Natural Grocers by Vitamin ...

Medium-size natural foods chain store with locations throughout the US. Has an extensive selection of vegan items and supplements. Has a small produce section. Bring your own shopping bags as they do not supply them. Located in the Glenwood Business District. more-less
9108 Metcalf Ave (W 83rd St )
Overland Park, Kansas 66212

BradKarthauser
BradKarthauser

Natural Grocer is Non-GMO, Organic Produce

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2013

At first I was leery because the name "Natural Grocer", being an advocate of Non-GMO, Organic Produce. I was surprised to learn that is the only produce the store offers. I was elated. Then I learned they offered their own bulk items prepackaged in conveniently sized bags for spices, nuts, seeds and grains--no more scoop handled by everyone or kids reaching into the bin, no bin! I appreciate the number of vegan offering, however there is plenty for omnivores who have not been assimilated into the green collective, yet. I have found the staff is friendly and helpful, and they will not follow you around if you want to be left alone.

Pros: Organic produce, Non-GMO, Prepackaged bulk items
Cons: Produce section could be larger, Needs exterior sign, "ORGANIC, non-GMO", Eat-In area could be more welcoming

Dear Owner and Manager of Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage: