CLOSED: Natural High Cafe

Serving lunch food at FreshMart Mon-Sat 11am-3pm. Veggie menu includes organic raw vegan entrees, salads, wraps, and smoothies. SHUT DOWN IN 2011. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out
Route 2, Km. 129.5, Rincon (border btwn Aguada and Aguadilla)
Puerto Rico, Caribbean 00677
787-882-2656

Open for lunch Mon-Sat 11am-3pm.

• Cash only

First Review by drm
mulberry
mulberry

Fabulous

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2009

Natural High is an oasis in western PR. The food is delicious and very reasonably priced, and the people are wonderfully friendly. They had the absolute best vegan cake I've ever had, anywhere, made with fresh local pineapple. I only wish they were open for breakfast and dinner too. Note: Though even their own website says they're in Rincón, they are actually now in Aguadilla.

Pros: Delicious food, Vegan, Friendly staff
Cons: Only open for lunch, paper plates and plastic forks
turbogirl
turbogirl

littler good

2 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2009

I like the service, the menu but the food need more flavor. thats true. Its only a good observation.

xnanyx
xnanyx

worst vegan restaurant ever

2 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2008

these other reviews must be out of their minds location is good and i found it cute and inviting when i got there but here are the cons no pros at all.
1. they didnt have everything on the menu when i tried to order they said they didnt have my choice.
2. its ridiculously overpriced
$$7 bucks for a no flavor hot frappe??
3.it took forever to get our meals
4. hello.. curry is supposed to be spicy not sweet even some turists were complaining
5. my meal wasnt warm it was cold and after about 3 bites we almost gagged
6. i get better hummus in walgreens 2/5.00 and i paid almost 9 bucks for a dolop of hummus and some veggies
7. and the bill oh my 65 dollars for the worst meal ever any one want a really really good healthy vegan and savory and delicious meal go to my house and ill cook!
well id really really would like to have my money back but too late me and my friends made a pact to never ever go back. asi que si and freshmart have good decent food anyways i should open my own reataurant i cook delicios. save your money and time dont eat at this restaurant you might as well buy groceries and cook it will be better than what you are going to get.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

THE BEST ON THE ISLAND!

5 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2008

The food and people are more than worth the trip here from San Juan, plus Rincon is a beautiful area (kind of like the Puerto Rican Riviera) We had the burrito and Mung beans, which were both fantastic, but the star of the show was the Raw Veggie Sushi!!! I keep looking at the picture I took of them wishing I could eat them every day!!!! Best I've had in my life! Also, they have amazing vegan cupcakes. Our navigation dropped us off in the middle of the town, but you really need to keep driving through and pass the gas station on your right and go around the bend and you'll see Natural High to your left! Its just such a great place with awesome staff!

Pros: sushi, english speaking, cupcakes
vegantraveler
vegantraveler

Informative Note From Natural High Cafe

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2008

I thought this might help if your traveling to PR:

We are in the NW corner of PR. Very quiet tranquil and rustic. Our town is famous for its coral reef snorkeling, and world class surfing, plus beautiful beaches and friendly small town feel. It takes about 2.5 hours to drive from San Juan, but we have local San Juan residents who actually drive out from San Juan just to eat here, because there is really no other restaurant like it on the island.

Most veg restaurants here are pretty starch, root vegetables over rice and meat substitute, and salads made with iceberg lettuce. We have a consortium of local organic farmers who grow all of our many greens. Most veg restaurants are also closed on Sundays. We are open 8 - 8 every day except Wednesday.

We hope to see you on our side of the island.

All the best,

Marilynn
  • non-vegetarian

Awesome!

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2008

This wonderful little restaurant was a rare find in Puerto Rico. The menu had Raw, Vegan, and Vegetarian items and everything we ordered was excellent. Don't miss the "Pumpkin Chocolate Chip" cupcakes!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff
drm
drm

Don't Miss

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2007

Good food, nice people. Took better care of us than the 10-star restaurant in our hotel. They make it a little less impossible to be a vegetarian in Puerto Rico.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Natural High Cafe: