Nature's Food Market and Ju...

Sells vegetarian, vegan, cilac, raw foods. Also a juice bar. 2014 Relocated from 1918 G St to this larger space. more-less
Now Open

Mon-Thu 9:00am-6:00pm, Fri 9:00am-3:00pm

First Review by glassesgirl79
Toasty_Danzig
Toasty_Danzig

Delicious!

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2014

I stopped in the store after my college classes and was impressed that 98% of their selection is vegan friendly. They have a deli and smoothie bar in one half of the store with tables and everything, in the other half is a small variety of vegan and vegetarian foods (canned foods, tofu, vegan cheese, vegan chicken and sausages, ice cream, energy bars, Jell-O, spices, oatmeal, flour, organic honey and apple sauce, all kinds of stuff including a small shelf for vitamins). The service was great for me because I was greeted by most of the workers there who were young- my age and seemed pretty cool, and were also vegan or vegetarian, and were very knowledgeable in their products. The guy that helped me, Edgar, was incredibly friendly and helpful, and even gave me samples of smoothies and a delicious chicken salad sandwich.

Pros: Lots of vegan foods, Smoothie Bar and Deli in store, Open good hours
Cons: A bit too expensive, Parking sucks in downtown Bakersfield
nessywessy
nessywessy

yummy!!

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2014

This place makes such delicious smoothies and fresh juice. I love their wraps and my favorite dessert is their raw vegan chocolate nut bars. They are always so friendly and take time for you.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 21, 2014

Pros: Excellent food, Vegan foods, Raw foods
NancyVera
NancyVera

Small But Strong

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

I am new to the vegan scene and this is by far the friendliest and most finely stocked little market in Bakersfield for a new Vegan like me.
Today I had some Vegan Raw Mighty Chocolate Nut-Seed Bars and a Vegan Turkey Sandwich, which will now serve as both my breakfast and lunch since the food and portions are so good here there's no need to order more one serving will do! Yum Yum YUM!!!!
The price is fair given the freshness of the food.

nonyabusnus
nonyabusnus

food only...slight medicine

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2011

I was looking for arnica ointment & they didn't carry it but did reccomend me to carr's which was down the street.

Very tiny store....normal looking cafe seemed like a good juice & smoothie bar.

Great friendly staff but. Tiny selection

Pros: friendly staff, they exist in bakersfield, willing to help find other store
Cons: i'm still really happy they're here, slight (almost no) homeopathic medicine, tiny selection
YELLOWFROG777
YELLOWFROG777

Great Place with Best Vegan Cheesecake

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2011

You have never had a better vegan cheesecake than here. I like the blueberry and raspberry and price is reasonable $5. Sandwiches are also tasty. This is the only vegetarian market in Bakersfield that I've found with vegan food. I am vegan when convenient and they make it easy to be. They added some cafe tables and the place is quaint. If you ever had a restaurant go out of business because you didn't visit it enough don't let this one. I've had 3 do just that and it's hard to lose good food. They are closed on Sabbath (Saturday)and Sunday so go during the week. Holly

Pros: Quint , Tasty Food, Vegan
Cons: Can get busy at times
glassesgirl79
glassesgirl79

Healthy food in Downtown Bakersfield

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2010

This is a wonder place to get homemade vegan sandwiches as well as raw desserts as well as vegetarian & vegan mainstays (cookies, veganaise, etc.).The store is family operated, staff are extremely friendly and they are open to customer requests for new items.This place is great because it caters to vegetarians, vegans, raw foodists as well as those with gluten allergies.

Pros: Can request speciality foods, Friendly staff, Excellent food
Cons: Location, A little pricey at times
  • YELLOWFROG777 YELLOWFROG777

They have a raw foods class. No you're not cooking in the raw, the food is. It's the 3rd Sunday of the month at 3pm. I went to one a year ago and am still making the maple dressing for my salads. It's a tangy dressing.

Dear Owner and Manager of Nature's Food Market and Juice Bar: