Serves meat, veg options available. If you book in advance, the restaurant will provide a separate vegan menu or a separate vegetarian menu; otherwise the regular menu is primarily meat based. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, International, English, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
129 Highgate
Kendal, England LA9 4EN
01539-729254

First Review by ejthiggs
ejthiggs
ejthiggs

Good for eating out with non-veggies

4 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2012

I'm vegan and I ate here with a group of 3 omnivores and 2 vegetarians on 22nd Dec 2011. I was provided with a vegan menu which presented 3 starter options and 3 main courses - but there was only 1 vegan dessert, which was sorbet. I was really pleased that the restaurant would make such an effort to accommodate vegans, as this hasn't been my experience in any other non-veg restaurtant! They were also very accommodating of other dietary needs (avoidance of shellfish). My food was very enjoyable, but not spectacular. I had a pear & walnut salad to start (which in my opinion would have benefitted from more walnuts) followed by a mushroom risotto (which was just right). The lacto-ovo veggies had the pear & walnut salad with goat's cheese, a tomatoey cheesey linguine pasta, and an aubergine/mozzarella bake. The service was very good.

Pros: central location, nice decor, very vegan friendly
Cons: a bit pricey, split over 2 levels, veggie options are cheese heavy