Nature's Health Food and Cafe

Health food market and vegetarian cafe with an organic juice bar and espresso bar. Has wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by tgoyak
hojocono
hojocono

Great Times Two

5 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2014

If you are lucky, you will find a restaurant with either great food or great service. Tonight, I found both!

Gerald was the person behind the counter who took the order. He gave me suggestions based on his favorites. Prior to going Vegan, I loved chicken wings. So, I ordered the Vegan wings. Very tasty with some great sauces. I also ordered the hummus appetizer. Hummus was thick and tasty but the crackers were really good. I broke down and ordered the peanut butter parfait(as a vacation treat). Soooo good. I took most home so I can eat with blackberries. Even better! Also, Alex, the server, was friendly and welcoming from the moment I entered until I left.

I will be in Palm Springs 4 more nights before I return home to Seattle. I am sure to return before I leave. Maybe their returned Reuben or the southern "bisket" muffalletta.

More to come.

Pros: Chicken Wings, Gerald and Alex, Peanut Butter Parfait
Cons: Loud door, none, none
ronitw
ronitw

Nice Place in Palm Springs

4 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2013

Not easy to find vegan food in Palm Springs. We had breakfast here - I had a nice tofu scrambler. The place is friendly and we will back on our next Palm Springs visit. Thanks happy cow.

www.danaleong.com
www.danaleong.com

Great Health Food Store w/ Counter Service

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2013

I visited this little store while on a cross country trip and was quite surprised at how complete their regular stock of supplements and healthy snacks are! I tried the vegan BLT at the recommendation of another happy cow user and it was GREAT! On another visit, I also tried the chinese fried rice which was ok and a giant burrito wrap of some sort which was very good. Overall I would give this place a 5 rating since it's one of the only healthy places in the area, but I give it a 4 because they're so damn expensive! (Sorry guys). Service was very good too btw.

Pros: healthy snacks, take out food, supplements
Cons: expensive!

staywellhealth
staywellhealth

making too much $$ off Kangan water

3 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2012

I've been in town visiting and going to this place daily, it's great! I did want to switch my mom over from bottled water (she lives here) to kangan alkaline water but boy are they charging an arm and a leg!! when one contracts with Kangan water machines, for one they are not supposed to charge for the water but rather try and sell people the machines! Now I was willing to pay something for the water, but how is this an incentive for people to switch from bottled water?? that is price gouging and just not right!!

Pros: friendly staff, good selection at cafe
Cons: kangan prices
djmpk2
djmpk2
  • herbivore

Highly recommended!

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2010

I'm not a Vegan or vegetarian BUT this place has healthy food for anyone's tastes. Try the BLT wrap w avocado and you'll swear it is real bacon (but it is soy!) and equal to / or better than any BLT you have ever had. The aray of stir frys, wraps, juices ( fresh made) smoothies, and entres is impressive. I have eaten there regularly now for over 1 1/2 years and haven't had a so-so or bad meal yet. This is a Palm Springs Jewel not to be missed. Also, while waiting for your food to be prepared brouse the wide array of vitamines, supplements and grocery items in the store. They have the best selection of top brand vitamins and supplements available in the valley. I Love it!

Pros: Excellent Food, GREAT service, Friendly Staff
maynard7
maynard7

Good food here

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2010

I got the teriyaki chicken meal and it was very good. It was "chicken" with mixed veggies and a big serving of brown rice. Tasty, and very healthy. They have a menu board on the wall above the kitchen area, but look at a menu to find out what the ingredients are in each item. Of the three vegetarian restaurants I've tried in the Palm Springs area, this one is my favorite.

Having said all that, 1.5 years ago the very same meal was only $7.50 and now it's $9.95. With inflation running at about 2% in the USA, I don't know how they can justify a 33% increase. So the food is excellent, but the value advantage isn't there any more. It's now the same price as the other veggie places in town. You can't get out of here for less than $10.

Pros: Excellent flavors, Location
Ethan
Ethan

A Diamond in the Desert

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2010

What a great place. What a fantastic menu. Lots of vegan-friendly options and the food all looks and smells so great.

We went shopping there this morning to get some provisions for our room as we're staying on vacation in Palm Springs for the next four days. I was impressed with their collection of raw and pre-packaged foods. I was, however, disappointed in the very low number of organic fruits and veggies available, though I realize that it might just be the day we came. (There were organic Grapefruits but the apples, oranges, bananas weren't organic.)

Still, I had the tofu scramble for breakfast and it was delicious. I tried the date shake and I will DEFINITELY be back over the next few days to have a few more. What a delicious, nutritious treat!

The Coachella valley needs more places like this.

Pros: Great menu, Tastey Food, Friendly staff
Cons: small produce selection
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Amazing Cafe with out of this universe service

5 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2010

Its hardly ever that I come across a Veg restaurant that leaves such an amazing impression on me not just by the quality and attention to detail of the food, but of the service and how the business is run. There is NO TIPPING at Nature's HealthFood Cafe. The workers there perform like you've tipped them all $100. My guess is that the place is as amazing to work at as it is to eat at. We went there on three occasions and received over the top help and accommodation. The staff all know the menu, ingredients, cooking processes, even original sources of most of the produce like the back of their hands AND they are EXCITED about it. We were offered samples of fresh squeezed pomegranate juice, we could pay for items out of the grocery side and sub them into our meals and smoothies. The Vegan Burrito plate is something special. The beans are fresh (not out of a can) soaked, cooked with amazing seasonings. We were given extra salsa. I didn't leave a grain of rice on my plate... We saw the same level of service and recognition of other customers as well. I now need to jump to the date shakes! There is some process by which they prepare and freeze these dates that I can not recall as my mind was already overflowed with information on pomegranates & bean preparation, but the result is spectacular. Don't leave without a date shake. We even were able to grab our favorite low fat Soy Delicious Ice Cream out of the freeze and buy it and sub it for a discount into the shake making it the perfect healthy vegan treat! I'd ride my bike here daily for that shake! Prices are great, too! I can't rave enough about Nature's Healthfood & Palm Springs in general and what a friendly and lasting impression they made on us. We'll be back and will let everyone else know!

Pros: Date Shake, Best Employees I've ever encountered, Quality & integrity in the ingredients
jrm212
jrm212

Good Basics

3 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2009

Not sure how high the quality is of their foods, however they have a pretty good menu for such a small cafe. And the other veg places weren't open early enough for us. Had breakfast here, delicious tofu scramble breakfast burrito and juices.

joebic
joebic

Great Location

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2008

We were staying at a Palm Springs Pet Friendly Hotels and a patron told us about this grat little place to eat.It's so good and next time I stay at a Palm Springs Resort I will be back....

Ladywaters
Ladywaters

Great place!

3 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2008

This place is just a short bike ride from downtown. We went here for breakfast twice during our stay. Both times we had the Tofu Scramble (which I believe was the only Vegan option for breakfast). One day it came with rice and the other day we got chips as a side. The burrito was very tasty and filling. The prices are a little high- for one burrito it was 6.50. The staff was really friendly and helpful. They do have non-breakfast items for vegetarians & vegans. They have about 12 vegan specials. They have sandwiches, soups, juices, smoothies, salads, and burgers.

Pros: friendly staff, tasty food!
Cons: pricey
tgoyak
tgoyak

The restaurant

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2008

The restaurant is actually called Nature's Cafe and it is 100% vegetarian with many vegan selections. The food is wonderful and just about the same as when it was cafe totonaka. The chef is very friendly and helpful and there are all types of food from breakfast to sandwiches to entrees. I would highly recommend this restaurant!!

Pros: vegan friendly, fast service, healthy selections
Cons: none!

Dear Owner and Manager of Nature's Health Food and Cafe:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Palm Springs page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/04/10