Opened Aug 2014, this vegetarian restaurant offers a varied menu, from pizza and pasta to wraps and sandwiches, from noodles and veggie sushi with tofu to vegan pastries. Could substitute cashew cheese in a vegetarian dish that uses dairy cheese. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, International, Pizza, Beer/Wine

Tao Watts
Tao Watts

Best Salad Dressing!

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2015

I enjoy stopping in at Neshuma when I'm in town. They have a great variety on the menu, and can make substitutions. The side salad I had with one of my entrees there was a simple cabbage & greens salad with one of the best dressings I've ever had in a restaurant. The Padthai, however, needs work...it has more of an Indian curry seasoning than a Thai flavor...was disappointed, but have liked everything else I've eaten there.
tao samaritanxocolata.com

Pros: great mint lemonade, can do take-out
Cons: noisy...high ceilings, poor acoustics, pricey
xZagx
xZagx

vegan food

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2015

Actually a good spot to eat vegan in San Jose. A lot of good foods ! They have vegan mayonaise, vegan cheese ! It tried the 3 vegan cheeses pizza and the carribean burger (with coco milk and aguacate). The pasta of the pizza was a bit hard but it was a totally junk pizza as I love.
I also tasted tiramisu, pretty good.
With a drink, it cost me around 23$, even if Costa Rica is generally expensive, it seemed to me a lot.
It's open on sunday until the night.
The location on the map is totally false. It's located in the eastern part of the second avenue, in the commercial center San Pedro. 30 min walking more in this direction.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 03, 2015

Pros: a lot of choices, friendly staff, almost all vegan
Cons: location, expensive
Bertyd
Bertyd
  • non-vegetarian

great and delicious food

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2014

Big menu and very good food

Dear Owner and Manager of Neshuma: