Native Foods - Aliso Viego

Chain of vegan restaurants. Offers a menu of sandwiches, veggie burgers, bowls, salads, kids' menu. Order at the counter and food is brought to your table. Small interior, with covered patio seating, lot parking. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fusion, Fast food, Take-out
26705 Aliso Creek Rd (next to Edwards Theater, Orange County)
Aliso Viejo, California 92656

K18reece
K18reece

Great!

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

Amazing location with lots of shops that are organic and earthy. Food is so good, I bought the cook book :)

Moneyz
Moneyz

Yum!

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2014

This place is located in a gorgeous area of California. The food was really good, I had the ranch chicken burger, the faux chicken was spot on. I took my non-vegan friend and he liked that dish too. The curry bowl was also delish, however my non-veg friend did not like that dish. I think all the kale scared him off. I loved the food, but I would recommend being wary of what your non-veg friends order.

Pros: yummy food! , quick service, in a fantastic area
Cons: small
barbarienne
barbarienne

Always Wonderful

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

I've never, ever had a bad experience with this place. Really friendly staff, fast and helpful service, and the food is always delicious. I have nothing bad to say about this!

Pros: Fast, Friendly, Yummy!

ecismstar
ecismstar

friendly helpful service

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2012

Went here late on a Sunday evening expecting so so service. Met with friendly front counter guy. He made lots of suggestions and was quite helpful. We never eat out because its difficult to find low fat vegan options (not salad). This place was no exception but we decided to splurge. The food was very tasty but appeared to be reheated for our order and could've been a lot hotter for better food taste.

Pros: yummy, friendly
Cons: not low fat, temperature control
Chia
Chia

Flavorful food

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and ate here in June 2012. Here's my Native Foods review.

The inside of this Aliso Viejo vegan cafe is rather small, but it does offer plenty of outdoor seating in front that's covered and has a nice view of the water fountain on the plaza premise (same plaza as the Edwards Cinema and many other shops).

The menu is the same as other Native Food restaurants. The day's special was a barbeque seitan burger with choice of side for $10. We got the fries to go with that. It's very saucey, a bit too much for me personally, but my friend liked it. The seitan was tender, and that's always a plus.

Everything is vegan.

Rich Revell
Rich Revell

One of my go-to places when traveling

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

Good choice for a vegan lunch or dinner with multiple locations in So. Calif. and now in Chicago, Portland and Colorado.

Pros: All vegan, Fast food , Large menu
Steve Shoe
Steve Shoe

Need more chain restaurants like this one

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2011

Cool little place. You'd never know it is part of a chain. I hope they expand more. It would be so cool to find their great food in other states!

Pros: food, casual atmosphere
Cons: none
TiffanyRobin
TiffanyRobin

Amazing!

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2011

My husband and I are from Atlanta, but we have been using Happy Cow to help us find great vegan restaurants to try while we visit California. The food was amazing at this Native Food location. My husband had tacos, and I had the super meatball sub. You can tell these recipes were created by a chef because the flavors were wonderful. The staff was beyond pleasant. All in all, one of the best restaurants we have eaten at so far. We are going to try to go to other locations before we leave because of the amazing food and service we had today. Also, make sure to try their lavendar lemonade!

Pros: Food, Service
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

same yummy food

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2010

This was my first time at this location, but I have been to Native Foods many times before and the food never disappoints regardless of location. This location is also order at the counter and take a number. The inside area is relatively small, but well laid out. There's an outdoor patio as well where I sat. I ordered one of my favorites, the Oklahoma Bacon cheeseburger, with a side of sweet potato fries and a watermelon drink. The food came out quickly. I also asked for a side of ranch...no problem. Native Foods is always a winner in my book, so if you haven't tried it yet, GO!

Pros: comfort food, always good, easy parking
Mandy13
Mandy13

Gotta try the "chicken" wraps

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2010

This is the first 100% vegan restraunt I've been to. I really wish there were more like this where I live. I had their "chicken" wrap with fries. So good, it makes my mouth water thinking about it.

Pros: Organic, Yummy chipotle sause
Karen Marshall
Karen Marshall

delicious

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2010

My favorite restaurant. Everything is as organic as possible which is important to me. Very friendly staff. My favorites are, Vegie Quesadilla, Ensalada Azteca, and the Baja Surf Tacos.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, normal size portions
Demiseborn
Demiseborn

Prepare for flavor domination.

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2009

This is the one restaurant that I can always count on. I used to eat at the Costa Mesa location often but now that this one opened by my house I need to eat there at least once a week. Everything is good. You will definitely like whatever you get. If you're not sure just ask one of the staff and they'll give you a great recommendation. Wings w/ranch, shakes, burgers, tacos, and the almighty chipotle sauce. Accept no imitations, (you know who you are) this is the real deal. BEST FOOD EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros: unbeatable food, cool staff, True belief in the food they are serving
Cons: no jalapeno poppers
Grugular
Grugular

...and still the undisputed champion

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2009

What can I say about Native Foods except for total domination. I eat there at least once a week and it has never been anything short of perfect. I recommend anything on the handhold menu as I can't seem to stray away from sandwiches often. What's awesome about this place is that it is not dominated by soy alone. I love the portobello burger and baja surf tacos. Make sure to get the wings and if you aren't completely stuffed get an oreo cookie shake to go.

Pros: total, and complete, domination!
Calvegmami
Calvegmami

Vegan Paradise!!

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2008

I absolutely love the Native foods in AV. The service is always excellent. The cashiers are friendly and informed. This restaurant has a nice atmosphere. I wasn't impressed with the Native in Costa Mesa but this place is the BEST. Most items cost $8-10 which is decent for veg food. My favorites are the Chicken Run Ranch burger, tacos, chili cheese fries and the wings. The nice thing is that the food is filling, vegan, and actually tastes like something. I recommend it to everyone in the area. I've been able to bring several of my non veg friends and family members repeated here. There isn't much indoor seating but they also have a patio.

Pros: food, service, quality
Cons: not enough indoor seating, its addicting - =o)

Dear Owner and Manager of Native Foods - Aliso Viego: