Narayanni's

Serves meat, veg options available. South African Indian cuisine in a casual fine setting. Uses organic and local ingredients; no dairy in the sauces, so the vegetarian items are also vegan suitable. Tuesday is an inexpensive vegan night where the buffet features all vegan appetizers, salads, main entrees, and desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, African Indian, International, Buffet, Non-veg

First Review by Profound_Raincloud
Petesternz
Petesternz

VERY IMPRESSIVE

4 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2014

Despite living in Edmonton, this was my first time coming to Narayanni's, and I have no idea why I waited so long. It was delightful. This is a restaurant that is ill-served by Happy Cow's silly decision to limit meat serving restaurants to four cows. I don't get that. Narayanni's is 90% vegan. I went to their buffet last night - they only do buffets, no menus ever - and there were 20 dishes on offer. 14 of them were vegan, and that's apparently common. There are no vegetarian dishes, aside from one salad with cheese, and some desserts. Everything is vegan or meat, but as I said, it's more vegan than non-vegan, which makes this a "vegan" restaurant (or close enough of one) to me. The owners are lovely, and understand vegan. The food is delicious. Very nice Indian, well spiced, and interesting. Fresh. The place is clean, well decorated. Overall, a real gem. I'd love to give it 5 cows, but alas, because of Happy Cow, I can't.

Annabel09
Annabel09

Delicious!

4 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

I am totally impressed with this restaurant's vegan buffet, it is every Tuesday (if I remember correctly) and you can actually eat everything at the buffet, right down to the desserts and yogurty looking sauces!

I really have nothing much to add! The quality, service, cleanliness, selection and prices were all top-notch!

Pros: Selection, Quality, Service
badoscar
badoscar

Absolutley amazing

4 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

My wife and myself have been frequenting Narayanni's for a while now. The food and overall flavor of everything they make is so amazing. We have never been let down. The service is wonderful, the owners are extremely attentive, and very customer oriented. Go a couple times and you really feel like family.

Pros: Always vegan options, Always fresh, Vegan desserts as well
Profound_Raincloud
Profound_Raincloud

South African Indian

4 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2012

This restaurant is a great twist on traditional Indian food! It was excellent food with new dishes that I had never had anywhere before and the tastes that were inflicted on my taste buds were a whole new world of wonder. I enjoyed this buffet but found it a bit pricey for a Veg*n. I liked that all the dishes that did not have meat were vegan and there were lots of vegan options.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food, Buffet
Cons: Expensive, Serves Meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Narayanni's: