Serves meat, veg options available. Offers many vegetarian selections including sesame tofu, mongolian tofu, broccoli with garlic sauce, vegetarian hot and sour soup, veg spring rolls and veg. dumplings. They do different types of soy protein to match the dish. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Non-veg
1020 20th St S
Birmingham, Alabama 35205
205-251-2373

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Ellen Kovalsky
_bean
_bean

eh.

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2010

It's not anything special. Fairly run-of-the-mill american-chinese.

Ellen Kovalsky
Ellen Kovalsky

Excellent vegetarian options

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2008

Being new to the Birmingham area, I was pretty clueless as to what restaurants had acceptable vegetarian options. I actually had read a positive review on New China Town and decided to give it a try. The staff was extremely friendly and doted on my husband, 3 year old son, and me during our entire visit. I ordered the hot & sour soup (vegetarian!) and moo shu tofu and my husband had the vegetarian mongolian "chicken". My son was happy with the rice. Everything was excellent. Actually, it was some of the best chinese food I have ever tasted. My husband who is not quite a vegetarian has returned numerous times on his own for the mongolian "chicken". There were so many vegetarian/vegan options on the menu. I have been there several times since and plan to try everything in the vegetarian section of the menu.

Pros: many vegetarian options, friendly staff, very reasonably priced
Cons: closed on Sundays

Dear Owner and Manager of New Chinatown: