Address in Japanese 東京都文京区根津1-1-14‎. Tokyo vegan restaurant and organic food shop. Try the nato dish. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Japanese

• Cash only

First Review by Shauna333
MidnightSun112
MidnightSun112

nice, quiet place for lunch

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

I came here for lunch awhile ago. It's hard to find if you're unfamiliar with the area so you may want to ask someone. Prices are reasonable and the vegan Japanese food is prepared well however I was still hungry after finishing my lunch set. There aren't really any other vegetarian restaurants in the area so if you're exploring this part of the city, it's a welcome escape. But as the other reviewer said, I wouldn't make a special trip here. I liked the connected natural foods store more than the restaurant itself; they had a large variety of goods that I haven't been able to find at other natural stores. I bought some brown rice mochi (mashed rice cake) that was delicious.

Pros: competently prepared, reasonably-priced, nice adjoining store
Cons: hard to find, small portions
Shauna333
Shauna333

Lovely!

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2013

I visited here in 2011, so apologies if things have changed since then!

I was visiting the Yayoi Museum & Takehisa Yumeji Museum and this was in the area. It was VERY hard to find! I wandered around for quite a while trying to track it down, and it was in the side of a side street off the main road in Nezu. Maybe helpful to print out hte name and address in japanese to ask a local, as I got lost!

I was the only visitor, and not entirely sure I had the right place, but after showing the lady working there my translated sheet of all the things i cannot eat (vegetarian, no cheese!), the lady said that was all ok.

I ordered the set and got a bowl of brown rice with a bowl of miso and some spring rolls and pickles. It was all really tasty, especially the spring rolls which were crisp and flavoursome. I then had a cup of sweet tea afterwards. Ir was all lovely, but very small portions. I was just having lunch, but wasn't completely full.

I wandered into the shop afterwards and they had lots of veggie things there.

All in all, fine if you're in the area, but don't go out of your way.

Pros: Beautiful crockery, Delicious spring rolls
Cons: Difficult to find, Small portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Nezu no ya: