Organic fruits and vegetables, vitamins, and more. Also has a cafe that serves vegetarian and vegan options. more-less
209 Longview Dr
Bangor, Maine 04401
207-990-2646

First Review by Tom
rachellovesveganfood
rachellovesveganfood

Well Stocked, Locally Owned Natural Food Store

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2013

This is my favorite store. Ever.

The people working there are friendly and they recognize us when we're there.

The bulk section is extensive and extremely affordable. They have all sorts of vegan products that I don't even expect to find there. Sometimes I'll hear about a new product and not expect to find it in Bangor and then, one day, I'll randomly come across it at the Natural Living Center. I almost always find exactly what I need when I'm there.

I simply can't say enough.

LeslieLinder
LeslieLinder

the mothership for affordable supplies

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2013

the best vegan supplies in the greater bangor area. great bulk section. very affordable.

Pros: large bulk section, variety, new items added regularly
Cons: proponents of local meat/dairy
Ptjen
Ptjen

Great Store & cafe

Posted on 05 / 17 / 2010

Along with their groceries, don't miss their cafe. It's small but the food is delicious and healthy. Muffins are almost always vegan, they always have vegan options and don't miss their specialty lunch veggie sandwich! Fruit smoothies are delicious and they'll adapt them for you. The other day I asked for kale in my berry smoothie and they made it for me. They are very good about adding grocery items that customers ask for. Love the place!

Tom
Tom

Extensive

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2008

The NLC is one of the largest locally-owned natural food stores we've seen throughout the country. They carry 11 varieties of TVP ! Tofurky wraps are made and sold daily in the cafe, and there is always at least one vegan soup, sometimes both. Extensive selection of refrigerated and frozen veg items, Field Roast, Quorn, Tofurky, Tofutti, Sunshine burger, Amy's, Purely Decadent, etc. Large bulk section with numerous varieties of beans, rices, flours, grains, herbs, spices, dried fruits, granolas, etc. Decent ethnic grocery section, especially Asian and Indian products. As of this date at least 10 of the 20 or so staff are either vegan, vegetarian or borderline vegetarian, a pretty sizable representation.

Dear Owner and Manager of Natural Living Center: