Natasha's Bistro and Bar

Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegetarian selections like hummus, Greek salads, and ratatouille spinach pesto pizza. Formerly named "Natasha's Bistro." Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
112 Esplanade (downtown)
Lexington, Kentucky 40507
859-259-2754

Open 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat until 11pm, closed Sun.

First Review by keillorandel

God Help the Vegs

1 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2014

I've been to Natasha's quite a few times with friends and literally the only thing I am ever able to eat is one of their salads without the meat and cheese, or fries. Vegan options are practically unheard of. Great atmosphere, just not great for Lexington vegans.

Pros: atmosphere
Cons: nothing for vegans

Transformations are in the Works

3 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2009

I read recently that this place has a new chef (Nov 2009) so it will be interesting to see how it adapts. She is famous for a pot pie so I plan to try that soon. In the years I have lived in Lex this place seems to have been through several transformations. It is a central location downtown with part of the business a shop with ecclectic international goods and the other half a cafe. Park in the library garage and walk over. It is easier than finding on street parking. There have been times when the food has been incredibly good (their mushroom stew is divine, cappuccino milkshakes a creamy heaven, cheese blintzes are amazing) and everything has been perfect from service to atmosphere. And then there were nights when big shards of pottery were in my undercooked stew, lipstick stains from a previous customer on my glass, and we waited twenty minutes for a glass of water and again for the check from a waiter who acted as though we had personally insulted him in a past life. When it is good it is very good and when it is bad it seems everything goes wrong. It is also rather pricy- quite a bit more than similar establishments nearby. It is expensive enough to almost put it in the category with places like Metropol or Jonathans and yet the quality is not up to that level.

Pros: food can be great
Cons: pricy, sporadic quality

Dear Owner and Manager of Natasha's Bistro and Bar :