New York New York Casino -...

Serves meat, veg options available. Small restaurant chain in Los Angeles with a location at the New York New York Casino in Las Vegas. Any entree on the menu can use substitute tofu (soft or deep fried). In addition, some of the appetizers and noodles also have vegetable options as well as the lettuce cups. Upscale casual with a modern decor with lots of red and black accents. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Chinese, Asian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Sonja and Dirk
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

affordable

3 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2012

The prices were very reasonable. They tofu lettuce wraps were good. We tried two regular dishes with tofu substitution (instead of meat). They were only ok, somewhat bland.

AnthonyStanley
AnthonyStanley

Really nice dinner.

4 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2012

I am vegan and ordered several dishes that were all wonderful. The server suggested three dishes that were good when the meat were substituted with tofu. I had a Black Bean Shrimp dish sans Shrimp. The tofu was really good. The green bean dish and veggie lo mien was great too. I loved it and will go back before I leave. The server knew exactly what I wanted when I said I was a vegan, and was happy to recommend dishes that fit my diet. Highly recommend.

Pros: On the strip, Moderately priced, Great vegan-aware service
Cons: Family size entrees mostly, No mention of vegan fare on menu, Wouldn't know about it without Happy Cow
stef42678
stef42678

Tasty Vegan Asian Cuisine

3 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2011

I really like Chin Chin because the menu is simple and any meat dish can be substituted with tofu to make it vegan friendly. I had a delicious veggies with rice dish and added in some extra mushrooms and brocolli. Appetizers also include vegan lettuce cups and potstickers so you can enjoy the meal even if your friends are eating sweet and sour chicken. There are mostly meat dishes on the menu, but the tofu is a great option for vegan diners and has lots of flavor.

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

good place on the Strip

4 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2011

We've been to Chin Chin at different locations in LA, but it's really nice to have them on the Las Vegas Strip where there aren't that many vegan options. Any entree can have the meat substituted for tofu. We went this last weekend with friends and we ordered family style. We got the Garlic Tomato Tofu (deep fried although you can also get it soft instead), vegetable lettuce wraps (yay, entree size!), and the vegetable lo mein. We also started with the veggie potstickers and spring rolls. Everything was tasty, especially the tofu. The service is friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. We've been here before and we will be back again. We would also recommend making reservations as it does get busy.

Pros: on the Strip, can substitute tofu in entrees, friendly service
Cons: serves meat

Dear Owner and Manager of New York New York Casino - Chin Chin: