Serves meat, veg options available. Tofu curry dishes, Thai iced tea with coconut milk (upon request), veggie summer rolls with peanut sauce. Ask the kitchen to leave out fish sauce and use separate cookware for vegetarian dishes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Thai, Take-out, Non-veg
15-2955 Pahoa Rd (/on Big Island)
Pahoa, Hawaii 96778
808-965-7611

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by keepongrowing
robguz
robguz

My favorite Thai place anywhere

4 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2012

Ning's has many vegan options. Just tell them you want it all vegan. They actually have vegan fish and oyster sauce--they showed me the bottles for them. I used to live in the SF Bay Area which has many great Thai places. Ning's is my favorite over any of them. Favorites are the Pad Thai, Mee Ka Ti, and Evil Jungle Prince. There are so many options on the menu, and they have dishes I have never seen at other Thai places. The coconut soup is also amazing. Everyone I have ever taken there remarks on how good it is. Also, it is BYOB and they will be happy to bring you a beer mug or wine glasses and openers.

Pros: nearly every dish excellent, Inexpensive for Hawaii, Mee Ka Ti
Cons: Service can be spotty
spiceislandvegan
spiceislandvegan

Delicious Thai food in a small town

4 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2009

Pahoa is a vegan friendly town. This restaurant claims that they can make the dishes to be vegan. I did asked for no fish sauce. We ordered the fresh summer rolls (not fried), Vietnamese style, with peanut sauce and they were fresh and good. We ordered eggplant and tofu dish, brown rice, and massaman curry with tofu. They were delicious. I asked for a chili sauce on the side and boy that adds the heat to our dished. All in all it was a great restaurant in a small town and it can be crowded for dinner.

Pros: Large vegan selection, Serves tofu
Cons: Can be crowded at night, Service is a bit slow cause of crowd
keepongrowing
keepongrowing

Yum!

4 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2007

Though the town itself is a little unique, and not as touristy as other places in Hawaii, this restaurant was great and had many many vegetarian choices and REALLY tasty flavors in the dishes. The food was worth it.

Pros: TASTY & flavorful, great veg choices
Cons: poor parking, slow service

Dear Owner and Manager of Ning Thai Cuisine: