New World Bistro Bar

Serves meat, veg options available. Gastro pub has plenty of vegan options; see online summer vegan menu. Located near Spectrum Theatres. Has another location in Saugerties, NY. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, International, Non-veg
300 Delaware Ave
Albany, New York
518-694-0520

Open Sun-Thur 5-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 5-11pm, Sun Brunch 11am-3pm.

First Review by FractalFaery
mkmdith
mkmdith

a great vegan menu at a non-vegetarian restaurant

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

Travelling from Boston to Ithaca NY we stopped in Albany at New World Bistro Bar. What a treat, worthy of a night out, not just a travel stop! The "special vegan menu" had many choices, and the three we ordered were great. A middle eastern themed appetizer plate with excellent humus, babaganouge, tofu feta, olives, and pickled vegetables, an entree with the best pureed winter squash I've ever had, asparagus and nicely flavored black beans. The pear sorbet was very nice also.
Nice ambiance and service in a pleasant neighborhood.

Pros: great vegan food, ambiance, service
Cons: too far away from us to eat there often!
andreacarioca
andreacarioca

My new favorite place Upstate

4 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2012

My boyfriend and I had the an amazing dinning experience here! The place has a funky and cozy decoration, the food was super creative and tasty, all the beer they serve is brewed in NY State, and the waiters were fun/funny/friendly and very competent. Most of the food is locally grown, and seasonal. If they have available, you should eat the apple crumble!!! hummm

Pros: price, flavor, ambient
FractalFaery
FractalFaery

AMAZING Vegan Menu!

4 Posted on 09 / 21 / 2012

The place was packed and would have had a 15 min. wait for seating but they had seats avail. outside if we wanted and the weather was good for mid Sept. so we ate outside. Our waiter was sooo friendly and really knew the menu. They were a ton of interesting vegan options and he could describe all of them... the food was a bit pricey but the quality of the food made it totally worth it. I'm really glad I tried something new! There was a bit of a wait for our entree but they were really really busy so the wait was understandable, and again the quality of the food made it totally worth it.

Pros: Amazing food!, Huge selection for vegans!, Adorable, knowledgable & friendly staff!
Cons: A bit off a wait for the food., A little pricier than I'm used to.

Dear Owner and Manager of New World Bistro Bar: