New City Market Natural Gro...

Long-time established small health food shop. Stocks fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, bulk staples, frozen foods, bath & body items, natural home products, and more. more-less
4721 University Ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50314
515-255-7380
Closed time

Mon 9:00am-6:30pm, Tue-Thu 9:00am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-6:30pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm

First Review by nice dreadlock girl
MacRog
MacRog

Super Health Food Store

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2014

I really enjoy New City Market. Small store, but packed with what you need. Always a nice seasonal selection of fruits and veggies, Excellent selection of bulk items and great prices on the bulk.
The staff are always so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable on anything in the store. There are other places I could shop in town, but I choose this quaint store for the excellent service, friendliness, nice music, selection and local business. They have been here for several years for a reason.

Pros: Outstanding Staff, Great Vibe/Music, Awesome Bulk Selection
Dave Williams
Dave Williams

Very friendly staff. Small store but packed full!

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2009

I used to shop at Campbell's but always felt very unwelcome. I started shopping at NCM a few months ago and absolutely love the place and the staff! Everyone is so helpful and friendly! Crystal has shared a great recipe with me to help me transition into my vegeterian life. That doesn't happen at HyVee and definitely not at Campbell's!
The prices aren't bad. The selection is good. Hopefully one day they'll expand and the selection will be even better!
Huge props to the great staff!

Pros: Friendly, Good selection, Bulk foods
elise
elise

New City MArket

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2007

I love going to new city market. the staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. they always ahve what i want and i love the small feel thatthe store has. it is a good store to support

nice dreadlock girl
nice dreadlock girl

friendly little store

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2007

I love new city market!The staff is friendly and very willing to help you.If your a regular they quickly learn your name and always stop to talk to you.although a small store carries lots of products and actually knows about them.They take suggestions for new products and always have good leaflets.Good selection of local produce in season.They make me feel welcome and I really like supporting a good local place like this,thank you New City staff!!

Pros: good fresh produce, great staff, lots of vegan products

Dear Owner and Manager of New City Market Natural Grocery: