This bakery makes both traditional as well as some vegan baked goods like banana muffin, marzipan cookies, and cake. more-less
Frederiksborggade 29

mikea1985
mikea1985

Excellent vegan pastries!

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2014

My partner is vegan, so I was very happy to find this bakery so I could show off Danish culinary mastery. :-)
Conveniently located, we grabbed lunch/snacks from here on at least six occasions during a two week vacation.

The ingredients are all listed, although only in Danish. My partner quickly picked up which words to avoid though: mælk, fløde, smør, æg, honning (my partner eats honey if local though). Everything we got from there was excellent. Hindbærsnitter (raspberry cake with pink raspberry ising), Romkugler (chocolate rum balls), Thebirkes (a pastry with a sugary gooey centre), and much more.
One of the days we were there, the baker had even experimented with replacing the milk in the creme of the Spandauer (my favourite, and the kind that is often imitated abroad as a "Danish Pastry") with coconut milk; although the creme was a bit more runny than in a normal one, it was absolutely amazing. Possibly the best Spandauer I've ever had. My partner said it was the best thing they had tried from that bakery.

The bakery also has a few other goods. One day, we bought some vegan cheeze of a brand we didn't recognise; it wasn't good, it was basically just tofu... but that was the only disappointment that came out of our many visits.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 25, 2014

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Knowledgeable about their ingredients, Conveniently located near a transit hub
Cons: Labels only in Danish
ViktorijaGor
ViktorijaGor

Bakery, having vegan options

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2014

Nearly all the pastries they offer are vegan and gluten-free. Slightly bit higher priced. It's great that all the ingredients are listed.

In addition to that, they have a choice of vegan spreads, oils and other goodies in the store, which you can buy for relatively small money.

The bakery is nearly in the city center, at the center of Nørreport, about 3 minutes walk from the train and metro station, so it is really easy to find (just follow the main road).

However, the bakery also serves non-vegan products and sell milk products in the fridge.

Pros: A lot of vegan options, Easy to find
Cons: Slightly expensive
Marga Delila
Marga Delila

Cinnamon Rolls

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2014

Excellent cinnamon rolls, enjoyed them a lot. Cheap. Take away and cheap.

Pros: Take away, Price

Danishvegan
Danishvegan

Absolutely Devine!

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

Wonderful and delicious typical Danish pastries made vegan. Definitely a great place to visit if you're a vegan tourist looking to taste local specialties.

Barney Big Ears
Barney Big Ears

Honey??

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2014

Asked for vegan options but the clerk pointed to products which were clearly marked in Danish as having honey.

• eravencroft eravencroft

Hi Barney,
    I am visiting Copenhagen next month and read this bakery was closed (on Yelp.) Can you please confirm you were able to visit either location at Frederiksborggade 29 or Istedgade 98 and around what date? I would be most appreciative!
    Ezra

piffelina
piffelina

My favorite place to go for a snack!

Posted on 11 / 13 / 2013

I love this place. I have a sweet tooth, and this is somewhere I can always go for something sweet. Don't get too much at a time, like I usually do, because most of their things are really filling and heavy.

Pros: Always something vegan
Cons: Not all vegan, Wish they were open for longer hours
elllllle
elllllle

CINNAMON ROLLS

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

The cinnamon roll (kanel snegle) is the only thing I tasted here and I had it every day for breakfast during my stay in Copenhagen. It was amazing! Vegan and GF. Staff are helpful. Would have been perfect if they served coffee and had a couple of tables but I realise they are just a bakery not a cafe.

Littlething
Littlething

Delicious vegan pastries

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2013

Almost all of the pastries are vegan. The pastries are clearly labeled with all the ingredients, the labels are in Danish however the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. They also seem to offer some gluten-free and sugar-free pastries. They have a little shop section with some vegan products like plant based milk and chocolate spreads.

I went there twice during my five days in Copenhagen and tried the Chocolate Croissant, Raspberry Slice, three different kinds of Cinnamon Rolls (one GF with apples, one regular with apples and one without apples), Marzipan Cake, Oatmeal Cookie and the Banana Muffin and most of them were delicious!

The only thing that might be a con is that they don't offer any seating, a little table or maybe some chairs outside would have been nice.

I definitely recommend this place considering almost everything is vegan and it's also pretty cheap considering they bake with mostly organic ingredients. It's very central, close to Norreport station, and quite easy to find.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, helpful, knowledgeable staff, ingredients listings
Cons: Some seating would have been nice
Maryjbunny
Maryjbunny

awesome vegan options!

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2013

Lots of vegan cake and pastries, even a vegan chocolate croissant. Very tasty! Highly recommended if you are in the area.

vegankiwis
vegankiwis

Perfect!

Posted on 05 / 25 / 2013

Thanks Happy Cow for leading us to Naturbageriet! This is the place to visit for all your delicious vegan baking cravings. Almost 90% of the sweet baking is vegan, a couple of items have honey though so just check first.

We thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate croissant, apple cake, raspberry slice, banana muffin, and of course the cinnamon scroll. All of those are vegan and delicious!

Pros: Vegan baked goods!, knowledgeable staff , clearly labelled ingredients
jcberger
jcberger

AWESOME vegan bakery!

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

I am in love with this place. I wish I could live in Copenhagen just so I could eat these pastries every day. I visited for three days and went to the bakery at least twice every day! Such awesome traditional Danish baked goods and you would absolutely never know they were vegan!

The kanelsnegl (cinnamon roll) was out of this world delicious. I also went crazy for the spiced banana pear cake and the apple cakes. Even my non-vegan boyfriend liked the baked goods at Naturbageriet better than the non-vegan baked goods around Copenhagen.

I literally could not get enough of this place. I died and went to vegan pastry heaven. You MUST go if you're in Copenhagen!

Pros: DELICIOUS pastries, traditional Danish baked goods, reasonable prices
laurute
laurute

A must

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

We went there in our first day of holiday in Copenhagen and then came back everyday... maybe more than once a day... the choice is among a lot of different tasty cakes and the prices are very low for being vegan cakes and being in Copenhagen. To try are the pink cake and the chocolate one. It is also opened on sundays, perfect...

Pros: big choice, friendly, tasty
amurleopard42
amurleopard42

Great for vegans

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

This is a great place to shop for breakfast or picnic. They list ingredients for all items they sell -- in Danish, but staff appears helpful and willing to explain in Danish, English, or German. So it's easy for vegans, diabetics, people with coeliac disease etc. to make their choice. The bakery sells bread, rolls, cake, pastry, and a small range of other organic food such as spreads, margarine, milk. Items I enjoyed: risboller (rice flour bread roll -- very tasty, even after two days), marcipanguf (marzipan tuck), bananmuffin (doesn't need translation ;-)), hindbærsnit (raspberry slice -- thin wholemeal base filled with raspberry jam and topped with pink icing).

Pros: wide choice, detailed ingredient listings, helpful staff
hvor_poetisk
hvor_poetisk

Great!

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2012

Nice little bakery, great selection of different bread and cakes. My favorite part though, was the list of ingredients in every cake/bread. As mentioned by others, the bakery does also have a little selection of non-dairy milk, cereals and vegan chocolate spread and white chocolate made on rice milk. The last two things mentioned are rare in Denmark so it's great somebody sells it!

vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

amazing croissants and cinnamon buns

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

Yummy and reasonably priced bakery with Vegan chocolate croissants and cinnamon buns. Also has vegan chocolate spread.

veganbarista
veganbarista

AWESOME bakery for GF Vegans!

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2012

GREAT vegan bakery! I am gluten free as well and was very happy with the 9 or 10 G-F options available each day. The selection varies by what fresh that day, but on our trip I purchased the following Vegan-Gluten-free items: cinnamon roll, banana muffin, rye-flax breadsticks, and sweet and spicy carrot cake. Many more options for vegans who are not GF as well. Loved it so much I went back again the next day!

Pros: Many GF options
CheeseCake
CheeseCake

If you're in Copenhagen, you must try this place!

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2012

I ate one of the best sweets that i ever try in here! This one is the cinnamon roll, it's amazing.
I tried also a croissant with chocolate on the top, and it was tasty too.
I like this bakery because it has many vegan alternatives, like the sweets that I just mentioned and a lot of cakes and biscuits.
This shop has also an area where is possible to buy some organic products like soy and rice milk, muesli, chocolates, cereals etc.
The prices are pretty good so I definitely reccomend this place, expecially for vegans!

Pros: Variety of vegan sweets, Cinnamon rolls
ampallang
ampallang

the best treat in copenhagen

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2010

There are three locations of this bakery. They list all the ingreidents next to the item. They ahve vegan crossaints! cakes, cookies and breads. some items contain honey (honning, cream (fløde- creme) or milk (mælk)
But if you tell staff you are vegan and dont eat honey they can translate for you.
Recommendations!
Græskarkernebrød- pumpkinseed bread
Speltbrød m. frugt- speltbread with fruit
Fedtfattig banankage- banana cake
Hirsebolle: - millet balls
Croissant (med chokolade) with chocolate and without are both vegan!
Frøsnapper seed snap (i dont know the translation for it)
Kanelsnegl: - cinnamon roll
Grovthebirkes/ Thebirkes: sort of like a crossiant but only made in copenhagen, with poppy seeds.
Crunchy energikage: energy cake
Hindbærsnitte: raspberry slice
marcipanguf: almond slice (my favourite)
only in december Pebernødder- pepper nut cookies!

Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 20, 2010

Pros: variety, organic, open 7 days
Cons: use some animail products

Dear Owner and Manager of Naturbageriet: