Nikki's Fresh Gourmet

Serves meat, veg options available. Has some veggie sushi, sandwiches and appetizers. Price: Inexpensive more-less
American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by jcjamiso
dbRN
dbRN

Just meh

3 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2012

Tried this place today or lunch with an omni friend. We split veg Gyoza (weird texture) & tempura scallion/carrot roll (great but apparently fried in meat firer!). I got the fried tempeh gyro in a grilled pita with tahini instead of tsatsiki & fries. The tempura had a great texture but no flavor & the sandwich desperately needed some onion. Our waitress knew nothing about vegan vs. vegetarian items & when questioned about the green bean fries she said the kitchen wasn't sure & "they just threw the box into the dumpster." what? Ew. BBQ sauce has honey. Up-charged me for the tahini & a DOLLAR for a single slice of tempura tomato (I half-okingly said I'd like to try it). There are better places in Wilmington who actually understand their own menus!!

Pros: Cheap, Diverse menu
Cons: Slow service, Most items not vegan, Unknowledgeable staff
BFonville
BFonville

vegan-friendly downtown Wilmington

4 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2012

Nikki's is known for their sushi but they have a great menu of veg sandwiches and wraps with your choice of sides. Fresh ingredients, nice atmosphere right downtown on Front Street. I get the veggie-wrap with sesame noodles.

Pros: fresh, sake, beers
Cons: people gorging on massive sushi rolls
Blue Hippopotamus
Blue Hippopotamus

Good Veggie Wrap

3 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2010

I ate the veggie wrap and added avocado with a side of sticky sushi rice. This place is more vegetarian friendly than vegan friendly but the staff was knowledgeable as to which menu items had dairy and eggs so that helps. I do highly recommend the veggie wrap. If you are a strict vegan avoid the fries - the fryer is shared with meat items.

Pros: lots of veg choices
Cons: needs more vegan choices
jcjamiso
jcjamiso

Watch Out!!!

1 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2010

Though they are voted the best vegetarian restaurant in Wilmington, it is barely vegetarian (if you stand by your diet that is). a majority of the 'vegetarian' items, particularly the fried ones are cooked in the same oil as the meat products. We've gone there a number of times and finally the waitress at the downtown store alerted us to this fact. If you go, you're getting sushi, just not the tempura! or morning star procucts, which you can make at home, for twice as cheap. So, if you go to Wilmington go to Tidal Creek or go home and cook...

Pros: Sake, Staff, Music
Cons: Misleading, Vegetarian Food and, Vegan Food
Guest
Guest

Good Food, Okay waitstaff

4 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2008

My fiance' and I recently visited Wilmington, NC and for the few days that we were there we frequented Nikki's (the one on Oleander at the Independence mall) quite a few times. The food was good, I can't say the greatest ever, but it was a solid "good". However, you'll probably want to go during the day during the week (think a little before or after lunch time). Skip after normal work hours or the weekend unless you're ok with a wait because they get crowded fast!

Pros: good food, some healthy food, good food presentation
Cons: very noisy when crowded, slow service when crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Nikki's Fresh Gourmet: