vegetarian food in Vientiane and the family that run it are really nice people. It's vegan friendly (I happily spotted a 'vegan food pyramid' on the wall- something i never expected to see in SEA).

The dishes change from day to day but usually there will be some of the following: soups, fresh rice paper rolls, laab, tofu and veggie stir fry, mock meats, veggie patties/pakoras, sushi, vietnamese pancakes stuffed with tofu and vegetables (banh xeo), fresh salad, and a whole range of other things I can't remember or can't pronounce.

Get there between 11.30 and 12.30 otherwise the dishes start to disappear. If it's the weekend or you don't make it to the buffet you can order individual dishes instead.

They also sell a variety of vegan cooking ingredients including two minute noodles.

One of my favourite things about Vientiane without a doubt!

enRoute
enRoute

Amazing find, my fave place in Vientiane!

5 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2009

I've been eating here daily and I just can't recommend it enough. The full range of authentic Lao dishes made with tofu and mock meats, along with Viet, Japanese, Burmese, and Thai options depending on the day. run by a super-friendly vegetarian family and often playing Buddhist chants with psychedelic fractals on a screen in the back. great range of chiles and hot sauces, soups, and even veggie laab. just get to Wat Simueng and the restaurant is half a block away.

Pros: insanely delicious, lots of spicy options, cheap
Cons: closes early, tempting to eat too much!

Dear Owner and Manager of Nirvana: