Nature Vegetarian Restaurant

Vegan restaurant located in Chinatown. Serves vegan versions of Chinese cuisine. Offers inexpensive lunch special that includes soup, spring roll, tea, and rice. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by CeeDee
Tayo35
Tayo35

Best Fake Meat EVER...

5 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

I recently had lunch at this restaurant. The food was great and the service was very good. The flavor was amazing and there was so much to choose from. I'm definitely going back to this restaurant. I would highly recommend this restaurant to vegans and meat-eaters alike.

Pros: Great Flavor, 'meat substitutes' were very good, Great Prices
earthville
earthville

Diverse menu, good value

4 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

We enjoyed our first visit to Nature Vegetarian Restaurant.

The menu is extensive and varied, with both mock-meat and vegetable-oriented dishes. The sesame "chicken" was tasty and included plenty of broccoli. Brown rice is available.

The proprietor was visibly racing during our visit, but our waiter was relaxed, kind, and charming, which made our meal doubly enjoyable.

Prices are reasonable and the lunch specials offer good value.

Pros: all vegan, diverse menu, good value
tartarugafechada
tartarugafechada

Best vegan Chinese restaurant in the Bay

5 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2013

With Golden Era gone and Golden Lotus plagued by the smaller-portions-higher-prices syndrome, this is my new go to spot for Chinese food. The salt and pepper fried chicken is tremendous. The sweet and sour pork is the best in the Bay. And, as some reviewers have already noted, this spot is not overly Americanized. It reminds me of the now defunct Chinatown Buddha's Delight in Boston -- great traditional dishes without the dead animals. Awesome.

Pros: Free hot tea and vegan fortune cookies!, Cheap!, Salt and pepper fried chicken!
LollyDuRand
LollyDuRand

Typical Veg Asian Fare

4 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2012

Nature Vegetarian was good but surprisingly similar to many other vegetarian asian restaurants. They had faux beef and chicken options as well as some vegetable dishes.

The best part was that they offered vegan hot & sour soup.

Pros: full vegan menu, good, tasty dishes, very large portions
Cons: not too many all veggie options, no menu descriptions, no pictures
tinaisrad
tinaisrad

Traditional style chinese food

4 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2012

This place is not an americanized chinese restaurant. It has many dishes I had never heard of before. It was a great adventure. And like all veggie restaurants I felt very overwhelmed at the sheer number of choices on the menu. I did try a couple things I had never had before and enjoyed them.

Pros: inexpensive, huge menu, authentic chinese food
Cons: no fake chicken only beef and ham

CeeDee
CeeDee

Great Chinese food

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2012

Nature is a great Chinese restaurant. The food is wonderful, fresh and deliciously prepared. It has a large menu which includes dim sum and wonderful noodle soups. The owners make their own mock meats and they do a great job. Their food is superb!

I will go to this place again and again! However, on two of the four visits I have made they "dumbed" down the food for me, thinking I was not going to like the more traditional dishes with stronger flavors. Please be clear with your server about what you like and want or you might get very bland food and no mushrooms! The food is worth it for a little extra work!

Pros: Fresh and colorful, Deliciously, lovingly prepared, Good variety on menu
Cons: Servers make assumptions about diners

Dear Owner and Manager of Nature Vegetarian Restaurant: