Nature's Food Market and...

Sells vegetarian, vegan, cilac, raw foods. Also a juice bar. more-less

First Review by glassesgirl79
NancyVera
NancyVera

Small But Strong

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

I am new to the vegan scene and this is by far the friendliest and most finely stocked little market in Bakersfield for a new Vegan like me.
Today I had some Vegan Raw Mighty Chocolate Nut-Seed Bars and a Vegan Turkey Sandwich, which will now serve as both my breakfast and lunch since the food and portions are so good here there's no need to order more one serving will do! Yum Yum YUM!!!!
The price is fair given the freshness of the food.

nonyabusnus
nonyabusnus

food only...slight medicine

3 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2011

I was looking for arnica ointment & they didn't carry it but did reccomend me to carr's which was down the street.

Very tiny store....normal looking cafe seemed like a good juice & smoothie bar.

Great friendly staff but. Tiny selection

Pros: friendly staff, they exist in bakersfield, willing to help find other store
Cons: i'm still really happy they're here, slight (almost no) homeopathic medicine, tiny selection
YELLOWFROG777
YELLOWFROG777

Great Place with Best Vegan Cheesecake

5 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2011

You have never had a better vegan cheesecake than here. I like the blueberry and raspberry and price is reasonable $5. Sandwiches are also tasty. This is the only vegetarian market in Bakersfield that I've found with vegan food. I am vegan when convenient and they make it easy to be. They added some cafe tables and the place is quaint. If you ever had a restaurant go out of business because you didn't visit it enough don't let this one. I've had 3 do just that and it's hard to lose good food. They are closed on Sabbath (Saturday)and Sunday so go during the week. Holly

Pros: Quint , Tasty Food, Vegan
Cons: Can get busy at times
glassesgirl79
glassesgirl79

Healthy food in Downtown Bakersfield

4 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2010

This is a wonder place to get homemade vegan sandwiches as well as raw desserts as well as vegetarian & vegan mainstays (cookies, veganaise, etc.).The store is family operated, staff are extremely friendly and they are open to customer requests for new items.This place is great because it caters to vegetarians, vegans, raw foodists as well as those with gluten allergies.

Pros: Can request speciality foods, Friendly staff, Excellent food
Cons: Location, A little pricey at times
  • YELLOWFROG777 YELLOWFROG777

They have a raw foods class. No you're not cooking in the raw, the food is. It's the 3rd Sunday of the month at 3pm. I went to one a year ago and am still making the maple dressing for my salads. It's a tangy dressing.

Dear Owner and Manager of Nature's Food Market and Juice Bar: