Native Foods Cafe - Chicago...

Part of the Native Foods brand that originated in Southern California, this one opened Aug 2011. Offers a creative original menu that features salads, veggie burgers, rice and noodle bowls, vegan desserts, chai with soymilk, organic coffee, and more. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Fusion, Catering, Take-out

First Review by SynthVegan
Karebear
Karebear

One of My Favorite Restaurants

5 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

This location is right near the dojo where I take karate classes so I often go there for dinner afterwords. I have tried probably about half of what is on the menu and I've liked just about everything. My favorite dishes are probably the rock'n Moroccan bowl and the portabella and sausage burger. I know those things are quite different but it really depends on what I'm in the mood for as I often find the burger a bit too rich.

ieatmodestmouse
ieatmodestmouse

not impressed

3 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2012

i wanted to try it here because i have friends in cali that rave about native foods.
we got the soul bowl and the meatball sub. along with the strawberry shortcake dessert thing.
the soul bowl had decent flavor and was very filling. relatively good but the veggies were very over cooked. all in all, not bad. but not something i would crave.
i didn't try the meatball sub but my husband didn't like it. to me it looked like mainly bread and not a lot of fillings.
the strawberry shortcake was yummy. light and not overly sweet. would definitely eat that again!

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Native Foods

5 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2011

Well by now we all know Native Foods is a hit in Chicago. Tonight marks the first night of the soft opening (VIP dinner) of their second location (out of three) in Chicago. I'm attending the dinner tonight and will update my review accordingly tomorrow. I've already seen the location and can comment that it's in a hip area, footsteps from Belmont/Clark and footsteps from the Belmont Red Line stop. Be sure to stop by this location as soon as you can!

Dear Owner and Manager of Native Foods Cafe - Chicago Lakeview: