2014 relocated from 3801 Old Seward Hwy Ste A1 into a much larger space. Natural food market with deli. more-less
3680 Barrow St

Sarah P
Sarah P

Vegan salad bar oasis

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

Although not perfect, the Natural Pantry offers a great salad bar option for the area. A filling meal is expensive, and groceries are commensurate with the area. For a special splurge I like to load up at the salad bar and eat to my heart's content, though it's quite pricey to do that. The store offers a good selection of vegan products, though the deli selection is lacking for vegans. I love that the store is locally owned, as opposed to a big national chain offering similar options. Quinoa salad and brown rice were offered at the salad bar last time I was there, and a marinated tofu and lots of vegetables were available. The vegan soup was a bean tortilla soup, which didn't appeal to me on the day I was there. but people said it was good. All in all its exciting to partake in the salad bar, but it's a little lacking for a vegan, and very expensive.

Pros: Vegan salad bar choices!, Items clearly marked, Vegan soup choice
Cons: Expensive, Few, if any, vegan deli options, No vegan salad dressing
amandalkent
amandalkent

Mediocre Store

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2008

I do not expect a lot from Alaska, because it really just is so out of sync with the rest of the world.
If you are looking for your favorite items from down in the lower 48, you might find a few here.
It is extremely expensive, but that is to be expected. Normal food prices in Alaska are astronomical, so to shop at a specialty store will set you back some serious cash.
It is an all right store. I like that they are trying to bring this lifestyle to Alaska.
It certainly is better than nothing at all.

Dear Owner and Manager of Natural Pantry: