Quick service vegan restaurant chain originating from Southern California; this one opened Aug 2011.Offers a menu of fusion bowls, burgers and wraps, salads, desserts, chai with soymilk, organic coffee, and more. Order at the counter. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering, Fusion

AnnFromIllinois
AnnFromIllinois

great food and staff

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2015

Native Foods are always great. What sets this one apart is the helpfulness of the staff!

Pros: friendly staff, great food, choices for healthy or decadent
CourtneyM
CourtneyM

excellent

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2015

We went here the first night we were in town.
Even though it has the look of a fast food restaurant, the food is so much better than anything you would expect from a fast food joint. Really helpful and friendly staff too! They took the time to answer any questions and made sure we were enjoying our food.
We shared the wings and some tacos because we weren't super hungry at the time. Very fresh and tasty, I highly recommend the tacos if you are looking for something satisfying yet not too heavy, they really hit the spot.
Love the drinks too. A variety of unsweetened ice teas and fresh watermelon juice and lemonade all are bottomless. Hint: the green tea with just a pinch the lemonade is a winning combination.
Grabbed some cookies to go that I eat later, very convenient if you are traveling like we were. I liked the peanut butter one best.
We will definitely be back and overall I was pretty impressed with this chain!

Guest
Guest

Favorite Native Foods Location

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2014

This was the first native foods I ever went to. Out of all the native foods I've gone to this is still my favorite because the staff are awesome. The food is always amazing and it's hard to choose what to eat because everything looks so good!

Pros: Great staff, Awesome food

Karebear
Karebear

One of My Favorite Restaurants

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

This location is right near the dojo where I take karate classes so I often go there for dinner afterwords. I have tried probably about half of what is on the menu and I've liked just about everything. My favorite dishes are probably the rock'n Moroccan bowl and the portabella and sausage burger. I know those things are quite different but it really depends on what I'm in the mood for as I often find the burger a bit too rich.

ieatmodestmouse
ieatmodestmouse

not impressed

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2012

i wanted to try it here because i have friends in cali that rave about native foods.
we got the soul bowl and the meatball sub. along with the strawberry shortcake dessert thing.
the soul bowl had decent flavor and was very filling. relatively good but the veggies were very over cooked. all in all, not bad. but not something i would crave.
i didn't try the meatball sub but my husband didn't like it. to me it looked like mainly bread and not a lot of fillings.
the strawberry shortcake was yummy. light and not overly sweet. would definitely eat that again!

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Native Foods

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2011

Well by now we all know Native Foods is a hit in Chicago. Tonight marks the first night of the soft opening (VIP dinner) of their second location (out of three) in Chicago. I'm attending the dinner tonight and will update my review accordingly tomorrow. I've already seen the location and can comment that it's in a hip area, footsteps from Belmont/Clark and footsteps from the Belmont Red Line stop. Be sure to stop by this location as soon as you can!

Dear Owner and Manager of Native Foods - Lakeview: