CLOSED: Nature Home

Sell natural and organic health and super foods. Stocks wide range of gluten free, raw food and vegan products. Also carries some eco-friendly cleaning products. Will special order. Located on Maenam Walking Street next door to San Remo Pizza. Reported closed to HappyCow, Jan 2015. more-less
190 Moo 1, Maenam, Surat Thani
Koh Samui, Thailand 84330

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by solospangle
bekindtoothers
bekindtoothers
  • raw

RIP OFF !!

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2014

DO NOT DO ONE OF THEIR HOME DETOXES. I WAS RIPPED OFF. I PAID £240 FOR 2 BOXES OF VEGETABLES. WHEN I COMPLAINED, THEY DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW. ONCE THEY HAD MY MONEY THAT WAS THE END OF IT.

Pros: NONE
Cons: A BIG CON, MONEY GRABBING, UNSUPPORTIVE
  • TraceySaychanaphan TraceySaychanaphan

When I do a detox I order organic vegetables from the mainland which are bought and paid for BEFORE the detox starts. They are scheduled for delivery throughout the detox to ensure freshness. I make several trips of 10km to pick them up from the airport. Any unavailable veg I go through great lengths to source good quality veg which again is more time. I explain that once the detox starts there is no refund as most of the work is done pre detox. I also explain (which I did to this lady) that the first 3 days are the hardest as all the toxins are leaving your body. This lady booked a 14day detox. All the work was done, I supplied her with 2 weeks psyllium husk and bentonite clay and prepared the first two days juices , from a carefully planned balanced detox program,
    for her as this is how she chose to pick them up, every 2 days. She got the juices and then decided she didn't want to do it after half a day!!! I urged her to keep going as day 3-4 starts getting easier but she would not. She then expected 100% refund and for me to go out of pocket for all the 2 weeks organic vegetables!!! I gave her all the vegetables as they were delivered and a 10% ggod will refund. She was abusive and demanding and is now barred from my shop. I have done 32 detoxes for people and no-one has given up, everyone has completely finished and been very happy. Why on earth would you book a 14day and give up after half a day?

• bekindtoothers bekindtoothers

I was sick by the end of the first day, that's why I stopped. You told me I may feel a little queasy but it was worse than a little queasy. I asked if this detox would force my body into Ketosis condition and you said not. But it does. Eating no carbs pushes your body to a Ketosis state. Yes why would I pay for 2 weeks and stop after one day ?

I was given two boxes of rotting vegetables. There was no proof nor no receipts they were organic. Or from an area far away. We have organic veg in Samui. Even so, 2 boxes of veg do not cost £240.

Be kind to others.

• TraceySaychanaphan TraceySaychanaphan

You obviously have no idea of how much work goes in to preparing a detox! Have a look online and see how much 14day detoxes cost in Samui, I am cheap!!! You were pre-warned that once the detox was underway there is no refund. My detox is a carefully balanced program that has been successful in everyone but yourself. You Failed to mention of course that you waited a week to pick up the first box of vegetables as you thought I should pay for them!!! The remainder of them were fresh and excellent condition. They were from Pura Organic.
    You will be happy to know I am still doing successful detoxes and the shop is doing really well with a lot of satisfied regular customers, in fact you are the only person to not complete a detox, or have something bad to say since i opened two and a half years ago. I think that says it all in itself and that is all I have to say on the subject.

• bekindtoothers bekindtoothers

You only had to prepare the stuff for 1 day not 14, how much work can that be.

You have no idea about customer service. You say.... "Everybody else can do it, you can't. No help. No support. No refund. Goodbye".

Hmmm.

• TraceySaychanaphan TraceySaychanaphan

Where did you get those words from? I can't see them anywhere. Merely sating a fact that you are the only person to have any sort of complaint. As I said you obviously have no idea how much time and thought goes in to a detox, PRE detox work. You were aware of the terms and conditions before you started on your detox. You demanded a 100% refund and were quite happy for me to go out of pocket for all the vegetables, with no thought of the time and effort that had gone in to preparing the detox, making sure all nutrients were supplied from veg and fruit in season, shopping, airport runs etc etc.Hmmm

• bekindtoothers bekindtoothers

I did not demand a 100% refund. I asked you to be fair. I am not the kind of person you are trying to make me out to be.

I would never expect you to go out of pocket, as that is unreasonable, just be kind and considerate, and understand that I spent £240 and couldn't do it, as it made me ill.

If you would have gone 50/50 with me, that would have been fair.

• TraceySaychanaphan TraceySaychanaphan

You did demand a full refund and your exact words were that you didn't want the vegetables, that you had no use for them, knowing they had already been paid for. That is why you waited a week before you picked the first delivery up. No more to say on this. It's pointless.

• TraceySaychanaphan TraceySaychanaphan

ust for your information Fruits, Vegetables, and Leafy Greens are good sources of carbohydrates.
    A great benefit of getting your carbs from these foods, is that they contain most of the vitamins and minerals that serve as the body's building blocks.
    When you consume carbohydrates, particularly in vegetables and leafy greens, you get the maximum nutritional benefit. Vegetables and leafy greens contain complex carbohydrates that take longer to break down, so the sugars enter the blood stream at a nice, steady rate.
    This results in a more efficient absorption of nutrients and a more satisfied and full feeling after eating.
    Fruits contain more simple sugars, called fructose, which are absorbed quickly when they are in juice form - the fiber in the plant slows the absorption of the fructose.
    Getting your carbs from vegetables, leafy greens and fruits, also helps to keep your body pH slightly more alkaline, which helps to prevent illness. So I'm not sure where you got your information from that you were deprived of carbs on the day you drank your juices????

• bekindtoothers bekindtoothers

If you know so much then why was I sick? And why do many other people say the same? That they get the shakes?

• TraceySaychanaphan TraceySaychanaphan

You really didn't listen to anything I explained to you did you? I have explained to you more than once why the first 3 days are the hardest. The level of sickness you feel largely depends on how healthy your lifestyle is before you start the detox. Those who smoke, drink caffeine eg coffee etc, alcohol and eat unhealthily are going to feel worse than those who lead a healthy lifestyle. The first 3-4 days your toxins are leaving your body causing your body to feel the effects of this which may result in the feeling of sickness and tiredness. The more toxins in your body then the more you will feel it. I told you this numerous times now and it is all over the internet if you had any sense you would have looked that up if you didn't believe me. I see you have registered on this site as a raw foodist. I know you are not. I know many people who know you and you are not even a vegetarian. You registered on this site for one reason only - to bad mouth me. I am sorry to disappoint you but you have not succeeded in causing me or my business any problems at all. In all honesty you have just made yourself look stupid and spiteful.

• jayaj jayaj

I have not been on this site for quite some time and am surprised to see this thread. I did a 10 day detox with Nature Home in April 2014 and was very impressed. The juices were extremely nutritious and filling. I felt queasy on day 3 but I had already been informed what the causes are and this is extremely normal for any detox. If I hadn't felt off colour I would have wondered why as this is a good sign the body really is detoxing. I have never come across anyone who doesn't expect some sort of reaction to toxins leaving the body. I was given bentonite and psyllium to take separately and super food supplements in my juices. I felt fantastic after the 10days and my body felt nourished the whole time I was doing the detox. Tracey phoned me every evening to see how I was doing. A really good detox and not at all expensive if you look around at prices elsewhere. I am planning to do a 14day detox in November at Nature Home. I recommend it.

• NerinaMacDonald NerinaMacDonald

In response to the above..I have done 2 detox's with Nature Home Samui, and have had absolutely no problems. As the owner of Nature Home states most people feel tired and can also feel sick (depending on ones health and levels of toxicity) during the first few days of detox, this is completely normal and common knowledge. I was actually shopping in Nature Home the day that the above lady came to complain, and without being rude the lady did not look in great health and was somewhat overweight. Therefore I think the problems this lady was having with sickness was due to her state of well being and nothing to do with the Nature Home Detox. Most people decide to detox their bodies after doing extensive research on the effects and benefits of this major body cleanse. I therefore feel that it is rather unfair for someone to blame another for their physical and mental state on an internet forum. p.s. I would advise anyone going into detox for the first time to try a 3 or 5 day cleanse and not 14...

NerinaMacDonald
NerinaMacDonald

Nature Home

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2012

At last a decent and inexpensive Health Food shop on Koh Samui. I always had problems finding health foods on Koh Samui and would often have to wait for annual overseas trips to fill my bags up with all my necessary health food supplies. This worked out expensive and I always had to ensure that I was well stocked up. Now with the new Nature Home health food shop in Maenam I can buy my essentials as and when needed and also have the luxury of trying new products. The staff are very friendly and happy to help source any products that are not in store. Lucky Samuians, heres to better health.

Pros: large selection of health foods, new products arriving frequently, inexpensive
  • TraceySaychanaphan TraceySaychanaphan

Thank you for the positive feedback Mrs Nerina MacDonald!

Guest
Guest

Maca Powder and Nutritional Yeast

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

Now stocking Maca Powder and Nutritional Yeast but only a limited supply so hurry!!!

jayaj
jayaj
  • raw

Health Food and more in Thailand!

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

After reading a review on here I went to this shop. They stocked Maca powder and Nutritional Yeast which I haven't been able to find ANYWHERE! Amazing. Very helpful and not expensive. Great range of health products. I got raw Cacao and Moringa Powder too. Recommended place to shop. Very friendly.

Pros: Maca Powder!, Great stock, very friendly
  • TraceySaychanaphan TraceySaychanaphan

Thanks for the good review!!

solospangle
solospangle

Great Products

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

After trying to find a good range of health products at a reasonable price in Koh Samui and Thailand, I came upon NatureHome. There products that I hadspent a long time looking for. They even had Maca Powder! The owner was very helpful and sourced a couple of items for me that I wanted and now stock. I am so happy that I found this shop so locally.Much cheaper than anywhere else too.

Pros: Products, Prices, Service
  • TraceySaychanaphan TraceySaychanaphan

Thanks for the good review. I have managed to get a good stock of Maca powder and Nutritional yeast but I'm not sure how long it will last as it is hard to come by in Thailand!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Nature Home: