Nature's Corner Cafe and...

Serves meat, veg options available. Many of the meal dishes are organic. Casual atmosphere, everybody seems to know each other and new customers are equally welcome. The back half of the place is the organic and local foods grocery store that also sells beer and wine, bakery, and deli foods. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, American, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by HappyCowChix
jrm212
jrm212

A miracle in small-town Oregon!

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

In traveling up the coast last fall, we were desperate for some healthy vegan meal options. We oozed gratitude that this place existed. Green juices, muffins, home-cooked tempeh/veg stir-fry. As well as basic supplies from their store items. The woman working the counter was sooooo friendly and eager to help us. We decided to return the next morning for breakfast on our way out of town.

Pros: Friendly staff, Wide variety of vegan items, Convenient location
Cons: Not gourmet quality but good enough!
Soul2Soul Educare
Soul2Soul Educare

Poor Service with a Scowl

1 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

We found this place on Happy Cow and decided to check it out since it was the only organic cafe in town. We badly wanted some coffee and pie after our adrenaline pumping sand dune buggy ride at the Oregon sand dunes. We get to the counter, and the lady says that they don't have any coffee left. I said to her this is a coffee shop - shouldn't you have coffee at all times? Then she says rudely "Okay I guess we'll have to make some!". We ordered a rhubard pie and an apple strudel both of which tasted terrible. The rhubard pie had no sweetness (I guess they forgot to add sugar!) and the apple strudel was pasty and limp. The service sucked, the food sucked, the place sucked! Would not recommend this place to any one! We like to eat healthy but we would definitely skip this organic joint.

vegan frog
vegan frog

They need to learn about vegan diet

2 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2012

Disappointed. The menu looked promising and they seemed to know what they were talking about. Had a salad and veggie burger. They said the almond cheese was vegan but because I'd never had it before, I abstained. Then I noticed they were selling it in the mini shop so I checked. The almond cheese is not vegan, it made me wonder what they served me in my meal... WIll not go back.

Melissa S
Melissa S

Bad customer service!

1 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

I wanted to write you regarding my experience at this cafe on August 26th 2012. I have lived in Oregon for some time now and visit the coast almost every weekend. We have never had such a rude service experience. We entered the cafe in the afternoon. There were other customers eating. We approached the counter and while workers passed us numerous times, never taking our order. We waited over 6 min to be served. We we asked if we wanted beverages and ordered regular coffee. We were asked if we wanted Americanos. We said no and the woman tried to talk us into having Americanos. We again asked for regular coffee and pie. The woman complained a bit about having to make another pot of coffee for us, but finally agreed to. Then we said we wanted to order pie. Two women from a table approached from behind us. They were asked what they wanted and were served before us. They ordered the pie we wanted and it was the last piece. This was very rude. We were in line for over 10 minutes and these women were behind us and able to order before we did and took what we planned to order. Then we ordered carrot cake instead after mentioning we had wanted the pie and told, "oh that was the last one." No apology at all.

Then we got a lecture about how the carrot cake was cut too big and should be more than $3.50 as listed. We were not going to pay more than advertised. We asked to eat in and numerous times we were asked if we wanted it to-go. When the coffee was done the woman behind the counter took one of our cups out of my hand filled it and gave it to another customer, who had actually ordered an Americano! Then took the cream away from me and gave it to another customer.

We finally sat down to eat and all we heard is the staff members loudly complaining about wanting to close and go home and talking about locking the door while we were still eating. This was so rude. If they knew they were closing, which we didn't, when we arrived all they had to do was say, "sorry we are happy to serve you something to go, but we are closing at this time." We would have been happy to order and leave. Instead we were treated with rude horrible service. After hearing we were going to be locked in, we stopped eating and took our "to-go cups" of coffee and left. I am horrified by this service as the owner should be. People shouldn't be treated in this manner even if an establishment is closing soon.

We live in this state and will make sure to tell people not to go to this establishment.

HappyCowChix
HappyCowChix

Wonderful Food and Service!

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

I am gluten-free and I came across this wonderful restaurant in Florence, Oregon. They have so many different options besides gluten-free; vegan, or ovo/lacto, etc. Their hours are good and they also have a small store to get things to go. Bakery products were fantastic-good selection. I will definitely eat here again!!

Pros: selection, flavor, service
Cons: small

Dear Owner and Manager of Nature's Corner Cafe and Market: