Vegan restaurant in the city centre. Serves burgers, hot dogs, sweets, and in-house baked goods. Uses only organic whole grain flours for sandwiches, and organic fair-trade beverages and coffee. Entirely low-consumption designed with LED lights and all crockery and packaging is compostable. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Italian, Western, Organic, Bakery, Fast food

tatjanabanana
tatjanabanana

Unexpected

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2014

Stumbled upon this place while staying in Lucca, it was a surprise because I hadn't bothered checking happycow to see if there was anything near me, I just assumed because it was a small town that no way would there be a vegan cafe! great location in town, only about 1 minute walk from where we were staying which made it handy. Over the week I was staying there I tried the cheeseburger, the kebab, a pastry thing with cream in the middle (don't know what it was called) and a chocolate tart. All was delicious, especially the tart! however my only disappointment was the kebab was 5,50€ (Which is good price for the size) however it wasn't very big. I wouldn't not mind paying extra to get a normal sized kebab to fill me up for lunch, and it was delicious so I really would have liked more. Also they had a lot of fresh food out ready for people to chose from but nothing covering it and there were a few flies landing on it so maybe getting something to cover the food but customers can still see it would be good.

Pros: Everything was vegan., Nice staff
Cons: Nothing covering the food, Small meals
plexi32
plexi32

Best Vegan Burger in Tuscany

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

If you are in Lucca or in the area you should definitely pay this place a visit!
We went to a lot of vegan restaurants and bistros in Tuscany but this one had by far the best vegan burgers and the tastiest pastry! The dishes are absolutely worth their money although compared to other places the prices are very low especially when considered the extremely good taste and quality of the food. We were served by a lovely lady who spoke only little English but was very helpful and friendly.

Pros: Very good burgers and pastry, Good portion size, Relatively low priced
heuschrecke
heuschrecke

Nice spot in a nice town

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2014

We stopped here to grab lunch. There was a good choice of little snacks and desserts. The staff was friendly and helpful. Try the donut, it was delish!

Pros: good choice, staff speaks English
Cons: no real seating, food is not freshly made

kirsten22
kirsten22

Pastries and Sandwiches

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

We stopped here on the recommendation of a friend, and we were not disappointed! The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and it was quite unexpected to see an all-vegan pastry and sandwich shop in a little town such as Lucca. The display case was absolutely filled with donuts, cupcakes, breads, cakes, sandwiches, etc. We were just in the area for a few hours, so we ended up taking quite a few things to go (including an entire loaf of banana bread!) The donuts, bread and sandwiches that we bought were all amazing. The only thing that was a little lacking was a chocolate muffin that tasted extremely "healthy" and dry. However, everything else was top-notch! We loved this place and would definitely go back to try more things next time!! It's definitely small inside, but Lucca has so many piazzas that it would be quite easy to take a few things to go and eat them outside in the city! If you have a chance, definitely check this place out.

Pros: wonderful food, friendly staff, good prices
Cons: small seating area
Tara HD
Tara HD

Fast food

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2013

When I arrived there I was a bit disappointed. Nowhere had I found any information that this place is actually just a small fast food eatery with a few tables in a rather cold atmosphere.
The burger was good when served with white bread (not so good with brown bread), the pastries are excellent.

Pros: 100% vegan, very good pastries
Cons: cold atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Nanda's: