CLOSED: Nature's Express

Vegan cafe restaurant and drive-thru serving food made from 100% plant based ingredients. Menu features breakfast burritos, burgers, specialty sandwiches including a chickn parmesan, sweet potato fries, smoothies, desserts, and more. Dining room open daily 10am-9pm, drive-thru open M-F 7am-10pm, Sa-Su 10am-10pm. Closed June 2011, as reported to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering
2905 S 4th Ave
Yuma, Arizona 85364
928-317-8300

Call for Hours

First Review by strawberryhedgehog

a vegan restaurant in the middle of nowhere

5 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2011

we were on a trip to tucson from san diego, spoilt from the evolution fast food restaurant we were curious about the differences from city to "countryside".
the nice thing about this one is that you can choose your patty, the bun and the sauces.... so it comes exactly the way you want. we had 2 different burgers with regular fries and sweet potatoe fries. very delicious and the service was very friendly too. there is plenty of seating. also with a drive thru. the atmosphere really was like at a fast food place. all the other things from the menu looked delicious on the other customers plate, but we were full already :)

Pros: choose you own

LOVE Nature's Express

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2010

It is so thrilling to have a vegan "fast-food" restaurant in Yuma. Great selection, excellent customer service, and knowledgeable staff. The owners are incredible people and do so much for the health of our community that I'd support Nature's Express even if the food wasn't fantastic! But it is.

Pros: Good value, excellent food, friendly staff

SOFT SERVE!

4 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2010

Seriously great ice cream, and it's soft serve! I got a swril cone and thought I'd died.

The bacon cheeze burger was the best food item I think.

Even better, after seeing us enjoy our food my very carnivorish father ordered something haha!

(and he liked it)

Pros: Fast Vegan Food, Helpful Staff, Softserve! :D
Cons: Smelled like burnt oil :(

Yum!

4 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2009

On our way to and from Phoenix we stoppped by Nature's Express. There is one in San Diego but this one had many more options! You can get smoothies, burgers, sandwiches, burritos, and so much more. The first stop I got an eggless sandwich, my husband got the burrito and a side of chicken strips. The second stop I got the nachos and my husband got the burger. The staff was friendly the food was fresh and yummy! The prices were actually cheaper than the one in San Diego. I'm glad that we can visit family and get great vegan food!

Pros: Friendly, tasty, reasonably priced

Just Wonderful !!!

5 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2009

My husband and I just completed the "Food for Life" cooking class on how to cook vegan and what foods are good for you and what foods are not. We'd already began eating a more healthy way but have chosen to become full on vegans.. Natures Express has some wonderful meals.. It's such a relief to go out to eat and NOT have to worry about what you are eating.. We love it and I highly recommend purchasing one of their loafs of bread.. The cranberry is wonderful... !! Can't say enough about this restaurant.. If you haven't tried it.. go.. And relax.. cause they've done all the work.. all you have to do is sit back and enjoy!!!

Pros: great food, great service, healthy reading material available

Vegan Oasis!

5 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2009

I'm an entertainer for county fairs, and having grown accustomed to relying on "vegan" Taco Bell bean burritos wherever I travel, stumbling upon this restaurant felt like a divine intervention. The sign Nature's Express caught my attention and I ventured in and sheepishly asked the man at the counter what on the menu was vegan. He replied, "Everything in this restaurant is free of animal products and animal-derived ingredients!" I was thrilled! In Yuma AZ of all places! And the food was absolutely excellent... tastewise, even better than Millennium in SF, and way better because you can fill up without having to mortgage your house. The sandwiches were delicious and the pizza, oh my gosh! My wife and I ended up eating there everyday and, since we brought some food from home, managed to avoid Taco Bell for all five days of the fair! On the last day I ordered an "all fruit smoothie" and was asked if I would like a scoop of ice cream in it! It was nirvana! The best part for me is that I got word that this summer they are opening a new restaurant in Oakland CA, which is right near where I live! It inspired me to join HappyCow and write my first review. I hope this restaurant can really spread, and become a giant chain. How the world would be such a big tiny bit better!

Pros: Excellent Food, Vegan Oasis, Drive-Thru too!
Cons: More expensive than Taco Bell, Not all over the U.S. yet!

Good Food

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2009

Great to have this Vegan place in Yuma, I was visiting and stopped in with a friend. I had a truly fresh juice, I watched the staff cut up the beets and carrots. Also had a super sloppy, and equally tasty chicken chipotle sandwich. Desert selection was limited the night I was there, and the key lime with granola was only so so. But definitely cool to get some fast food. I think it was entirely vegan.

Pros: Good value, quick, many options
Cons: casual dining, doesn't keep for long, eat it there

Vegan food! In YUMA!!!

5 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2008

I travel to Yuma about once a year to visit family. I was expecting the usual SAD food options but for once, I was pleasantly surprised! Nature's Express saved my facon -- delicious food, incredibly pleasant service, awesome choices. I had to find other things to complain about because for once my food needs were met! YAY!

Pros: Excellent food, All plant-based, Friendly staff
Cons: Closed holidays

Amazing

5 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2008

This place is awesome, I have taken all the guys I work with (huge meat eaters) either there or brought them food froim them and they all love it, we ate it for lunch for about two weeks... The BBQ "Chicken" and "Bacon Burger" are their favorites, try some apple juice with carrot and celery it is like nature's "crack".

Pros: Excellent Food, Reading material in dining area, friendly staff
Cons: none, none, none

Oh WoW!

5 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2008

Great food! Friendly service!

Try the BBQ "chicken" sandwich and the chilli "cheese" fries so very tasty.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, which has a wide variety of veg*n options, but nothing like this. Vegan fast food drive thru! What a great idea!

Pros: Great food, Very friendly, Lots of selection

So good it tastes unhealty

5 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2008

My family and myself recently enjoyed two meals at
Natures' express.
The food was excellent. It is nice to see
someone like the owner Carl taking this
bold step in offering vegetarian meals in this
format, like the drive thru.
I would love it if there were one of these in San
Diego.
We believe and hope this will catch on
nation wide as it could help those many who
need to change or modify their diet..

Pros: excellent food, good service, good priceing
Cons: Only one restaurant at this time

Most convenient & yummy vegan food in Yuma!!

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2008

I grew up in Yuma as a vegetarian with few options. I now live in the Phoenix area and went to visit Yuma expecting the usual limited options. Much to my surprise and delight I found Nature's Express! I can highly recommend the Ruben sandwich and the carrot cake is fabulous! I live on the outskirts of Phoenix and what I wouldn't give to have Nature's Express closer to home.

I am excited for my next visit to Yuma to go there again and I will be recommending all of my friends and family try them out.

Pros: All vegan food, Sustainable goals, Great taste & healthy alternative!
Cons: Inexperienced staff (just opened), Sweet Potato Fries were more like chips

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Nature's Express: