Vegetarian Indian food. Address in Japanese: 東京都中央区銀座6-9-4. Offers a special vegan dinner every Monday (for Meat free Mondays) in all of its branches and also offers a savings of 10% discount if you make a reservation for the dinner. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian
Ginza Kosaka bldg 7-9F, 6-9-4 Ginza, Chuo-ku (Subway Ginza station A2 exit Step 1 minute)
Tokyo, Japan
03-55371515

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Veganfriend
eatinggreen
eatinggreen

Mostly good, but too much oil

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

We generally agree with all the positive reviews on Nataraj so won't go into the details too much here. The taste profiles are nice, the menu is sizable and vegan-friendly, the service is relatively friendly (a bit on the cold side, but polite) and the ambiance is pleasant enough despite the absence of any windows.

Our main build-on relates to the energy of the food. We've eaten here (and in other branches) countless times and one thing's certain, we never fail to feel tired the next day. Our guess is that it's the large quantity of oil they use.. even though it is apparently high quality healthy oil, in the end it is still oil. Indian food usually energizes us immensely, but unfortunately not this Indian food. We thus avoid it when we have anything important on the next day. Just FYI :)

Their cookbook is worth picking up by the way. We sometimes make some of their recipes at home, only we cut the oil content by close to 10x and use our own oil.

Pros: Vast menu, Organic, with vegan options, Great taste profiles
Cons: Not energizing food - too much oil?, Not cheap either
FangedHare
FangedHare
  • raw

Best lunch value in Tokyo

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2014

I recently stopped by here for lunch while in Ginza, and was astonished at how good the food was. And incredibly reasonable, especially close to the heart of Ginza!

When I went, three of the lunch curries were vegan, the fourth was vegetarian (just some milk in it). All were totally delicious. The rest of the buffet is basic but also great (especially the vegan naan, my favorite).

The atmosphere is also very nice, as were the staff.

To me, it seems that complaints about lack of view, etc. are a bit silly and reaching. Most restaurants in Ginza will be similar in this respect, and be more expensive by far. And those with the great views will put holes in your wallet you'll feel for years. I thought the restaurant's atmosphere is really nice.

It's hard to find vegan food that is this good in Tokyo. Let alone this reasonably (for lunch). Loved this place.

Pros: Lunch buffet price very reasonable, Good location, Ginza, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Dinner can be pricy (normal for Ginza)
walter007
walter007

Lil india in Ginza

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2014

Love the ambience.
Vegan menu avalaible n printed in english.
Staff speak good english and friendly.
If you are bored with japanese veg cuisine, this is the best place for a change of taste.

Pros: Indian decor
Cons: a bit costly (due to location at Ginza)

LeslieGee
LeslieGee

Vegan Indian in Tokyo

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

This location had several vegan sets on the menu - which was in English. All dishes with dairy were marked clearly. My waiter spoke English also, a plus! The food was delicious & plentiful. The vegan tapioca dessert was a delight!

The decor was bright and clean. The fountain provided a pleasant auditory background to the meal.

MidnightSun112
MidnightSun112

fantastic lunch spot, very vegan-friendly

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

I've been going to Nataraj for their lunch buffet for years and it keeps getting better. I visited today and they have added a vegan dessert option to their very reasonable 1100yen lunch buffet. They also offer vegan naan with the buffet and at least 3 of the 4 daily curries are vegan. Easy to find and a great location, I highly recommend it for lunch.

Pros: cheapest vegan-friendly buffet in Tokyo, quality food, large variety
Cons: dinner is kind of expensive
rjbass
rjbass

Delicious!

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2012

I've been looking for a fully vegetarian, Indian restaurant in Tokyo for a while and glad to find this place. The food was great and the staff are very friendly.

The only downside for me is that dinner is a little expensive. Although, I'll definitely come back.

Pros: Delicious!, Staff are very nice.
Cons: A little expensive...but that's Ginza.

Almost perfect

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2011

A fully vegetarian restaurant in the heart of Ginza, Tokyo? Surely not! But it is true. The Ginza branch is housed in a narrow building a short walk from the station. There are two or three floors availably for dining. Decor is Indian.

The first time I went, I went alone and enjoyed a number of dishes. Food was perfect and service excellent. That said, it was a tad expensive.

The next time I went was with family and friends. We enjoyed the buffet lunch (all you can eat) which came out very affordable. With four curries, rice, naan and dessert, not bad at all. My eldest son loved the saffron rice and ate a bucket of the milk dessert!

That said, it is odd that there are no South Indian dishes on the menu. I mean with all the diverse curries (tamarind, buttermilk) dosai (fermented rice/bean crepe), ottopam and mind boggling array of chutneys, pickles and soups of South Indian cuisine, who could go wrong?

Oh well, great place nonetheless.

Pros: Diverse menu, good service, lunch time buffet
Cons: Ordering seperate dishes expensive, What? No south Indian food?
TAS
TAS

very good food, nice atmosphere

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2009

this place had very good food in a very nice atmosphere
they did accept credit cards

Zwhale
Zwhale

So good we went twice!

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2009

First off I must confess to being a passionate Indian food lover. And here the Indian food was great. It was very tastey but here's the best part, not too greasey or heavy. Sometimes Indian curries in the UK can be so heavy - perhaps too much ghee for my stomach. But no such problems here. Simply deilcious food. The menu was in English and the staff spoke English too. Mmm, I could just eat another now for my lunch! Shame I am now thousands of miles away...
My only slight disappointment is that despite being on the 7th floor there are no windows so great views of Ginza, whilst you are eating, are absent. It's on the wrong side of the building for Ginza views.

Pros: Light (for a curry!), English spoken, Location
Cons: No windows
HannahP96
HannahP96

Good food but very expensive

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2009

We had a very nice post-theater dinner at Nataraj--they have excellent vegan dishes (loved the ones with gluten/seitan), and the portions were good-sized. The atmosphere was very pleasant. My only complaint is the cost--dinner was 8,100 yen for three people.

Pros: Good variety, Excellent flavor, Pleasant atmosphere
Cons: Expensive
backpasher
backpasher

Awesome Indian food

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2008

We really loved this place - the food was top quality and the service was great. The setting was really lovely too.

It was a little expensive though. I think we paid 6000yen between us, which is considerably more than I'm used to paying at an Indian restaurant, though it was smack bang in the middle of Ginza and a pretty classy place, so I guess it's to be expected.

I will defintely visit this place next time I'm in Tokyo.

Veganfriend
Veganfriend
  • non-vegetarian

Pretty good

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2007

The food is kind of expensive and the atmosphere is very fancy so we felt a little out of place. There weren't that many vegan options, but overall the food was good.

Pros: good food, nice staff, english menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Nataraj - Chuo-ku: