Nice Slice

Serves meat, veg options available. Pizzeria offers semolina or whole wheat crust pizza, sandwiches, and spinach pies. Many items can be ordered vegetarian or vegan upon request. Vegan toppings include vegan cheese, various mockmeats, and vegetables. Limited seating. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Italian, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by will-travel-for-food
sapphicseven
sapphicseven

wonderful!

4 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2013

This is the best vegan pizza I've bought, even better than the vegan pizza i've had in boston. I go here pretty frequently, and I like it. i dont recommend bringing a large crowd or kids, because it can get cramped, but it's perfect for two! Their cheese alternative is super tasty and im never unsatisfied with my pizza. My girlfriend and I go here pretty often, and even though its kind of expensive (about 18 a pizza) its worth it when your jonesing for vegan pizza that tastes like "real pizza place" stuff!

Pros: best vegan pizza in RI, did I mention tasty?, great vegan options
Cons: hipsters everywhere, pricey, limited seating
thevegantwins
thevegantwins

Flavorful vegan pizza

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2012

We ended up going here for my husband's birthday. Unfortunately, the tables were so uncomfortable and the chairs were so high for our little ones that we ended up eating in the van. That said, the pizza was very good. Excellent trust and very fresh vegetables. The fresh-baked foccacia was wonderful as well.

Pros: Nice staff, Everything can be made vegan, Very fresh-tasting
Cons: Uncomfortable seating
srlonisshumate
srlonisshumate

AHMAAAAAZIIINGGG!

4 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2012

will start this review with this...we were staying in Providence for five nights and we ended up eating Nice Slice four of those nights (plus delicious breakfasts of cold pizza the mornings after). This was not due to the lack of vegan options in Providence, but due to the fact that the food was AMAZING and the staff was even AMAZING-ER!

My wife and I had the vegan sausage special (add vegan chikn and foni-roni) the first two nights and the vegan cheesesteak pizza the last two nights. Both were excellant NY style pizzas. The sausage special has their delicious red sauce and the mock sausage and vegan cheese were tasty (as were the Chikn and foni-roni which we added for only $2.00 per topping). The vegan cheesesteak was just as delicious with a ranch sauce, onions, red and green peppers, mushrooms, and the best mock steak I have ever tasted. Plus the crust was thin, crisp, and had a wonderful flavor of its own.

The kiddos got the non vegan cheese and said it was one of the best they have ever had. They also loved the red sauce and the crust.

Two nights we ate there and two we took it back to the hotel and the staff was super quick and crazy friendly during each visit. We sat outside the two times we stayed and watched all the action on Thayer St which added to the great experience. The two times we got carry out, the friendly staff on the phone quoted 15 minutes and it was always ready when we got there.

To sum it up...we ate EIGHT delicious pizzas in 4 nights and had 4 GREAT staff interactions. Plus all of the pizzas are inexpensive for the eight large ny style slices that you get. They also have a great beverage selection.

Happy cow won't allow a 5 cow rating because Nice Slice is not veggie only, but it DEFINITELY DESERVES AT LEAST FIVE!

Don't wait...go NOW!

Pros: TONS OF VEGAN OPTIONS, vegan mock meats, awesome staff
AngelaD
AngelaD

Good food, pretentious help

2 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2011

Well, cool atmosphere, albeit tiny. However, the help is pretentious and mocks customers. One man working the counter, repeated my request in a mocking way several times in the 'kitchen' (basically behind the counter and in full view). Either he had tourette syndrom, was 'special', or just plain mean and rude to the customer. Either way, I used to go on occasion, I won't go back now. Too much other GREAT vegan food in providence!!

Pros: good vegan options for pizza, hip decor, good location
Cons: rude help, VERY expensive, TINY
kero734
kero734

best vegan pizza i've ever had

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2010

open until 2am everyday...crazy vegan options...decently priced. faves- anything with chipotle, buffalo chicken, earth crisis

Pros: decent veg cheese, awesome hours, so many options
Cons: parking, space

Jelden
Jelden

Worth a drive.

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2009

At least once a month my girlfriend and i make a trip to providence (45 minutes) to walk around thayer street and get 2 vegan pizzas. One to eat. One to take home!

everyone is super nice. The food is great. Try the buffalo chicken or philly cheese. I love Pizza. I love Nice Slice.

Pros: PIZZA, VEGAN PIZZA, AWESOME VEGAN PIZZA
Cons: Small Place gets crowded., On a busy day parking can be tricky.
Vegan4Life26
Vegan4Life26

The best

4 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2009

Wow! Tonight I stopped by Nice Slice because I had a gift certificate and the vegan phoni roni was to die for. Since being vegan i have never had a slice of vegan pizza this good. The soy cheese was good and the crust was the best. Thin new york style pizza. If you are in this area you have to try this place. The staff was very nice too.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff, Big Portions
Cons: limited seating, limited parking
Guest
Guest

Best pizza ever

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2008

I spend a lot of time here, just because their pizza is amazing. I've never had the non vegan pizza, but I've been told it's awesome. The vegan pizza is the best pizza I've ever eatten. On top of awesome food, everyone who works there is really nice and fun to talk to.

Pros: Awesome food, Amazing staff, Comfy atmosphere
Ryeman28
Ryeman28

Quick and easy

4 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2008

Perfect location and prime food! Nice Slice Pizzeria always has a bunch of fresh pizza, right out of the oven! Regular or vegan, there are tons of ready to eat options. I've thoroughly enjoyed their Buffalo "chicken", BBQ "chicken", and vegetable uncheese slices! The fellas behind the counter were very friendly and are not lying when they claim to serve New York Style pizza. Thin crust and big slices! Dually noted, each slice is only $3. Not bad for its size.

Pros: Delicious vegan pizza, Price is right, Friendly staff
Cons: No other locations
spokanevegan
spokanevegan

Slice of heaven!

4 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2008

Ate here back in September -- I'll never forget those two slices of vegan cheese pizza! They were so good! And the guy behind the counter was awesome -- friendly & quick w/ our order. If I lived in Providence I'd be eating here every day -- loved it!

Pros: Vegan options!, Friendly, knowledgeable staff, Location
Cons: Not a one!
tablemoonspoons
tablemoonspoons

tops vegan pizza.

4 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2008

i feel silly writing the same stuff as folks before, but anyways. this plays rules vegan pizza. so many options and fake meats and stuff to add on. i have even just ordered a vegan slice for a snack once! not sure if they would cook a whole pie up all time for that though. and yes, sometimes they run out of vegan stuff, i have never expierenced them not having cheese but have been disappointed a couple times with my favorite fake meats not being around. a large whole pie gets a little pricey when you really load it up, but oh so good a treat!

Pwnie-Boy
Pwnie-Boy

Good WHEN they can serve their vegan options...

4 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2007

While I have no complaints about the great vegan options that Nice Slice makes available, which include very creatively topped pizzas as well as sandwiches, it seems as though every time I make an attempt to frequent their establishment.....wait.........wait......wait for it........they are all out of vegan cheese! This is certainly and understandable thing if it happens once in a while, but I'd venture to say that 75% of the time they seem to be out of their 'ish. You'd be best advised to call ahead to ensure that they have the vegan cheese available because if they don't have it, then what is the point of getting vegan pizza anywhere other than from your oven at home? Think about it. I'm really a nice guy, though. I do realize these folks are fairly n00b, so I'll extend them the courtesy of finding their groove. Peace be with you.

Pros: Good vegan-cheese!, Great sandwiches!, Great menu!
Cons: V-chz not always avail., n00bs to the game...., Addictive
will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

Tasty vegan pizza + nice folks

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2007

We order whole vegan pies from the Nice Slice a few times a month. The people that work there are nice, and the pizza is good. Our favorite vegan pies are the "Chicken Pesto" (which is made with chipotle pesto), the "Earth Crisis" with vegan cheeze, or the "Walk in the Park" with vegan cheeze. The 100% whole wheat crust is nice and thin... Perfect for folding in half. We would love it if the Nice Slice could start making vegan calzones!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Nice people, Good location/hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Nice Slice: