Small, family run veggie restaurant with kids serving the food and adults making it. Nepali merchandise for sale. Centrally located, near Ganesha temple. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Nepalese
81th Street (between 26th and 27th St)
Mandalay, Myanmar

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by freeprincebandar
Bob Sultan
Bob Sultan

Good experience

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2015

I noticed that this restaurant got mixed reviews. I ordered the potato paratha. It was a large onion and potato filled paratha served with five small dishes: a soup, dall, broccoli (I think), tamarind sauce, Everything was served very hot. I had to wait a few minutes before I could touch the paratha. It was much more than I could eat. I thought it was pretty tasty. The service is less than enthusiastic. I didn't think the place was particularly dirty, but I didn't come at a busy time (about 5PM). The price was right, about $2. I didn't get sick (one review reported this problem). It is easy to find.

Pros: cheap, tasty, easy to find
Cons: not wonderful ambiance, not particularly friendly, not great service
Siup
Siup

Dirty place, cold food: don't eat there!

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2015

We came to this restaurant because suggested by some travelers. Well... Horrible experience. The place is dirty, too dirty. There was rubbish under the table. We wanted to order, but there were only kids in the restaurant! So I called their mother. She eventually came. We ordered two dishes, but they were served (by the kids) cold. A cold soup is just awful. Cold food, dirty place, unfriendly people. I don't recommend it.

Pros: none
Cons: cold food , dirty place , unfriendly people
santiago.clausse
santiago.clausse

Very tasty food, big portions and cheap!

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2015

We came here on our first night in Mandalay and would come back again. We had the Daal Paratha and the Thali, they kept refilling our plates. The lassi was very good too. Our waiter spoke very good English.

Pros: Big portions, very flavourful.

westcornersville
westcornersville

Sadly Disappointed

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2015

I went for lunch and had the thali. Most of the items were cold, and they gave rather small portions. If the food were sufficiently hot and the portions were bigger, it would've been OK. The menu was rather limited. At least I didn't get sick, unlike the other reviewer. Unfortunately, this neighborhood didn't have too many options as the 2 nearest Indian restaurants had mostly meat in the menu.
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 12, 2015

Pros: vegetarian
Cons: mostly cold items in the thali, small portions, limited menu
freeprincebandar
freeprincebandar

Dirty Tasty Desi Food

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2012

We went there twice but got sick the second time. Food was quite good which led us to eat a lot which is what led us to get sick. Be warned the place is filthy. It's standard fare daal but very tasty. FYI you can buy a L bottle of water from the cold fridge for a good price and take it back to your hotel. Good flat breads.

Pros: tasty
Cons: detrimental to your health

Dear Owner and Manager of Nepali Restaurant: