Vegetarian restaurant with vegan options. Has a view of Volcan Maderas, Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, International
Playa Santo Domingo (North End )
Ometepe, Nicaragua
+505-2569-4873
OPEN NOW

Mon-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm

First Review by fletchiekins
MO.MARIEL
MO.MARIEL

main course was ok, dessert was really nice

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2015

This place is a difficult to review.

On one hand the food didn't fully convince me. I had the day stew (it varies between lentils, chickpeas and split peas) with brwon rice, salad and home-made bread. Everything was very little seasoned. Luckily they had salt and a pepper mill, so I could add some flavor to the food. The home-made bread was nice. I also had a pineapple juice which was more ice than pineapple. Definitely have had better ones. The stuff wasn't well informed about the menu or what the ingredients were in some dishes. She told me the day stew was out of chickpeas when in fact it was out of lentils. I didn't mind because I like both but I was expecting chickpeas :D

On the other hand (who I belive is) the owner was really nice. She walked around giving some raw coconut to the clients and she new about veganism and told me that she specifically made the "brownies" vegan, so vegan people can enjoy them, too (:. I had a "brownie" (raw chocolate and coconut rasps) with a cup of coffee. It tasted really good, specially because I'd been craving some sweets lately.

If you're around I'd definitely go and try the place out. Maybe I just didn't pick the best option on the menu. I think it's great that there is a complete vegetarian restaurant on Ometepe Island and that the owner actually knows what vegan means.

Pros: location, vegan brownie, many options
Cons: little seasoning , juices - too much ice
fletchiekins
fletchiekins

Well worth a visit

Posted on 02 / 25 / 2013

The restaurant is located on the beach in Ometepe. I went here for just a drink the first time and the service was a tad sluggish however I decided to get the lentil stew there the next day. The service was still sluggish however no-one should be in a hurry for anything on this island and the food was delicious. I would have ventured here again had my stay been longer.

Dear Owner and Manager of Natural: