Please send HappyCow some details! more-less

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Kristienicole
veganlove777
veganlove777

Alright staff with great vegan food selection

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2015

They have a whole section of non-gmo, organic produce--fruits, veggies, and more. The reason why I'm rating this health food store (only 3 stars being "Ok") is because of the service and the staff. Most of the workers in here are teenagers, not like that even matters--as I'm an adolescent myself.. but most of the workers here are uninformed and rude. My mom whose also vegan asked where the daiya mozzarella vegan cheese was as when we went here during the summer during a visit and one of the workers in there responded saying, "I don't know," without calling for help or anything, so we had to find it ourselves. The staff in here aren't very friendly--some of the staff are nice, but the majority (as I've been here multiple times) just give off a snobby persona of some sort. Despite all of that being said, they still have some awesome vegan foods here-- a variety of vegan frozen food choices, snacks, etc. as well as organic produce--and also some nice incense as well as cruelty-free beauty products. They also have some vegan foods in their bakery area usually. The setting of the store feels a bit 'spaced out' or maybe that's just me, but overall they have a nice selection of vegan foods and products--they just might need to hire some different staff, then their ratings would go up a cow or two.

Pros: Yummy vegan food selection, cruelty-free beauty products, Organic produce options
Cons: Rude staff members, Uncomfortable atmosphere, "Humane" meats..really?
ShantiPeace
ShantiPeace

So glad its here.

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2015

So glad this nice market is here. I live and So Cal (used to all the great markets there) and my family is in NY. It has the main things I need for my visit with a nice little bulk and organic fresh veg area. People have always been helpful.

Tperagine
Tperagine

a true gem

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2015

I'm new to the area just south of fishkill and I found that the closest place for a good market is whole foods in Danberry Connecticut and that's just too far until I found this place. It has a great selection of bulk foods, nice produce and it's a very clean store and the prices aren't bad. I and very pleased with the prices and it's a very clean store and well stocked. Definitely an asset to our area

DennisHartmann
DennisHartmann

Excellent store

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

All the vegetables and produce in the store are organic. There is also a wide selection on bulk items and other healthy alternatives, prepared food, etc. Great store.

Pros: Very pro-vegan and vegetarian
Cons: Product selection
Kristienicole
Kristienicole

Awesome!

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

I LOVE this market. They have an excellent selection of health foods, extensive gluten free selection, loads of vegan/vegetarian/raw food options. They have onsite chef that prepares entrees daily many of which are both vegan and gluten free. This store, especially fishkill ny locations, has a large and well stocked bulk food section. Also wonderful and very yummy gluten free vegan pastries. And for those occasions where you just don't feel like cooking (we veg*ns have to cook alot, especially if your also gluten free) they have a small but well planned out prepackaged food selection that is very reasonably priced with most choices being veg*n/GF/Macro/Raw. I cannot rave enough about Nature's Pantry. If you live locally you must visit. Newburgh NY location is great, but smaller so has fewer food options, but excellent supplement adviser. Fishkill NY location, is the best!

Pros: Great bulk food selection, great GF/Vegan selection, wide variety and selection
Cons: Staff younger kids sometimes uninformed

Dear Owner and Manager of Nature's Pantry: