A small, natural and organic bakery and cafe. Besides baked goods and cakes it also offers sandwiches, coffee and drinks. Has gluten-free and vegan baked goods; uses honey in some pastries. Their lunch cafe is Cafe Fleminggatan in Stockholm. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Swedish, European, Bakery, Take-out
Stora Nygatan 6 (Tube: Gamla Stan)
Stockholm, Sweden 111 27
+46-8210086

Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-5:00pm

First Review by c h r i s t i n a

eravencroft
eravencroft

Insert Danish / pastry quip here

5 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2014

After having to say goodbye to Naturbageriet in Copenhagen, I wept vegan cinnamon roll frosting tears. That is until Naturbageriet Sattva came along and dried them with her tofu, spinach & pine nut quiches. One should make it a point to purchase one of everything they can possibly carry... Also, as most tourist itineraries find one attempting to seek out breakfast before 10-noon, Naturbageriet Sattva is the best, only, obvious choice for vegan sightseeing champions.

Pros: mostly vegan bakery, in Copenhagen AND Stockholm, open way before everything else
Cons: I'm not there now
Bumblebee
Bumblebee

Amazing little Bakery

5 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2014

I was in Stockholm for a conference and thanks to Happy Cow I found out about Naturbageriet Sattva. I had breakfast there every morning and bought something to take with me for lunch. I tried something different every day and everything was absolutely delicious. As mentioned in another comment: also the coffee is delicious...

MitziTant
MitziTant

best vegan bakery

5 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

We went there twice while we were in Stockholm because we loved if that much!
try their pear pecan pie and their poppy seed thingy (I forget what it's called :D)

Pros: great prices, delicious pastries, friendly staff
Papika
Papika

Good bakery with great value for money

4 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

Stockholm is a very expensive city. We visited it for 3 days and it was a pleasure to find Naturbageriet, a small and cozy bakery. Has a great location and competitive prices. You can order tasty and fresh cakes, with a lot of vegan options. Has an interesting variety of sweet and salted options. The staff is very friendly.
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 13, 2014

Pros: Vegan options, Location, Value for money
veganrobot
veganrobot

Completely Amazed Me!

5 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

I was eating at a nearby vegetarian buffet and heard about a bakery that had many vegan options. Naturbageriet Sattva was a complete surprise for me. I walked a long way to find it, and when I finally found it, I was kind of disappointed. It looked like a really boring natural bakery - which the name means basically - natural bakery purity (sattva = purity in sanskrit). The place was very minimal and the baked goods were in one small fridge. They looked really blah (like most Swedish desserts: flat, to the point). Since I walked the whole way there, I still loaded up on almost every vegan dessert anyway. I grabbed a cinnamon roll, cakes and cookies, everything. The lady was very nice. She was surprised we were not Swedish because she said every foreigner comes in with a massive backpack (probably all the vegan travelers on a trek from Happy Cow). She explained how an American Buddhist helped make some of the recipes. We walked out of there, packed the desserts away and didn't even try them until that night. To my surprise - they were AMAZING! They were to die for and I gobbled them up with our friend's parents. Lesson: Don't judge a dessert by it's boring exterior!

More of my Swedish vegan reviews: http://www.magasweran.com/blog/wp-admin/post.php?post=787&action=edit&message=6

Pros: AMAZING DESSERT, Nice staff
Cons: Boring looking exterior :)
Happymouse
Happymouse

Good

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

The christmas cookies (Speculatius) were reaally good! It was the only thing left because we came on a Saturday and right before he wanted to close. They're gluten-free und vegan. Yummy, still have some left.
Thanks for your work!!

Pros: Tasty, Price ok
Winterdragon
Winterdragon
  • herbivore

Wonderful vegan baked goods

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

An excellent place for a fika! Very cozy, has lots of vegan baked goods and lighter food, and interesting drinks. Try their humongous cinnamon rolls!

Pros: Tasty pastries, Friendly staff, Lots of vegan options
Cons: Limited opening-hours, Mighth run out of cinnamon rolls if late
thepianowindow
thepianowindow

The Best Vegan Bakery I've Ever Found!

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2013

I wish I had known about this bakery sooner. It's the most wonderful bakery in the world, especially for vegans-- 80% of their products are vegan! One man currently runs the shop and is there everyday, holiday or no holiday, because he has customers that come in everyday to buy from him. Honestly, I would do the same if I lived in the area. I was visiting Stockholm only for a short time and found this place at the end of my trip. I can't tell you how much I will miss it! The blueberry muffins are extraordinary, as are the spinach tofu savory pie, müsli cookie, and cinnamon roll pastry, which are all, of course, vegan. In addition, if you ask him to make you coffee, you will be rewarded with the most amazing coffee you probably can find in Stockholm. So, this bakery basically has everything you could ask for. I sincerely hope you will make an opportunity to visit this bakery because it is definitely worth your time. You will be greeted with a sincere smile from the man that runs the shop that will make your day, and it's easy to get to, since it's only a short walk into Old Town from Stockholm Central Station.

Pros: So many healthy vegan baked goods!, The food and coffee tastes amazing!, The man running the shop is so kind.
Cons: That I didn't find it sooner
Caryne
Caryne

Wonderful organic bakery with great vegan choice

5 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2013

This became our favourite place in a recent trip to Stockholm. Wonderful bakery with a great selection of bread, rolls, sweet and savoury pastries to take away or eat on the premises (there is a tiny seating area). Also makes great coffee. I cannot recommend this place enough, it is good value and there is a good range of mostly vegan sweet pastries, savouries and sandwiches that are all served by a very friendly staff and well labelled. Don't miss this place if you are a vegan craving pastries in Stockholm.

Pros: Mostly vgan, Good value, Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Small seating area
Poundie
Poundie

Organic baked goods

3 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2013

This is a small shop that sells pies, cookies, muffins, and breads with organic ingredients. They also sell some food items, as well as sandwiches, tea, and coffee. There is a small seating area, although for a real meal one would be much better going across the street to the Hermitage.

This is located in Gamla Stran.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 04, 2006

Pros: organic
Cons: small
jcberger
jcberger

AWESOME bakery w/ vegan Swedish pastries!

5 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

I am in love with this place. I visited for three days and went to the bakery at least once every day! Such awesome traditional Swedish baked goods and you would absolutely never know they were vegan!

The cinnamon rolls, poppy-seed danishes, pecan pie, and carrot cake were out of this world delicious. Even my non-vegan boyfriend loved the baked goods at Naturbageriet. I wish I was there longer so I could have tried more of their savory pastries and breads; they all looked so wonderful.

The cashier was extremely friendly and we had a nice long conversation with him.

I literally could not get enough of this place. I died and went to vegan pastry heaven. You MUST go if you're in Stockholm!

Pros: DELICIOUS pastries, traditional Swedish baked goods, reasonable prices
Qtea
Qtea

Delicious pastries

4 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2012

Go buy a kanelsnurra and an organic juice and take them with you to the closest park. Enjoy them with sunshine and a view over the beautiful city of Stockholm.

The pastries, pies and cookies are absolutely delicious. Honey is used in some Indian style desserts, but otherwise everything is vegan. Cinnamon rolls and "feta" pies were great!

Pros: organic ingredients used, glutein free products, early opening hours
sglcklch
sglcklch

Yummy baked goods

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

I tried their brownie and buckwheat muffin. Both were amazingly good! I had actually bought them from another store. Then I walked into this shop and found many same items that I'd seen elsewhere. I asked the guy working and apparently they do supply baked goods to health food stores all over the city. The majority of them are vegan; some are gluten-free; some are even made without added sugar. Prices were very reasonable too. This one is right in the center of the old town. It doesn't get better than that!

Pros: delicious products, location, good value
olia_m
olia_m

Good bread and pastry

5 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2012

Delicious bread and pastry baked with love and responsibility.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
c h r i s t i n a
c h r i s t i n a

Delicious!

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2008

I was so pleased to stumble across this cute bakery- mostly vegan, they serve beautiful pastries, carrot cake, muffins, pasties, breads- plus a shop with a great selection of organic and fair trade products. Friendly staff and very reasonable price. I would recommend the carrot cake!

Pros: Vegan!, Price.

Dear Owner and Manager of Naturbageriet: