Native Foods - University Park

Quick service vegan restaurant chain originating from Southern California; this one opened May 2014. Offers a menu of salads, veggie burgers, rice and noodle bowls, vegan desserts, chai with soymilk, organic coffee, and more. Order at the counter. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fusion, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

pagescats
pagescats

Used to be so good!

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2015

We have been eating at Native Foods ever since it came to Colorado, even traveling to Boulder to get some great tasting vegan food. Unfortunately, things seem to be going downhill.

We went on a Thursday which is supposed to be Kids Eat Free days. I had 4 kids with me - 1 got an adult meal, 2 were supposed to get a free meal and then I pay for the last kid meal. They forgot and I was charged full price. When I went back to the cashier to find out why I didn't get my free meals she blamed it on me and said I was supposed to hand over my rewards card first to get the free meals. They always ask for it at the end.

We were happy to see that sides are now included with Entrees and kid meals except now the kid meals have zero vegetables. They all ordered the mac and cheese. It used to come with some broccoli and a piece of watermelon on the side plus a side if we ordered one. Now, we get the side but no broccoli or watermelon.

My favorite meal is the Twisted Twister wrap. I don't know what happened but there was no spicy flavor and no crispy tofu inside. It was very bland. Again, we appreciated that the meal now comes with a side dish - the steamed kale was good.

We also had dessert but we won't be doing that again. The cupcakes were rock hard and had no flavor. The frosting was solid and had a funky taste too it. We used to love the desserts at Natives.

Our once favorite restaurant has fallen to last place after this visit. Very disappointing since there are so few vegan restaurant choices

Pros: Easy to get too, Outdoor seating
Cons: Pricey, Not consistent
Stephaniew93
Stephaniew93

pretty good

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2015

Wide variety of vegan options. None of which are wonderful though. My recommendation is the baja blackened tacos, tempeh, steamed kale, and lavender lemonade. However all of the desserts were really good. Cool rewards program. Nice staff.

Pros: lots of parking , yum, rewards program
Cons: sometimes inconsistent food , nothing is great
jasonlheath
jasonlheath

Good Vegan Restaurant

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2014

Casual dining atmosphere and noisy at times. Wide variety and sizes of vegan meals at reasonable prices. Good flavour to all dishes and adequate serving sizes. Quick meal service, no mistakes. We went with non-vegan friends and would all go back.

Pros: Variety, Tasty, All Vegan
Cons: Limitted Seating

Guest
Guest

Good as Always!

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2014

This location is pretty much the same as the other location but seems to be a little less busy. Try the Crispy Avocado Chicken Sandwich, it was so good!

Pros: Tasty and affordable food
VeganDad
VeganDad

AweSOME!!!

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2014

I have been to Native Foods several times and am glad to have one so close to my home now. The food is great, you can get "healthy" or "pig-out" vegan fare. I have gone with vegans and non-vegans and all have enjoyed the food.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 28, 2014

Pros: Location, Selection, it's all vegan!, Specials often added
Cons: Be sure you like the spices used

Dear Owner and Manager of Native Foods - University Park: