Nan Tien Temple

Nan Tien buddist temple has 2 vegetarian eateries. The Dew Drop Inn serves cafe style Asian meals with dishes like tofu laska, wanton soup, spring rolls for $4-10, lunch only. Upstairs the Dining Hall is cafeteria style and offers a plate for $8 that includes 3 sides, rice, fried rice of noodles, and fruit. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Buddhist, Asian, Fast food

First Review by cvxmelody
harassmailliw
harassmailliw

Great atmosphere

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

The Nan Tien Temple is one of my favorite places in the whole world. I have only eaten at the down stairs cafe/ restaurant and it is quite good. The meals are quite small and simple but I have never been disappointed with a meal. It has such a great atmosphere and you feel so at peace and happy eating there. It's a great experience at a fantastic place. Not all of the meals are vegan unfortunately, I thought they were until they changed the wording on the menu and I realised i had been eating egg noodles (YUCK!), so make sure you check the ingredients with them, although it is quite hard because non of the staff speak much English. Over all it's a wonderful place to eat and the money for the food is going to the Temple. Make sure you have a look around the temple, it's amazing!

Pros: Amazing atmosphere, good food
Cons: over priced, simple meals (but yum), small portions
To wish
To wish

Winter tucker

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

On a blustery winter day we just enjoyed delicious and warming curry at the tea house. And we were just remarking that it is a very nice atmosphere. Coming here frequently you get to see the seasons rolling by. Now the lotus pond is resting with no lotus visible waiting for spring to shoot up new growth. We also stayed the night in the peaceful temple atmosphere to have a break from the busy Sydney pace.

cvxmelody
cvxmelody

Serene and imposing

4 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2009

The Nan Tien complex is claimed to be the largest Buddhist temple in the southern hemisphere (which I find plausible) and well worth a visit for this reason alone. Beautiful classical architecture and gardens evoke the bygone era of imperial China.

I had lunch in their Dining Hall and it was simple and nutritious. However most come down to soak up the magnificent environs - the food is just a bonus!

Dear Owner and Manager of Nan Tien Temple: