Native Foods - Culver City

Culver City vegan restaurant that's part of the Native Foods brand, opened in Nov 2010. Offers an original menu of salads, veggie burgers, rice and noodle bowls, vegan desserts, chai with soymilk, organic coffee, and more. In-house tempeh and seitan (wheat meat). Order at the counter, and food is brought to your table. Parking on street or in the lot above Trader Joe's. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Fusion, Fast food, Catering, Take-out
9343 Culver Blvd (Venice Blvd)
Culver City, California 90232

starbeast
starbeast

So Delicious!

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

Native Foods is the love of my life. I love their burgers and chicken sandwich. The lavender lemonade is the best thing I've ever drank.

tina x
tina x

Nice, Vegan Comfort Food

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. The food is what we consider comfort or vegan junk food, especially the desserts. Their drinks are refreshing.

We have brought a few carnivores here, and they are satisfied. Prices are fair, and textures in the food are nice. Desserts are just okay, and have a gummy, pasty texture at times.

beetsrock
beetsrock

first-timer

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2014

I had heard so many wonderful things about Native Foods and when I finally had the opportunity to give it a try, it did not disappoint. Went for lunch and ordered the Rockin’ Moroccan Bowl with tofu. It was really difficult to choose. The food tasted fresh and healthy -- not a huge serving, but enough for a light lunch. Casual, family-friendly place.

Pros: healthy options, friendly staff, family-friendly

veganmafia
veganmafia
  • raw

Native foods-Culver City and Westwood

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2013

Love Native foods, the food is awesome and creatively inspired. Service is good, it definitely not a place you come to rush in and out of. Everything in the restaurant in vegan friendly and they have awesome pastries. Parking is horrible* I also will say that Native foods is not soy reliant. The nachos are awesome, the salads are huge, the chkn sandwich is huge. Kid menus are available too.

Pros: creative food, awesome pastries, friendly staff
Cons: horrible parking, a little pricey
brandalock
brandalock

Never Disappoints

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

My husband and I live a hlaf a mile from Native Foods and frequent it quite often. And I have to say it never dissapoints. He is what I like to call a "meat and potatos vegan" and his absolute favorite thing on the menu is the Oklahoma Burger. I am always up for any new items on the menu because they are always a delight.

We love ordering and eating outside (I'm not a fan of the whole cafeteria style seating that is all the rage in restaurants right now).

Pros: Wonderful food, Good prices for good protions, Great staff
Cons: Cafeteria seating indoors
VeganMarr
VeganMarr

Lots of outdoor seating & always great food!

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2013

Have always loved Native Foods, from when the first ones opened in Palm Springs & Palm Desert (sadly the latter is now closed). There are heaters outside for cool nights. All dishes taste yummy, smell delish, & look colorful. I like to get 2 mini greens salads & make a meal of them, with the yummy ranch dressing. It has lots of veggies in it. There are lots of rice bowls with veggies & optional tempeh, a Native Foods specialty. All the parfaits are great, ESPECIALLY the strawberry one (only avail. in summer), & the cupcakes happily have LOTS of frosting!! :-) Lots of great quotes & paintings on the walls, friendly staff.

Pros: great food, good prices, airy location
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven

Amazing

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

I visited here with my friend who lives in Vegas. She constantly raves about Native Foods so I was very excited to visit not only California but Native Foods. The food was amazing, the staff was great and the atmosphere was comfortable. We sat on the lovely little patio because my friend had her dog with her and they are happy to cater to the pooches as well. They have drinking bowls for them. The prices are inexpensive and the portions are huge!

Pros: delicious , all vegan, nice staff
sunface17
sunface17

great

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2013

Love this place.

Pros: vegan, selection, atmosphere
Cons: parking, a bit pricey
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great food, plenty of seating

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2012

Unlike the Westwood location, this site has plenty of seating, and parking isn't as bad.

Another great location of the Native Foods chain, which (in my opinion) is the 2nd best vegan restaurant in America. Foodswings in NYC is #1, but this is a close 2nd.

Go here, and then go back again. The food is incredibly delicious.

Pros: All-vegan, Plenty of parking, Lots of seating
Chia
Chia

Delicious food Great location

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Native Foods review.

I'm a long time fan of Native Foods. My husband and I usually go to the Westwood location. But now that there's a joint in Culver City, it's much easier for us to hop on the freeway and come here. Plus there's plenty of FREE parking above Trader Joe's across the street.

Recently, my daughter and I shared the batter fried chickn wings (served with a side of creamy ranch style dip) and some spiced native fries. Both YUM. I also got a twister wrap (blackened chickn with a spicy dressing and fresh veggies in a wrap) and the soup-of-the-day zucchini roasted tomato. Both DELISH.

This same space was former occupied by the much-missed vegan-friendly, macrobiotic M Cafe. But Native Foods rules. The new team has also changed up the decor a bit, creating a new vibe with lots of colorful chalkboard menus and displays and black table clothes. Nice and spacious inside and out. Definitely come for the food. It's highly addictive.

Kylie Bennett
Kylie Bennett

One of my favorite places to eat

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2012

I had heard about Native Foods Cafe through my cousin when I was living in the Bay Area and was desperate to try it. I got the chance the weekend I came down to look for apartments (by forcing my omnivorous friend to take me there) and I was hooked at first bite. We ordered the sweet potato taquitos (which I don't see on the menu anymore) to share and I ordered the Greek Gyro bowl. I was blown away by both. The taquitos were hot and crisp on the outside and smooth and sweet on the inside. The flavor and texture combo of my greek bowl was perfect. The peppered seitan along with the creamy hummus and crunchy veggies was seriously to die for.

Besides the food, the location is great, though parking can be a pain sometimes. The dining room is open and spacious plus they have a large outdoor patio with heaters (for those rare Southern CA chilly days).

Since moving to LA, I have come back to NF numerous times and have tried many menu items, none of which have disappointed. The staff is always extremely friendly even when the place is packed (which is often).

All in all, I would recommend Native Foods to vegans and omnivores alike. It's delicious and satisfying!

Pros: amazing food, friendly staff, all vegan
Cons: parking, can get crowded
Beth H
Beth H

Excellent Food and a Fabulous Chain

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2011

I have loved the food at Native Foods for awhile. I honestly haven't tried as many things as I would like here, because I tend to stick to some of my favorites, such as as the Rockin Moroccan bowl with chikn. So good. My husband often gets the Oklahoma Bacon Cheeseburger and loves that too. Besides the food, I love the way this chain operates. They have a members benefits card, where you can get free drinks and points to earn free meals. They also have daily specials. And seasonal specials. Get on their email list, because they tell you about special events and promotions they have going on. I recently went to a free cooking demo they had at this location. They flew in one of their head chefs, who did a cooking demo for several different dishes. Free samples and prizes given out too. So great and engaging. Really impressive!

Pros: Excellent Food, Well Run Chain, Great to bring Omni Friends
mars
mars

Great Food

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2011

There were 3 of us and we had to order quick. I ordered sweet potato fries [ok], chicken finger-y things [little spicy and fatty], meatball sandwich [very good], Reuben [excellent, everyone wanted to eat], peanut butter pudding thing [not that great], chocolate cupcake [ very good]. A little pricey, but great quality. We were dashing to and from a photo shoot, so we didn't get to really check life out.

Would definitely go back. Lavender Lemonade was great! Excellent service.

Pros: Good food, excellent service, Nice bustling cafe
Cons: Pricey, Avoid fried foods
faunablues
faunablues

good place!

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2011

I usually go to the Native Foods in Westwood, but decided to check out this new one. It's pretty spacious inside, and there's nice outside seating (where I was). The menu's not up on the wall like in Westwood, but they do have the daily sandwich specials up (same price to have a side included).
They have three fountain drinks with free refills - lavender lemonade, Native iced tea, and watermelon fresca.
I had the Chicken Run Ranch burger with lemon dill potato salad, and we shared the new hot wings (with ranch) and a peanut butter parfait. The sandwich is good (the "chicken" is pretty convincing, and crispy), and it comes with practically a mini-salad on the other half of the bun). The parfait is OMG DELICIOUS and very rich; it would be hard to finish by yourself, even though it's not too big. I actually like the regular chicken wings better than the hot wings (the sauce makes the batter soft instead of crispy).
I think it's a good value. The service was very quick (there was barely any waiting). The staff at the counter was nice and pretty helpful. I'd definitely go back. It has a very bright, fresh atmosphere. Parking was not difficult, unlike the Westwood location.

Pros: fresh, tasty, efficient
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Native Foods Culver City

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2011

I prefer this NF location over the other one. I dined here by myself and was entirely pleased with my meal and experience here. The waitress recommended I try the Ensalada Azteca, obviously a salad. While it was good overall, I wasn't in to some of the ingredients such as quinoa and mango lime - the dressing it came with was very tasty. The best thing on the menu is the bacon cheeseburger (it's pretty amazing), but something about the batter they use (for the pickles) is a little off. Overall Native Foods is definitely one of LA's top vegan places, be sure to go to this location.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

WOW what a turn around from the former Mcafe

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

This new native foods is so great I can't even remember the MCafe that used to be here! And its PACKED all the time! The beer selection is fantastic! Its so nice to be able to have a drink with a vegan meal!

Pros: beer and wine!
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Great new location

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2010

We were lucky enough to get tickets to the pre-opening party at this new location in Culver City. Native Foods took over the space that M Cafe previously had. The party was a series of time slots to have lunch or dinner. We had dinner and we could order anything off the menu. Fabulous! Our group of 4 ordered the Oklahoma Bacon Cheeseburger, Wasabi Bean Burger, Baja Surfs Tacos and the Greek Gyro Bowl. We each chose the potato salad side. We also got the Chicken Wings and Nachos as appetizers. It was all so yummy. And we topped it all off with cupcakes and parfait. We were so stuffed. Chef Tanya spoke with us and all the staff were so friendly and nice. The space is nice and open with outdoor seating. I hope this new location does well so that they can continue to expand! Go check it out once it opens tomorrow!

Pros: yummy comfort foods, friendly owner and staff, great location

Dear Owner and Manager of Native Foods - Culver City: