Serves meat, veg options available. Very veggie friendly cafe located inside New Leaf Market. Indoor seating provided. Live music and events sometimes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by robertajoiner
gabbybutterfly
gabbybutterfly

❤️

4 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2014

I love this place! As a macrobiotic vegan, it's a little harder to go out and find something to eat, but they had a macro wrap that I absolutely loved! It was filled with brown rice, cauliflower, broccoli, tahini sauce, and carrots and I feel so satisfied! And the whole grocery around it is also great!! I wish they had one in my hometown! I get so excited when I find nice places like this one!

Pros: delicious, nice staff, great options
Cons: needs more locations
halrhp
halrhp

Large, local veg-friendly, lots of organic choices

4 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2012

I do most of my shopping at another branch of this small, locally-owned, chain of markets. I do not eat on premises at their cafe.

This is one of now 7 New Leaf markets in the area. Their produce selection is very good, dominated by organic fruits and vegetables. Plenty here to choose from; better pricing than Whole Foods. Also locations in downtown Santa Cruz and the west side of Santa Cruz, the latter being larger, and in Half Moon Bay, Felton, and San Jose.

Pros: Large choice, good quality, reasonable prices
robertajoiner
robertajoiner

Love the wraps!

4 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2011

I mainly come here for the hijiki wraps - excellent wrap with tofu, brown rice, cabbage salad and tahini dressing. I skip the (fried)chips but get thebsalsa to go on the wrap. They used to have a vegan pizza ready by the slice, but no more. Fresh carrot and other juices, coffee bar and several entrees. They have meat items also. Macrobiotic plate and a Mex burrito. You can get a wrap or plate for all.

Pros: Pretty fast, Seating available
Cons: No more vegan pizza slices

Dear Owner and Manager of New Beet Cafe: