Opened January 2014, this is a health food cafe and juice bar that takes the food-as-medicine approach. Offers light, raw food and specializes in making coconut kefir yoghurt, which is served as shots, made into cheese, and also in a bread. Everything is vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and non-gmo. Has a small retail area featuring products like protein powders, walnut parmesan, and herbs. The owners are health-minded and knowledgeable about making fermented food. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, American, Juice bar, Take-out

SunFlowerVegan
SunFlowerVegan

No Bang For Your Buck

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2015

My boy friend and I have been here a couple times. The first time we ordered their "burger" which was just a tiny disc of oats and came with a good sized salad. We weren't impressed with their burger but the soup was amazing. The second time we went for lunch wanting the soup. They didn't have any soup available, even the other soups on the menu. So we decided on an open face sandwich each. This came with two tiny thin slices of bread with some spread and two tiny thinly sliced peppers. The salad ,again, was much bigger. Needless to say, $19 later we were still hungry. We're college students so spending that much money on a meal was a big deal for us. So if you have a small appetite but love spending money, this place is the place for you.

Pros: Delicious Soup, Mostly All Raw
Cons: Expensive, Small Portions
Chia
Chia

Food as Medicine

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2014

I had read about this place on HappyCow and was in town (June 2014), so I went in for a look. Here's my New Earth Health Cafe review.

The space is very relaxed and inviting. The owners are super knowledgeable about food and herbs. To get to the cafe you have to walk up the street away from the main part of downtown, just for a couple minutes.

In the fridge are bottles of coconut kefir drniks alongside prepared vegan & mostly raw meals, including an open-face sandwich with side salad where the bread is infused with coconut kefir as well the raw cheese on top - delicious. We also tried the fresh veggie rolls with salad and that was yummy, too. The acai bowl with berries and house-made sprouted granola was refreshing.

The food all tasted light and nourishing. I would definitely return the next time I'm in San Luis Obispo.

Pros: vibrant, healing, relaxed
promwall
promwall

Clean and Friendly

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2014

A great new addition to the healthy scene in downtown San Luis Obispo. Not an extensive menu but plenty of juices and smoothies. I had an open-faced sandwich vegetable sandwich with avocado on kaffir bread that was delicious. A daily soup is available and salads are prepped and ready in a stand-up refrigerator case.
There are several tables and a bookcase with a lot of health related information available.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice clean, bright, new atmosphere, Prices are very reasonable

Dear Owner and Manager of New Earth Health Cafe:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the San Luis Obispo page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/12/28