Chain of large markets in the Portland area and Oregon. Stocks organic produce, grocery, deli, beer & wine, supplements, care products, and more. more-less
1453 NE 61st Ave (Orenco Station)
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
503-648-6968

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Peter McGovern
kimhester
kimhester

Resource for vegans

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2013

New Seasons Market in Hillsboro offers many foodstuffs appropriate for vegans, and their deli will also prepare you a freshly made vegan sandwich. They have a fairly wide variety of vegan burger patties, as well as such vegan staples as seitan,tofu, and soy milk. It is a really valuable resource for vegans in Hillsboro.

Pros: Many vegan items, Friendly staff, Vegan deli dishes
mile4748
mile4748

Great place for vegetarians

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2012

My husband and I have eatten here three times now and always pleased with our choices. It is a busy time around lunch, but the wait is very minimal what with all the pleasant employees there to help. As the other reviewer mentioned there is a make your own wok area along with an average salad bar. There are three choices of hot homemade soups available (with one or two always being vegetarian). Today's choices for veggies was tomatoe bisque and Morrocan bean soup. Then there is the sandwich making area and also the "choose your own pasta/veggie plate". The area I usually end up in is the deli salads and hot entrees where everyday there is always a vegetarian choice of a hot entree along with several nice healthy salads. My husband seems to always get his favorites which is the Kale-carrot salad and the Indian carrot salad with garbonza beans. I am the one who loves to experiment and have something different. Today was a samosa with the best tasting tamarind sauce to dip with. I also had some greek pasta salad and some spanakopita which was very good. there is plenty of seating area inside and out and very clean. If you enjoy Chinese, Indian or Greek food I would recommend this place for a nice lunch.

Pros: healthy choices, very friendly, get to choose your own portions
Peter McGovern
Peter McGovern

GREAT place

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2008

The food and service here is outstanding. Yesterday My wife and I were doing the make-your-own-wok thing. Somehow, someone took my wok and I had to make the whole thing over again. I was not happy. They COMPED me the wok at NO CHARGE. I was happy.
Another example, this time in the supermarket area. We got home (10 miles away) and discovered we had left our canning jars on the bottom of the cart at the store. I called and Ashley, our checkout person, went outside and found the jars. When she got off work that night she DROVE THEM TO OUR HOUSE! How totally off the charts cool is that?
The deli has lots of organic (and some not organic) veggies laid out saladbar style to make into your own hot dish. You pile all-you-can-fit into a metal bowl, choose your sauce, and then they quick-saute your food in a giant wok. You can add brown rice for 50 cents. It's always tasty.
The grocery store side also offers free tastings. Yesterday they had every variety of apple you can imagine cut into little pieces with toothpicks.
Bottom line...great place to shop and eat, better prices and choice (especially in organic produce) than "Whole Foods", and WAY better customer service (not that Whole Foods has been bad).

Pros: Customer Service, Organic produce choice, Great deli
Cons: won't deliver to our area, some items pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of New Seasons Market: