Serves meat, veg options available. About half the menu are dishes suitable for vegans and vegetarians, as well as a daily raw selection or two. Drinks include fruit smoothies, veggie smoothies and a full bar. Holds special events outside regular restaurant hours; check website. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Raw, Organic, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
821 S Macomb St (W Gaines St)
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
850-210-0548
Closed Time

Wed-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by carmencricket
ChristieO
ChristieO

Best vegan food I've had in a while!

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2014

Cannot say enough good things about this place. In a midsized city, one must take what they can get in terms of vegan dining out. This restaurant is not a dirty whole in the wall with angsty staff. It is a fine dining experience with a palatial interior and well trained staff that know how to serve properly and know their menu. It is a vegan paradise, as over half the international dishes are or can be made vegan and are clearly marked as such. We had the hummus, vegan Mac n chz, spring rolls, Ethiopian stew, and my non vegan friend had the chicken pad Thai and was very impressed. If you are new to the restaurant (they ask) you will be treated to sample shots of sorel and another drink that are excellent. The food was so good that I brought some home to my husband including the samosas, which he said were some of the best he'd ever had. Even their bathrooms look like fancy hotel bathrooms, not restaurant bathrooms, they also have a stage for entertainment (I assume on weekends) as well as this amazing royal table with throne like chairs in the middle for special parties. I want to wear a crown and have my birthday at that table next year. They have a full bar, too.
As my friend and I left, the general manager kindly walked to our cars, as the parking lot was kind of dark due to a broken light. He offered, we didn't even half to ask.
They serve a fantastic looking vegan brunch that we can't wait to try.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 25, 2014

Pros: Well trained staff, Clean beautiful interior, Excellent high quality variety of dishes
Cons: Semi pricey
carmencricket
carmencricket

Super Vegan Friendly

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

What a great restaurant. Can't believe I haven't been there before. The menu clearly marks which menu options are vegan, vegetarian and/or gluten free. I had the Thai Spring Rolls, Ethiopian Stew Platter with Tofu, and Sorrel Cake (all vegan). Other options include Vegan Chitterlings, Tomato and Rosemary Tofu, Vegan Spaghetti, Amen Ra's Raw Platter, Pad Thai Noodles, and Forbidden Fried Rice with Tofu. It is a beautiful restaurant and the staff are super-friendly.

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Great staff, Interesting atmosphere
Cons: A little pricey, but portions are huge

Dear Owner and Manager of Nefetari's: