Organic produce, deli, grocery, and non-veg food. more-less
4700 N University (Metro Center)
Peoria, Illinois 61614
309-692-4448

First Review by CowGirl56
AutumnWolf
AutumnWolf

Nice Store/Improve the Deli

3 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2011

I get certain products at Naturally Yours that I can't find anywhere else (Wayfare vegan cheese, etc) They have a nice variety of vegan foods in store and the deli offers vegetarian and vegan options. However they can be pretty expensive. It was almost $7 for a grilled cheese, and last time they gave me dairy cheese when I clearly said to use tofutti vegan cheese (which is an option) They even took a note of it, and then forgot. Anyway overall it's a nice store and I appreciate the variety and organic food. The deli area could use some improvement.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 02, 2011
Updated from previous review on Friday September 02, 2011

Pros: vegetarian/vegan friendly, variety
Cons: small deli, expensive

Great Food and Service

5 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2009

I travel between Peoria and Normal Illinois on a weekly basis. I eat at Naturally Yours deli in both locations and find their food to be excellant. They always have vegetarian and vegan soups and sandwiches. They also offer a variety of salads that are homemade and always are very good. The Normal store has a larger eating area as it is a much larger store but the quality is superb at both. I also enjoy shopping there as they offer Local produce as well as nationally certified organic products. Their local produce does not carry the organic certification but I know the farmers that raise a lot of their produce and they meet the standards of chemical and herbacide free and could be certified if they spent the money to do it.

If I have ever had a question on anything they have always been more than helpful. A great place to shop and eat. If you are interested in your health and what you are putting in your body it is the only place to shop in Central Illinois.

Pros: organic, vegan and vegetarian, high quality

Really Organic?

2 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2009

I know they claim to be organic, but how can an ordinary consumer at their store validate this? Some of the veggies have no "Certified Organic" tag or such markings. So, what guarantee does any person who shops at their store have that their produce is truly organic? Just wondering...

4urhealth
4urhealth

Good for me

5 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2008

I eat at Naturally Yours Deli at least once a week. I enjoy their homemade soups and sandwiches. It is always a friendly place to go. They always treat me as a friend and are always anxious to help. The store is a real life saver for me as we have celiac disease in our family and they are always looking for new products to help my family.

The store also carries the best selection of supplements I have ever seen in a health food store. The employees are always very helpful and I really appreciate the care they give me.

I also really appreciate the hundreds of items they offer in the bulk display. It saves me a lot of money and offers me a great alternative to buying only packaged product.

I have shopped at the store for over 12 years and have watched them grow and expand. They have suffered growing pains but certainly are the best in Peoria. The management staff has always been more than helpful to me in finding products that I am searching for.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, helpful
Cons: small deli
graphix1
graphix1

The Worst Sandwich Ever

1 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2008

On a recent visit to Peoria I stopped in at Naturally Yours, hoping for a healthy bite to eat from the deli. In 20 years of being a traveling vegetarian I've eaten a great many restaurant sandwiches. I'm sorry to say that Naturally Yours deli rates as one of the worst sandwiches that I've ever had and was a very low nutrition value for the price (I think it was $6.50).

A small chalkboard menu listed a vegan burger which sounded tasty. I ordered a Vegan Burger with onion, lettuce and mustard. The deli counter was not busy so I expected relatively quick service. A painful 20 minutes later I asked about the status of my sandwich. The counter gal peeked into the kitchen and replied that "the veggie burger takes longer to get fully heated since it is crisp and it would be right out" . A minute later I was served a cold, relatively drab, small burger on a small bun, with a tiny sliver of lettuce and a few shreds of red onion. They forgot to include mustard so I had to ask for it.

Pros: nice tables
Cons: small portions, low value, slow service

TofuGirl83
TofuGirl83

Nothing Special

2 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2008

I think there is potential there, but they need to put in some extra effort. I feel like nobody ever shops there. Products look like they aren't very fresh, bulk bins not kept up well. I bought a soy ice cream sandwich that was really freezer burnt. The staff wasn't very friendly or helpful. I tend to find better prices and selection at the local grocery store.

CowGirl56
CowGirl56

blah

1 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2008

I was disappointed. It wasn't like their commercial at all. I found this store to be extremely expensive, more than other non-chain health food stores. Also, they were selling expired products. I pointed out a frozen item that I noticed was months passed the expiration date, thinking I was doing them a favor but the cashier stumbled over telling me that it had been marked wrong by the company and I could talk to the manager if I wanted. I said "that's okay I wasn't buying it anyway" I felt bad for her that she was obviously put in an awkward position of lying to the customers by the management.

• CowGirl56 CowGirl56

This place also sells meat.

Dear Owner and Manager of Naturally Yours Grocery: