This bakery makes both traditional as well as some vegan baked goods. Vegan suitable might include breads and rolls, marzipan cookies, cake, and banana muffin. Uses natural and some organic ingredients, and ingredients are listed for each product. JAN 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN. more-less
Istedgade 98 (Dannebrogsgade)
Copenhagen, Denmark 1650

Open Mon-Fri 7:00-17:30, Sat-Sun 7:00-16:00.

First Review by amurleopard42
jcberger
jcberger

AWESOME bakery w/ vegan Danish pastries!

5 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

I am in love with this place. I wish I could live in Copenhagen just so I could eat these pastries every day. I visited for three days and went to the bakery (and the other location) at least twice every day! Such awesome traditional Danish baked goods and you would absolutely never know they were vegan!

The kanelsnegl (cinnamon roll) was out of this world delicious. I also went crazy for the spiced banana pear cake and the apple cakes. Even my non-vegan boyfriend liked the baked goods at Naturbageriet better than the non-vegan baked goods around Copenhagen.

I literally could not get enough of this place. I died and went to vegan pastry heaven. You MUST go if you're in Copenhagen!

Pros: DELICIOUS pastries, traditional Danish baked goods, reasonable prices
amurleopard42
amurleopard42

Great for vegans

4 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2012

This branch seems to offer the same range as the Frederiksborggade branch, so I'll more or less repeat my review: This is a great place to shop for breakfast or picnic. They list ingredients for all items they sell -- in Danish, but staff appears helpful and willing to explain in English. So it's easy for vegans, diabetics, people with coeliac disease etc. to make their choice. The bakery sells bread, rolls, cake, pastry, and a small range of other organic food such as spreads, margarine, milk. Items I enjoyed: risboller (rice flour bread roll -- very tasty, even after two days), marcipanguf (marzipan tuck), bananmuffin (doesn't need translation ;-)), hindbærsnit (raspberry slice -- thin wholemeal base filled with raspberry jam and topped with pink icing).

There's only one "but": when we shopped there, the shop assistant suddenly tried to impose his philosophy of life on us, which included the dangers of tap water and homeopathy.

Pros: wide choice, detailed ingredient listings
Cons: unexpected esoteric experience

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Naturbageriet - Istedgade: