Nettle Raw Cafe offers modern cuisine, inspired by a quest for creativity, health, vitality, nutrition and a connection to what is natural. Organic when possible. Previously operating at Adelaide markets. more-less
Vegan, Raw
10 Rosetta Street, West Croydon
Adelaide, South Australia

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by tantan
saracranberry
saracranberry

Not 100% vegan

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2015

99% raw vegan cafe, away from the main roads, very quiet, staff were friendly and accommodating providing a high-chair for the little one, very healthy and yummy foods, downside was having to pay extra for a milk alternative in my coffee

Pros: friendly healthy
Cons: expensive had to pay extra for milk alternative
HappyVeganTummy
HappyVeganTummy

Great healthy food!

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2015

Lovely little raw food cafe. serves wonderful nutritious vegan food. Quirky decor. Great variety of creative raw meals, fresh juices, hot drinks and non raw-food. There are also options to take away.

Pros: Healthy, Variety, Quiet location
Cons: Expensive, inconsistent portion sizes, Serve cows milk (makes no sense), Hit and miss with the friendliness of the staff
Adro84
Adro84

Raw Vegan Food

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2014

This place always seem so quiet, which is a shame as the food was lovely. Would love to see it bustling with lots of happy vegans. I had the Burger and my partner had the BLT. Delicious, could have had more, so portion sizes could be bigger, not sure if it was high in fat, but still delicious. Oh and would love to see them not have cows milk as an option, would have forced my Omni partner into trying a milk alternative.

Pros: yummy, great venue, raw
Cons: quiet, suspect high in fat, smaller portions

tantan
tantan

Cute little place in Croydon

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2014

We visited this place for lunch on the weekend, close to closing time, so some of the menu items weren't available. After sitting down and seeing the price of the mains ($16) I was somewhat tempted to leave and go to Let Them Eat a few blocks away, which does a hearty lunch for about $12. I can't help it, I'm into good value. But I'd been wanting to try this place for a while, so we stuck around and I ordered the BLT, and my boyfriend ordered the zucchini spaghetti and meatballs.

When the food first came out, I thought we'd probably both still be hungry afterwards, but it was surprisingly satisfying. The BLT consisted of some sort of seed/grain base, topped with lettuce, rocket and mayo and bits of shaved coconut. The zucchini spaghetti and meatballs was slightly more substantial, so I didn't feel too bad about helping myself to samples off my boyfriend's plate. The spaghetti was spiralised zucchini, the meatballs tasted like sundried tomatoes, and there were a few different pastes on the side (one was pesto, I forget the others already). It seemed like super healthy food, but there was a lot of flavour to it.

Overall, we were pretty happy with this place. It has a nice cosy vibe (it is very quiet though - maybe some background music would be a good idea), it's on a quietish street, and although the menu is on the small side, I guess it makes it easy to decide on what to eat. I'd eat here again for sure, but because I found it to be on the pricey side, we held back from buying drinks and shared a dessert rather than have one each.

Pros: tasty food, felt very healthy eating it
Cons: pricey, limited menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Nettle Raw Cafe: