Neomonde Baking Company

Serves meat, veg options available. Sandwiches, entrees, and baked goods. Plenty of vegan friendly options. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by wackypig
trippinvegan
trippinvegan

Great Mediterranian Fare

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2014

Neomonde is a great go-to place in Raleigh for Mediterranean food (though I would recommend Mediterranean Deli in Chapel Hill over Neomonde in the overall Triangle area). The falafel sandwich is fantastic, as is their grape leaves (my favorite) and tabbouleh, as well as other veg*n dishes they have in rotation.

Everything in their deli case is labeled as being vegetarian or vegan, which is INCREDIBLY helpful. The staff is very nice, and it is a lovely local, family-owned place.

Pros: Great food, Excellent food labeling, Friendly and family-owned
Cons: Parking can be tricky sometimes, Long-ish wait if during lunch
in2theswim
in2theswim

Always delicious!

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

I can't get enough of Neomonde. Their food is always fresh and tasty. I love that it's counter service, so it's affordable and the closest thing to veg-friendly fast-food we have in Raleigh. We eat here about every weekend. I even got my omnivore co-workers hooked, and they go weekly, too. Neomonde Catering is exceptional for parties and office lunches.

I find the ordering process and payment line chaotic, especially at peak times, so a little patience is needed (or maybe I'm just hungry and grumpy when I arrive).

Pros: Outstanding, fresh veg-friendly food, Affordable, Great variety
Cons: Frequently crowded
Amelia Mango
Amelia Mango

Really good!!!

4 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

The food was excellent! Everything was really fresh. They offer a lot of vegan options, with a lot of variety. The staff was very helpful and friendly. There was plenty of room between tables so you can really enjoy the conversation.

Pros: Budget friendly, Helpful staff, Really good food

The Vegan Chemist
The Vegan Chemist

Awesome vegan options

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2012

I have been eating at Neomonde even before I became a plant-based eater! They have amazing options and they are decently priced. It's worth the wait if you have to wait. At the counter, they have all or most of the ingredients listed - if you ask to make sure, they'll tell you. Just thinking about the food makes me want it! The outside seating is really cute.

Also, their little grocery store has vegan options for people and the items are well priced. Every time I go there, I stock up. I wish they had vegan baked good options. That would make the place SUPER awesome. :)

Pros: well priced, delicious food, friendly
Cons: no vegan baked goods
SidheRa
SidheRa

One of My Favorites

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2011

There are numerous vegan options at the deli counter, so I don't know what the first review here is talking about. Every time I go, I can eat a ton of awesome Middle Eastern food (the owners are Lebanese) for a comparatively small amount of money. If you're at all unsure about the ingredients, just ask! The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.

I always buy a big pack of dried dates here, as well as a few pounds of bulk olives. This is the cheapest place to get these things in Raleigh that I've found so far.

Whenever I have people visiting, I always take them to Neomonde, whether they're vegan or omni. I've yet to have someone go away dissatisfied.

Pros: friendly staff, good value, delicious food
Cons: crowded
Vegan14
Vegan14

Lots of Vegan Options!

4 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2010

I am not sure about the other reviewers. Neomonde has great vegan options. In fact, most of the items in the cold bar are vegan, and there are always several vegan items in the hot bar. In my opinion, they have one of the best vegan selections in the area. The food is super yummy. And be sure to check out the attached market. They have lots of bulk items for relatively cheap. They even have some cute vegetarian t-shirts for sale. Not to mention the patio is a great place to dine outside! Only downside is that there are no vegan desserts. :(

wackypig
wackypig

Great late evening snack!

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2009

I ended up at Neomonde on a Saturday around 8:30 in the evening. I was pleasantly surprised at the extensive offerings at the deli counter (hummus, stuffed grape leaves, tabouli salad, baba ganouj) as well as their sandwich menu. I ended up with a falafel sandwich, and my friends ended up with a few pounds of goodies to take home. The only draw back was that they misunderstood my order. I ordered 2 falafel sandwiches (one for me, one for the boyfriend), and they only served us (and charged us for) one. Luckily, the 2 halves were big enough to share! They also have a small grocery store where you can pick up fresh pitas and hard-to-find mediterranean items.

Pros: many vegan choices, good value, big portions
Cons: got my order wrong
Guest
Guest

No Vegan Options

2 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2008

Visited on a weekday night. There were no vegan options available in the deli counter. Very disappointed.

Dear Owner and Manager of Neomonde Baking Company: